Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Whats Up With Every Killer Running Noed?

Like seriously tho. I'm facing red ranks with them lately. Cmon bro. Also, in my opinion I think it needs a nerf. Maybe it goes away like tier 3 myers? Shits annoying

Comments

• The_Bootie_Gorgon
    The_Bootie_Gorgon Member Posts: 2,340

time to start using noed every game...if I ever go back to normal work hours...

• Terro
    Terro Member Posts: 1,171

They probably think a noed nerf is coming so they're getting it out of their system.

• KingFrost
    KingFrost Member Posts: 3,014
    edited December 2020

NoED is only a problem if the killer camps/tunnels their first down. Otherwise, you're able to do totems and take NoED out of the equation before it even does anything. There are times where 'just do gens' applies, but in every other situation you can prevent NoED. *insert Smokey The Bear Meme*

• danielmaster87
    danielmaster87 Member Posts: 9,109

They're tired of getting gen rushed. Or they're just bad and play with it in every match.

• meatisadelicacy
    meatisadelicacy Member Posts: 1,920

I run Small Game and pretty much always do because I hate NOED so much. You'd be surprised how many games I do all five totems, or only have time to do four and the killer gets a 4k.

Interesting though that totems have received a little buff. They're much harder to see now than they were before. Even with Small Game I miss them and spend way more time looking for them.

• Revzi100
    Revzi100 Member Posts: 529

whats so wrong with doing gens? aint that the point?

• If every killer ran it they would nerf it, but it's less common than you think it is. It's not very good against any remotely decent team.

• The_Bootie_Gorgon
    The_Bootie_Gorgon Member Posts: 2,340
    edited December 2020

carp, i already played 2 killer games and forgot about running noed :(

• voorheesgt
    voorheesgt Member Posts: 827

This^^^^. Can't use moris to counter keys anymore effectively. So now it's super strong perks for the save. Granted a key isn't usually saved for the end game but it happens in 3 and 4 man swfs a lot anymore.

• gatsby
    gatsby Member Posts: 2,533
  • voorheesgt
    voorheesgt Member Posts: 827

That usually only lasts 3 totems. And it reminds you not to just wander by every dull totem...

• Mooks
    Mooks Member Posts: 14,709
    edited December 2020

There is also next to the tome challenge that @JawsIsTheNextKiller mentioned a new achievement/trophy to get hooks during EGC.

i played some games with Noed and Bloodwarden because of this..

• Jb94
    Jb94 Member Posts: 209

Yep this was why I ran it recently.

Got the perfect team, slammed gens despite chases being short- one got unhooked in front of me and while the rescuer looped me On the same structure she used her DS/BT immunity to finish a gen a few feet away.

Noed only took down 1 before it got broken (OP plz nerf), luckily bloodwarden took things from there. Managed to do the challenge in one game, but it was so much fun I'm considering giving it a shot now and then to change things up.

• Unicorn
    Unicorn Member Posts: 2,340

Small Game + Cleansing Dulls = No Noed

You’re welcome.

• bm33
    bm33 Member Posts: 8,159

NOED has been used a bunch in red ranks for awhile, it's why players are constantly complaining about it and wanting it nerfed. As long as survivors ignore totems when there isn't an obvious Hex totem killers will run NOED. Red rank survivors are the worst when it comes to doing totems, many find doing them waste of time and will "go find the totem if NOED activates."

• Zarathos
    Zarathos Member Posts: 1,911

Its not keys. keys counter noed since likely one dead survivour can open the hatch escape at one gen left meaning noed is gonna yield no value. You need gen delay and slug based gameplay to try and lock the hatch option out at least till one survivour is left. Obviously its not easy.

Noed seeing so much use because its a good perk for players who struggle getting to grips with applying map pressure. Combined with killer queue times being significantly lower you will see more players trying to pick up the role and seeing noed as a strong perk option since other perks require specific play patterns to yield results.

Insert hurr durr crap killer players use noed. Let get this out of the way killer is a hard role. There is a lot of easy traps to fall for. A lot of killers have clunky powers and as such you will see a lot of noed players for people trying to learn killer. Not everyone can experiance loss after loss as killer and continue to want to learn.

If noed gives new killers a chance at success i welcome it frankly im sick of long survivour queue times.

• Shirokinukatsukami
    Shirokinukatsukami Member Posts: 1,624

This is probably the real reason people are running NoEd.

Frankly I haven't seen people use NoEd. You know why? Because they're all running Undying Ruin.

• TeabaggingGhostface
    TeabaggingGhostface Member Posts: 3,108

But what's up with survivors running ds + ub + dh/sb +bt and no other perks

• Shirokinukatsukami
    Shirokinukatsukami Member Posts: 1,624

This is a necessity in red ranks. Killers in red rank are very good at what they do and wasting time = team wipe. There is no time to cleanse totems most of the time, especially if you're fighting a strong killer like Freddy, Oni, etc.

• Stealth
    Stealth Member Posts: 123

I mean you can say the same thing about survivor perks that you see all the time; DS, BT etc.

• bm33
    bm33 Member Posts: 8,159

I'm in red ranks, there's plenty of time to cleanse totems unless the killer is applying a ton of pressure but those killers don't need NOED anyway - they'll have a 4k long before last gen is completed. Considering totems a waste of time and not including cleansing them in survivor strategy is what makes NOED more powerful than it should be.

