Is it just me or am I seeing more keys?

NITRAS42
NITRAS42 Member Posts: 170
edited January 2021 in General Discussions

I feel like I see a survivor bring one in at least a third of matches. People trying to use them before they get reworked?

Or is this just my imagination?

Comments

• Mandy
    Mandy Administrator, Dev, Community Manager Posts: 22,958

I've played 10 matches in a row right now and not seen a single key.

I think it's just the effect of people talking about them, so everyone imagines that they're in every match - and therefore pays more attention to them.

Key escapes account for less than 2% of escapes from a match which is a pretty minimal amount.

• Mandy
    Mandy Administrator, Dev, Community Manager Posts: 22,958

What I have seen in 6 matches out of those 10 today are insta heals though, which really surprised me as I've not noticed them that much before.

• SnakeSound222
    SnakeSound222 Member Posts: 4,467

I saw a lot of keys and toolboxes yesterday. Not sure why.

• Angelicus23
    Angelicus23 Member Posts: 2,547

some people won't wait for the teammates to leave because the teammates are waiting for the killer to come for them to see them tbag. Literally had this happening 2 weeks ago, that nea just left only when I was hooked because the killer found me waiting in the hatch.

• OldHunterLight
    OldHunterLight Member Posts: 3,001

Yes for me as well, most likely everyone using them before they get reworked/nerf.

Yesterday I played 5 matches and all 5 of them had either a purple key or a pink key, wish the rework comes sooner, while it isn't as annoying as how insta heals were they still are annoying especially since most use the blood ember.

• Aldofer
    Aldofer Member Posts: 458
    edited January 2021

3 choice:

-their doing their dailies

-doing this stupid challenge in the archive

-they think beceause mories got nerfed key are next so they use it while they can (wich is probably the reason)

• Nameless
    Nameless Member Posts: 869

I've had keyless days, I've had days where I feel like the survivors made a bloodbond to ruin my day and brought up to 3 keys in a match lmao. I didn't really notice an increase in people bringing keys compared to before the announced key rework though.

• Moundshroud
    Moundshroud Member Posts: 4,458

You've had a lot better luck than me. When I was playing Killer earlier today I had a key in every single match I had all morning. In one I three.

• Healthore77992
    Healthore77992 Member Posts: 570

In my last 10 games 6 of them had keys, it's ridiculous, they need serious nerf.

• finitethrills
    finitethrills Member Posts: 617
    edited January 2021

Even without people bringing them, Survivors find at least 1 key in chest in just about every single match (not necessarily 1 PER surv) , so yeah.

• Aldofer
    Aldofer Member Posts: 458

you are lucky, cau'z in my last 10 game i got 6-7 keys in the game, they are more and more common

• Zylance
    Zylance Member Posts: 64

Just you. Keys are so rare.. alteast from what I've seen..👍

• horrortale_sans
    horrortale_sans Member Posts: 651

i like swiching to a green key at the end and scareing the killers or makeing them go after me

• SasukeKun
    SasukeKun Member Posts: 1,858

its the call you're getting that's screaming at the devs from the distance to balance the game