PSA If you're going to be a killer. Be a killer.

AbstractSaucing
AbstractSaucing Member Posts: 103
edited December 2020 in General Discussions

There shouldn't be game where you pick and choose who you kill, and by that I mean, there's no reason why you should be ignoring the survivor standing literally RIGHT in front of you, unmoving, for the same survivor over and over and over again while still ignoring that one survivor. (Yes I'm ######### salty) its just exhausting to go against a Hag that refuses to hit a Claudette.

Comments

• AbstractSaucing

This post is mostly towards a Killer favoring a survivor and choosing to outright ignore said survivor. I have NO problem with getting killed as a Survivor

• AbstractSaucing

I understand that too, heck as a Killer I've opened the door for my survivors.

But there's something about a Camping Hag ignoring the Claudette standing literally right on top of them that kind of urks me

• GoodBoyKaru
    GoodBoyKaru Member Posts: 22,764

Oh that's kinda pissy ill give you that; like if my plan is to give hatch I'll still hook them twice lol just I'll leave them slugged or not chase them when they're dead on hook. I think that might be working with the opposition but idk need a mod to clarify that one

• AbstractSaucing

Exactly. If my plan was to let them go or give them a hatch, they gotta work for that stuff. Im not giving it to them if they're just going to stand on top of me and not work for it

• GoodBoyKaru

It's because your name is Sonic der Mettigel and he's scared of you

• GoodBoyKaru
  • Aneurysm
    Aneurysm Member Posts: 5,270

My family are all in London so they are :/ up here in Schottland the system is kinda different but still confusing

• GoodBoyKaru
  • EvilJoshy
    EvilJoshy Member Posts: 5,295
    edited December 2020

The only time I ignore a survivor is if they are afk or they are trying to get me to chase them. If it's the later then they are probably a god looper and my time is better spent going after someone else. If they keep trying and I can get a hit in I will.

Post edited by EvilJoshy on
  • Clevite
    Clevite Member Posts: 4,335

I just did this last night.

But it was because I had the same survivor in back to back lobbies. And in the first game they kicked ass. I should have gotten a 0k, but I was able to grab her off the exit door at the last second. They were all on death hook so the rest ran out and she died.

Give our GGs and I said" I should have let you live, you were awesome" and she was in my next lobby. I texted, "Not you again"

But I thoroughly destroyed them. Got good rng and had about 5 hooks before a genny was completed. But when I would catch her on death hook I would just slug her. Until I got the 3k and she got the hatch.

It just felt right. I didn't ignore her, I just didn't put her on death hook.

• SpookyPumpkinPiez
    SpookyPumpkinPiez Member Posts: 278

I have a pet survivor when someone goes afk. I down them and just carry them around with me the whole round

• tippy2k2
    tippy2k2 Member Posts: 5,178

Are you sure you're ready for a pet survivor? Remember, if we get you one, you have to walk it and clean their lockers when they make a mess and down them every once in a while to keep them on their toes. It's a lot of responsibility young man and I'm not taking care of your survivor if you get bored in two weeks of it trying to throw pallets on your head and stabbing you when you pick it up before 60 seconds are up...

• SaintDorks
    SaintDorks Member Posts: 252

IF you pissed me off, I am gonna focus you..I am sorry..I am a killer and If you disrespect me in my house I am gonna get you with the belt.

• TheKnowlesFam
    TheKnowlesFam Member Posts: 63

I think people hold issues from prior matches with certain survivors. I was playing with a Steve and he was relentlessly tunneled by a Doctor and then after we were all slugged to save Steve, the doctor let him bleed out for reasons completely unknown. Then he picked everyone up and gave us the wiggle. Let everyone else escape. I. don't understand.

There have been matches where someone was DEEPLY FACECAMPED on first hook until death and the killer completely ignored me or refused to hit me because I was the obsession and I understand that there are perks that allow you to have more speed or what have you. ut morally I have to save someone on first hook who is being face camped 2 inches from their face no matter what.