• Madjura
    Madjura Member Posts: 2,444

Alternative to cleansing: don't finish the last generator when the killer is coming, don't stay on the exit gate in attempt to finish opening it after being hit.

NOED can be played around but barely anyone does so.

• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095

Honestly, i wouldn´t recomment any killer to use NOED. Why? Because it skews the data the devs get.They see killer gets 2 kills, and think everything is fine, when that killer got exactly 2 hooks because of NOED.

• Aneurysm
    Aneurysm Member Posts: 5,270

Noed can be annoying af yes, especially when you're solo and die to it after cleansing 'only' three or four totems yourself (go team!)

But also if like 10% of the effort that's been put into complaining about noed on this forum was spent on cleansing dull totems it would be the most useless perk ever, literally worse than monstrous shrine.

Incidentally I don't run noed but as I don't have many perks in general I've sometimes been using thrill of the hunt on its own because why not. As it comes with a built-in totem counter, the amount of games I have, win or lose, that finish with 3, 4 or even all 5 totems undisturbed, is ridiculous. And that is why noed works.

• vacaman
    vacaman Member Posts: 1,140

I never understood why people think NOED is op from a survivor or killer perspective.

• Revzi100
    Revzi100 Member Posts: 529
  • CacahueseSeco
    CacahueseSeco Member Posts: 73

Don't need a nerf, u just need to clean totems, it's so ez. Need to say i play more survi than killer.

I always clean 2-3 totems per match. If al my team clean always the same amount of totems as I, no NOED in late.

But many noobs/casuals/ good players with thousands of hours cry because of noed, complain and insult, for a perk of the game. CLEAN TOTEMS BUDDYS. But people want to m1 m1 m1 gen rush bro let's do quick 5 gens and go m1 m1, and forget totems XD

• freddymybae
    freddymybae Member Posts: 613

lol a other nerf killer killer op survivor weak reee post

• Volfawott
    Volfawott Member Posts: 3,893
    edited December 2020

It used to have a time limit but all it did was encourage people to just hide for that time.

As for the perk itself it's barely a catch-up mechanic the most it's going to do is probably get you one kill if even that. ( if you're up against competent survivors)

The only time a bad killer is going to get a full wipe with that perk is if the survivors are potatoes.

However if the perk is that annoying to you might I suggest bringing small games or detectives hunch and going for a totem hunt before the last gen is completed. If you don't want to do this then stop complaining

• Mister_xD
    Mister_xD Member Posts: 7,669

introducing:

Dull Totems

cleanse them.

• not_Queef
    not_Queef Member Posts: 820

They need to just get rid of the element of surprise. Survivors are Exposed, but are only informed of this fact when somebody gets hit. This is a hangover from the way the perk's original incarnation and is inconsistent with how status effects are supposed to work.

I think there would be far fewer complaints about NOED if survivors were simply informed that they are Exposed as soon as the perk activates.

Nobody complains about Haunted Grounds. Nobody complains about Make Your Choice. Hell, people will refuse to cleanse against Plague, essentially giving her NOED for the entire game.

The problem with NOED is the disparity between expectation and reality. You're being chased, you think "ok, I can take this hit, get to that pallet, loop a little then run to the ex-- oh, I guess I'm down. Much fun, very fair."

The current design is just flawed.

• thrawn3054
    thrawn3054 Member Posts: 5,897

Just run Detective's Hunch.

• Zarathos
    Zarathos Member Posts: 1,911

I think brining in more killer players is more worthwhile then making some datasheet more accurate.

Lets be real if the devs are gonna find a way to balance the game it needs to be through a proper qa high rank testers.

Besides variable like overaltruism and face camping means no survivour or all survivours technically wins. Anyone who uses escape and kills as a measurement of balance is a fool to forsake the other variables.

• Hoodied
    Hoodied Member Posts: 13,019

NOeD should not do that again, as NoEd has been nerfed more times than buffed (First Nerf: Gave it a 2 minute timer once activated) (Second Nerf: Hex Conversion, tier 3 only granted the Exposure effect) (First Buff: All tiers consistent, all tiers grant exposure)

You counter this hex in the most simplest of ways, literally cleansing totems

• EvanSnowWolf
    EvanSnowWolf Member Posts: 1,583

I run NOED to punish toxic players.

The ones that teabag constantly and bodyblock at the gate. No, I don't mean for the hook save. I mean just to BM in the last 20 meters. It is very satisfying for me to hatchet a player in the doorway with NOED that thought they were unkillable during their teabagging because they had a "free hit" left, especially if they were running Adrenaline.

When players stop being jerks at gates, I will stop using NOED.

• greekfire774
    greekfire774 Member Posts: 170

Lol ever since moris got nerfed I've been running blood warden, infectious fright, noed, and hex undying. I'm not screwing around with these 4 key lobbies and I'll slug every single person until they're all getting hooked. Welcome to the world of dead by daylight when the developers decide to show their bias to us blatantly.

• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095

I agree.

Getting accurate data might be difficult. That´s why i recommend regular tournaments with real prizes. People are more eager to play perfectly instead of just throwing the game, when there is something they can get out of it.

• The_Sniper
    The_Sniper Member Posts: 79

Haven't seen NOED in months tbh but it really doesn't need a nerf lmao. Just do bones. If you're at a point where the games over for NOED to even activate, you've probably already pipped anyways.

• Sluzzy
    Sluzzy Member Posts: 3,130

All it takes is one SWF coordinated genrush teabagging when that last gen is popped in your face and you'll be running NOED for awhile.