I'm starting to understand why no one plays with the Twins

Options
2»

Comments

• gibblywibblywoo
    gibblywibblywoo Member Posts: 3,772
    Options

The only games I've seen a Twin player get more than 1 kill after PTB is if they get a basement hook and camp it with Charlotte.

They're awful. So, so bad. I thought Legion was the worst killer we'd ever see in DBD but here we are.

• OtterBelief
    OtterBelief Member Posts: 6
    Options

Where to begin with my assessment of the Twins...

Victor -

Victor is so easily countered, he can’t vault. (legitimately that is all you need to know) 99% of his pounces on vaults won’t work, they weren’t intended to.

He can be held hostage, meaning you are left with an M1 killer in Charlotte (Yes, he dies after 45seconds) in the recent patch, but that is a lot of time to be without a power.

His only upside is ability to down injured survivors, that is it.

Forget about forcing a locker shut with a survivor inside: 1, it can be countered with the head on perk & 2, Unless Charlotte is idle very close by, your not getting any reward out of it.

Ironically, Victor forcing a locker shut on a survivor, can benefit a survivor if they run inner strength, they get a full heal complete in MOST of the cases, before Charlotte can reach the locker.

He is also very audible, I can hear victor, before i see him in most cases. It is very rare to be caught off guard.

Charlotte -

Her animations (pick up, break pallet etc) genuinely feel sluggish compare to other killers. I assume they aren’t, but it makes a clunky killer, feel even more clunky.

Slow transition times between switching back from victor.

It can be hard to discern, where the survivor is that victor is currently clung to, wasting valuable chase time (unless you know each map inside out).

In most, not all, but most cases... especially in red ranks against an organised SWF group, If you pounce of a survivor with victor, and switch back to Charlotte, most savvy SWF groups have already healed the injured survivor. Meaning, in most cases you have to chase a survivor twice, to get the same payoff.

The Twins Perks -

Coup de Grace

For a perk that Is supposed to reward a killer against tough survivors (Gen rushing) it has a very low pay-off - the cache to lunge 60% further once per generator, bear in mind you can miss that lunge. IMO Feddys perk fired up is in a similar position, not very good perks need much QOL changes to them, before they are viable.

Oppression -

Not the worst Perk, but the cool down is far to long. Most survivors will hit the difficult skill check & for a generator regression perk, it doesn’t come close to ruin & pop, but still, it is the best of a bad bunch of perks.

Hoarder -

It adds 2 chests to the game, and now doesn’t decrease the rarity of items from those chests. This, would be more suited to being a survivor perk, completely useless as a killer perk, very low reward (the aura reading is the same as infectious fright) not the most useful. This perk actually rewards the survivor more than the killer.

Overall -

This killer has a fantastic concept & design aesthetics, but unfortunately pales in comparison to other killers.l in terms of lethality. Also, one of the lowest point earning killers - making it feel like a real drag just to PIP. Every Twins killer so have played against has done either one of the following 3 things.

Disconnected - due to frustration.

Started to ask to farm - instead of playing the objective.

Or in the very rare case - has played extremely well and got 1-3 kills in the game.

I have played as her since release and do ok with her usually between the 2-3 kills per game, but have to really play unfair to get the 4kills, which is what the few (very few) killers who use her, resort to as a result of the killers inherent gameplay flaws.

• Deadman316
    Deadman316 Member Posts: 578
    Options

I see a lot of people say Charlotte has no power, but it's definitely made up with her speed, she's crazy fast! I've only played against them, but once Victor caught someone, she was on them super quick. In chases, she's pretty tough to get away from.