If ruin/undying gets nerfed the NOED meta will definitely come back, just saying.

Options

title

Comments

• Mister_xD
    Mister_xD Member Posts: 7,669
    Options

i would take a NOED killer over a Ruin Tinkerer Undying killer any day.

at least with NOED i feel like its my fault that i get punished because i didnt do bones. Ruin Undying Tinkerer just punishes me for whatever i try to do - trying to do gens? Tinkerer punishes me for it and Ruin resets the progress. trying to do bones? Undying punishes me for that.

(the punishment of Undying and Tinkerer in both cases being an location reveal to the killer, resulting in getting chased off of whatever i was trying to do)

• Farshad7913
    Farshad7913 Member Posts: 58
    Options

its actually the same, in both cases you get punished for tunnel visioning on gens and ignoring totems. but with ruin/undying you take away 2 perks while with noed just one.

• GoodBoyKaru
    GoodBoyKaru Member Posts: 22,651
    Options

The NOED meta never left lol. I've faced so many people today with NOED that it's not even funny anymore.

Common factor between them all? They'll tunnel one person out the game, apply no pressure, and then crutch kills with NOED because you need the gens done ASAP when someone's getting tunneled as a hope they'll be able to escape lol.

NOED went nowhere, unfortunately. Bad players will always use it.

• Bullettimegod
    Bullettimegod Member Posts: 994
    Options

I have to ask you this.

If a killer runs noed. Tunneled no one. Got the 4k. But 2k came from noed (they were red rank swf good at spreading pressure.) And the last two were on death hook anyways. Does this mean the killer relied on noed or was it the surv fault for not doing bones? (Also said killer got perfect score)

• Mister_xD
    Mister_xD Member Posts: 7,669
    Options

with the difference that NOED allows you to safely do them, while Ruin Undying Tinkerer reveals your aura when you try, creating a lose - lose situation where you either reveal your location when you do a gen or when you do a totem.

honestly, all Undying needs to be balanced is the aura reveal being taken away completely / limited to Hexes.

that way it would be a lot more fair for solo teams, be less oppressive, get rid of the lose - lose scenario and still fullfill its main purpose of respawning other Hexes (Ruin).

• GoodBoyKaru
    Options

There can be good people that use the perk. If a killer has a perfect 32k score then they had to have, at least, 3 hooked 3 people. ZubatLEL has also used the perk before iirc, and he's a great killer.

I never said everyone who uses the perk is #########, I said ######### players use the perk. Inductive conclusion that's probable, not a deductive one that's definite.

or was it the surv fault for not doing bones?

This, though. I have a problem with this. I have a substantial problem with this.

In a SWF I can coordinate how many totems have been cleansed. I can say where those totems were, when I did them, etc etc. In solo, I can't do that. I don't know how many of them are left, where they've been cleansed and when. When I've done three generators and four totems, then I'm the one that gets punished by going down to NOED in the endgame because my solo teammates couldn't do one singular totem, is it my fault for just being bad? Is it my fault that, in a team game with random players who throw shack pallet without a stun at 5 gens and go down 30 seconds later, who cannot hit skillchecks and urban evade at the corner of the map at red ranks, they couldn't do a single totem between them?

Just do bones is flawed. Just do bones is so incredibly flawed. It's like saying "just don't go down" when talking about old moris; oh I'd love to but my teammates used every possible resource known to mankind and ruined the economy.

"Oh, then use a totem perk!"

What a great idea! Let me slot it into my build alongside Iron Will, Off The Record, Spine Chill (because that's how you counter Stridor Spirit according to these forums), Windows Of Opportunity, Kindred, Bond (knowing what my teamamtes are doing), Decisive Strike, Borrowed Time (to help my team vs campers + tunnelers, and to help me vs a camper and tunneler), Resilience (alongside Spine Chill to help with the atrocious "hit validation" that's done nothing but make the survivor experience worse), and-

Oh, oh wait. that's 10 perks.

Last I checked there were only 4 slots available.

Just need to get better, I guess.

NOED is atrocious in solo and managable in a SWF- you know, when NOED is actually needed to have.

If you want my full thoughts on the perk, here's a thread I made about it a while back:

Everything I wrote about here still stands because the survivor experience since then, particularly solo, has only gotten worse.

• Bullettimegod
    Options

Thats a lot of perks. Also valid. Personally i just stick to a simple rule of bones> gens. Since most bones are found near a gen or hook, usually when looking for a gen or going for unhook i make a mental note of where that said bone is to come back to it once heat dies down. This is excluding lerys and midwich cause ugh. Im sure youve been told this.

Side note: off the record? Youre the first i saw mention that.

• GoodBoyKaru
    Options

Off the Record-> reduces grunts of pain by 100%

Iron Will-> reduces grunts of pain by 100%

Therefore it's 200% reduces sounds of pain.

Stridor increases it by 50%, so with Iron Will it's only 50% sound you make. WIth both of them, your sounds of pain are reduced by 150%, and Stridor does nothing for 80 seconds after you've been unhooked. Obviously it also works with No Mither but, that's No Mither.

A combination of those 3 perks is the only way to counter Stridor completely.

• Bullettimegod
    Options

Good to know. And here i am just thinking in clever for being able to time pallets to slamming on a phasewalking spirit. :(

• GoodBoyKaru
    Options

No that's pretty cool to do, it's just if you want to counter Stridor Spirit that's what you have to do, according to the forums anyway. Every time someone complains about something to do with solo (and how atrocious it is), these are perks I've seen mentioned in the comments. Shame there's only 4 slots though, lmao.

• SocialDistomancy
    SocialDistomancy Member Posts: 1,319
    edited December 2020
    Options

noed will never be meta as long as you spend some time sittin alone diggin up bones. same reason undying isn't a problem. stop trying to rush gens or spending half the game hiding doing nothing and start looking for bones and undying won't become a problem and noed will be a waste of a perk slot and never become 'meta'. the devs keep holding survivors' hands and eventually they're gonna need to geta round to pushing out bot killers with decent AI or else the game is done for. start at least making a basic effort to git gud, not saying that you personally, it's to anybody reading this that feels entitled to everything they dislike being nerfed constantly.

• CashelP14
    CashelP14 Member Posts: 5,564
    Options

This is just completely incorrect.

The people who ran NOED before still run it now. The number of NOED users hasn't decreased since the Undying/Ruin meta came in.

• Bullettimegod
    Options

Eh with stridor spirit i basically just try to buy my team as much time as i can when im being chased. It could be 15 secs could be 3 minutes. But i also dont play solo most times. (Mostly because lfg posts and etc)