Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Does doing well with a low tier Killer and not as well with a high tier one make you a bad Killer?

For example, I can't play as Nurse or Spirit to save my life but will readily use Wraith whenever I can. Am I a bad Killer because I don't use the best Killer available? Or am I a good Killer because I do well with Wraithy Boi even though he's deemed low tier?

Comments

• lowiq
    lowiq Member Posts: 436

As long as you can consistently do well on killer, it makes you a "good" killer.

It doesn't matter what killer you play.

• FellowKillerMain
    FellowKillerMain Member Posts: 858

It makes you an anomaly!

But in all srsly, I fear wraith's and bad killers in red ranks because usually a bad killer in red ranks means a good player.

• shyguyy
    shyguyy Member Posts: 298

People that are able to play killer and do well without relying on op addons every game are generally the best players.

If you can do well on a killer like wraith you should be fine on most other killers except the few that play very differently (like nurse). Even low tier killers are perfectly viable against most survivors, despite what you will read here.

• MrGrizzly
    MrGrizzly Member Posts: 143

Nahhh, that's good on you! Making a killer viable that the community often deem "bad, trash, etc", is amazing how you can master him. Not being able to play nurse is completely understandable, but spirit most people would say "Ez killer, ez kills", but if you're not used to it, you still won't do well! You're a good killer, stay stafe from object and respect DSes! :)

• Sonzaishinai
    Sonzaishinai Member Posts: 7,976

Nurse and Spirit work mostly on their powers. Wraith works mostly on his M1's

They are different things and it's not an insane thought that you could be better at one or another.

The tierlist only matters against the top survivors anyway. You can play any killer and do good against the common rabble

• pseudechis
    pseudechis Member Posts: 3,904

No because anyone can find a way to leverage a killer's playstyle to their liking and make the most of any aspect of the game.

Killer tiers are for the most part... BS.

Basically tier lists are people's opinion about what works most often and what often doesn't. They may give you some insight into what killers have easier to use powers, or situationally harder to counter tech, but for the most part it is purely just opinion (often heavily biased). Occasionally backed up by some success numbers that are often heavily biased and not a lot of use from a data perspective.

Take em with a grain of salt and find the killer that suits you.

I main Hag and Trapper, the latter is viewed as weak but I consistently 3-4k with him as lots of playtime has let me leverage the most out of my traps. On the flipside I absolutely suck as Deathslinger because I can't seem to quick scope well or aim to save myself. I also suck as Oni and Hillbilly because I always seem to mistime their powers and miss with them even though they are also considered powerful.

• MadLordJack
    MadLordJack Member Posts: 8,814

It sounds like you're a good m1 chaser, which is a far more valuable skill than being good at specifically Nurse or specifically Spirit - their skills don't translate to other killers, but if you're good in a basic chase that's a skill you can take and apply it to other killers.

• GannTM
    GannTM Member Posts: 10,866

Every player has their own unique learning curves. If you struggle with certain killers but you're good with others, it doesn't make you bad in any way. I am pretty good with spirit, billy, pig, and blight but not so great with huntress, nurse, and plague. Some other people might have different preferences so don't feel bad if you aren't good with certain killers.

• Decarcassor
    Decarcassor Member Posts: 651

Picking a high tier killer does not make you instantly stronger. In fact some of the better killers are also harder to play well, Nurse being the most obvious exemple. But you also have Freddy who has a lot of advantages making him high tier, but largely play like a normal M1 killer.

Always keep in mind that tier lists are supposed to reflect the game at the highest level of play, when both killer and survivors are doing their best to win. Any tier list that does not is pointless and based on subjective preferences. You can do well with any character or perks you like in a casual setting, but the limits of low tier killers become very obvious when you run into a very efficient group of survivors. But you don't run into them that often.