Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Insight on Michael Myers (PLEASE HELP)

Unicorn
Unicorn Member Posts: 2,340

Hey guys,

I'm a student at Uni, taking a psychology course. I have a final paper I need to write about a character from a game, TV show or film of my choosing. I've chosen to write about the psychology of Myers mostly about his childhood. I was wondering if anyone who was familiar with ALL of the films and ALL of the lore (as I've only watched the recent 2019 remake and part of the Rob Zombie version) could reference if whether Michael would be considered Schizophrenic or just a pure Psychopath? I've watched a video that I cannot quote word for word where it was a possibility that Michael heard voices telling him to kill Judith. Is this true?

Please help D;

Comments

• FhostGace
    FhostGace Member Posts: 30
    edited December 2020

I havent watched all movies, but i know that myers killed his sister as a kid, because his parents liked her more and didnt give myers much attention, and after this michael was pure evil and feels like an aura from the mask he was wearing when killing his sister. He reacts very aggressive when near the mask or wearing it. It like the mask is controlling him a bit, so its like being schizophrenic.

• Slashstreetboy
    Slashstreetboy Member Posts: 1,811

I´m quite familiar with every installment of the Halloween franchise. The answer to your question may vary depending on which canon lore you choose to examine.

In the OG Halloween, he´s just undiagnosed but with clear psychopathic tendencies.

With the addition of the Cult of Thorne story line (Halloweens 4-6) his motivation becomes rooted in supernatural forces. It is hinted in Halloween 6 that Myers heard the voices telling him to kill, but again this is a long way from scientific reasoning.

For the sake of your paper, I´d recommend you focus on the Rob Zombie remakes. While they aren´t the best Halloween movies, they emphasise signifcantly more on the development of Michaels behavior as Rob Zombie imagines it. He delivers much more plausible causes (abusive household, overly sexual mom and sister, bullying at school) and show him exhibit early signs of developing psychopathy commonly found in real life serial killers (cruelty towards animals for example).

• Unicorn
    Unicorn Member Posts: 2,340

See this is what I thought it would be. Thank you so much.

Excellent! The Rob Zombie film is what I was learning towards with this paper, solely because it gives a perspective of his childhood trauma's (as Rob Zombie imagined) and how the result of his actions towards his family has played a part in changing his life forever when older. Thank you so much for your post, I was hoping the Rob Zombie version was somewhere to go.