Watching our games.

Sorry for bad ENG first.

Dead by Daylight says that's a horror game, but it's actually not. It still requires skill and a base information to play.

So, since it's nearly a competitive game, why I can't see my games? I want to watch my game again and from different point of views. So I can understand my mistakes, what I did wrong and learn more. Since I can see different points of views, I will be able to learn where survivors usually go after that, where they usually prefer to heal, which generators they were on and I couldn't get pressure. I can also record and share my good clips with my friends too if that system comes to hand.

I also think this system will help to find cheaters more easily. Even you don't like that reasons, it's just fun. Watching my old games is just fun anyway!

Please comment what you guys think about that.

Comments

• Greatamygdala
    Greatamygdala Member Posts: 292

Sounds like a waste of time adding an in game recording function when they could barely fixtheir game without opening a can of bugs at the same time.

As for recording your game, I have a third party software for that. You can fine one too in the windows store if i recall

• TicTac
    TicTac Member Posts: 2,407

A map on the endscreen with the positions of all players through the match would be interesting. But its too much work with no benefits for behaviour.

• kaeru
    kaeru Member Posts: 1,568

Rocket league has such feature. In dbd it would be great for improving, learning new tricks and we could also report cheaters with demo file instead of video evidence.

• Deadeye
    Deadeye Member Posts: 3,627

I would also like a replay function. Not just what you can record on your own, but instead an "action tracker" that allows to watch the game from every POV. Showing you how the killer played, how he outplayed you, what your teammates did. To get a feeling of what happens where you have no information.

First thing I would guess is that the typical 5 second snapshot on hook "noone on gens? useless team" would be addressed because there are thousands of reasons why someone could be not on a gen. Although I guess people claiming useless teams wouldn't take the time to find out anyway :/ But I would really also like to see others running the killer etc or how they managed to get the basement unhook or whatever.

Besides: I don't know what the horror aspect has to do with the justification of having a replay function or not. Anyway, Dead By Daylight IS a horror game. No matter if you got used to it or not or how competitive the game is. There is a killer trying to murder you. Abstract as much as you want, the core horror aspect stays.

• Equus
    Equus Member Posts: 324

I use OBS for recording take your time optimizing the settings first since it will take some tweaking to match your pc and getting the best quality recordings. If you spot a twitch streamer in your match go see if they are streaming and watch the VOD if you want to see another players perspective.