Also maybe the killer was a Claudette main and has a soft spot for Claud

• AbstractSaucing

THAT'S THE THING THOUGH I often play the killer so know the etiquette of what Killer generally enjoy. (No teabags, giving good chases, ect) and I was being very polite if not even just asking to run for bloodpoints

• HeckaYeah
    HeckaYeah Member Posts: 187

I just think it's mildly annoying that some people work hook and camp from the start ( before a single gen is done). In solo games it's hard enough to survive, you have to prove yourself before anyone will even help you. It's even harder if you get camped- you'd better bet no one's coming for you. I can't even tell you how many times I've depiped because of an early loss like this! Say what you will about perks- some people just don't have them, they're not always accessable. If your survivor is working their bum off and they have no aid, then they're most likely a solo. Give them some love before you hook them- it gives you both more blood points anyways.

Also, this isn't one sided. Is gens are flying I will purposely make noise for the killer and lead a chase- they deserve points too. They might as well make out with few hits and a free hook, even if I don't end up leaving alive. At least they don't walk away completely frustrated by the teabagging, flashlight whipping jerk at the gate. It's a game ment for fun, everyone should have a decent match now and then.

• seki23
    seki23 Member Posts: 833

u wont win, at best youll get a 0 wich is a loss for the killer but they actually yes won, however not many people care about piping and being at rank 1 so is whatever.

• malloymk
    malloymk Member Posts: 1,553

Been rank 1 many times over. No reward means no need to sweat. I just want to chill and play a video game the way I feel like. 0 pip is a win to me.

• SnakeSound222
    SnakeSound222 Member Posts: 4,467
    edited December 2020

If I’m letting you live, then it’s because I know you want to use DS or an Endurance perk on me so I leave you and come back later or I’m trying to beat a stupid challenge so I need you guys to do stuff. I never willingly let someone escape (as in, carrying them to the Hatch or letting them open a gate). I don’t care how memey you were, if you’re in my game, then I will try to kill you. No exceptions.

• bjorksnas
    bjorksnas Member Posts: 5,476

See the funny part is, most of the time I don't want to go after the same survivor over and over again but survivors always create surrounding factors to basically force the killer to do it

1. Instantly hide after saving a teammate leaving them to fend for themselves when the killer comes back so they can't chase the savior
    2. Rush gens with the mindset of the killer can't tunnel ever at all while creating a literal perfect excuse for the killer to tunnel so he can mount more pressure against your team
    3. Use a ton of visible meta or second chance perks, its annoying to watch a survivor get extra chances even if you thought you weren't tunneling them or watch them deadhard for distance to extend a chase, Its highly likely to get tunneled into the ground if the killer feels wronged by how much strong perks you decided to bring
    4. Have a key, this ones on you no killer likes to see keys, especially if you brought it in you are basically asking for it

But no survivors are entitled to the killer hooking a survivor running to the corner of the map counting to 100, doing 20 pushups then and only then coming back to play the game anymore with even A THOUGHT of hitting the same survivor even once without even asking if they earned fair play.

• pseudechis
    pseudechis Member Posts: 3,904

I just hit whom I find. If you were the last one hooked then its not personal just business.

I also like to chase and hook those who DS me as it just seems thematically appropriate.

• carnage4u
    carnage4u Member Posts: 338

There are so many valid reasons a killer my avoid a survivor A good killer will be wary of specific perks, It may be mid to late game, and the killer simply won't grab that one survivor that has 0 hooks to save them for last and focus on the others.

There are a lot of good reasons to be annoyed at a killer. Sweaty tryhards that think this is an esport will make any game less fun, but basic game knowledge and trying not to trigger specific events is fairly standard.

• YOURFRIEND
    YOURFRIEND Member Posts: 3,389

Eh. If there's an Ash or somebody playing ballsy I respect that and I'll usually give them hatch or gate. It's the people not unhooking, stealthing around and being cowards that will die as soon as I catch them.

• AbstractSaucing

It Wasn't even mid to late game. It was right out of the gates

• Felnex
    Felnex Member Posts: 334

No way. it's a video game, don't yell at me that I'm not RPing well enough.

• Jyn_Mojito
    Jyn_Mojito Member Posts: 515

Lol, I vibe with your comment and now I can't un-vibe. Instead of 'just git gud', it feels like, 'just roll a nat 20, bro'.

• Huge_Bush
    Huge_Bush Member Posts: 5,305

No, not toxic shirtless Davids who butt dance for mercy must live.

• Jyn_Mojito
    Jyn_Mojito Member Posts: 515

I think you're mistaken, Fog Walker, I'm currently a Level 20 Killer 🤣

• shyguyy
    shyguyy Member Posts: 298

I let the last survivor go every game, am I doing it right?