"SeLfCaRe TaKeS ToO LoNg"

Comments

• 6yXJI0
    6yXJI0 Member Posts: 589

Reminds me of one streamer who said that Selfcare wastes too much time and then immideately proceeds to search for a totem for 2 minutes to heal himself with Inner Strenght.

• justtrynaplay
    justtrynaplay Member Posts: 81

I think that the forums would be a better place if we all disregarded anything that people with Claudette pfps had to say

• gibblywibblywoo
    gibblywibblywoo Member Posts: 3,772

Self care with botany is great. Self care on its own is om with a good team.

Self care against any form of slowdown to healing is sabotaging your team

• Chrisko
    Chrisko Member Posts: 288

My issue with Self-care is that it creates an expectation that after every hit the survivor wants to self-care to reset to a healthy state. This wastes way too much time. Survivors who are unwilling to play while injured for a percentage of the game are probably not playing as smartly as they could.

• trick
    trick Member Posts: 159

finally someone took the time to say the facts about selfcare not the random snapchat of some trash match where some streamer decided that the best survivor perk was trash xD

• trick

surely bro xD 1 guy healing himself so he can take hit , or unhook, or do a gen safety encourages bad play? like this guys been reading that book of logic wow. or hes a freddy kruger main that thinks self cares toxic? #########

• trick

trash team that doesnt heal anyone , pro looper no selfcare, pro killer, ah cheers mate he is still 1 health state

• trick

thats what u call "encouraging bad play" ill think u'll find xD

• trick

not true of good players though is it xD , and also , once again for the billionth time, making yourself full health is not a waste of time xD. and your team healing you can be seen as wasting their time that could be spent saving someone else or on gens, so no thats not true im afraid . The guy that says selfcare is trash , will be the same guy that camps hook and waiting for injured players to unhook so he can just ez 4k. NO BRAINER

• trick

if the only killer you could play was hag , urban would be 1. perk xD

• Ivaldi
    Ivaldi Member Posts: 977

2 Minute Self-Care heal under max heal suppression... even if this was only 50% your self care is still way too long.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o-57gp6HeGY

• Marigoria
    Marigoria Member Posts: 6,090

Why would a freddy main think self care is toxic? All killers actually love self care, it helps the killer more than your own team.

The quantity of survivors who self care so they can take a hit is below 5%. Most self care so they can last 5 seconds in a chase instead of 2.

• trick

lol, such a narrow minded way to look at it there, killer love selfcare xD sure thing he love it when it makes u get hatch or unhook with bt and get away. and bro self care can get u out of dream world? kinda obvious reason?

lol that 5% are not braindead i guess

• Science_Guy
    Science_Guy Member Posts: 2,004

The possibility of not using the perk when you have multiple slowdowns is apparently too advanced for most of this community so they fuel the meme even though overall the perk is fine.

Inner Strength is obviously better, but IS is less effective with every teammate who runs it.

Depending on your teammates to actually help you in solo queue is hilariously unrealistic.

• Marigoria

Self care can get you out of dream world if you fail a skillcheck. Making it even longer to heal, when you could just you know fail a gen skill check, ask a team mate to wake you up, find a clock.

As someone who play freddy quite often please bring self care, makes pressuring gens way easier when survivors waste at least 32 seconds doing something else.

• trick

oh ye because every match there is a mate that can wake u up xD or a mate that can heal u, these things are not garenteed, selfcare, cant be countered , except by nurses or by tunnelling that player, so it is strong , xD 32 seconds , is nothing if u have 1 other player that can loop , which is 90% of matchs for me as rank1

i just played like 5 matchs selfcare/bt/dh/resilience , no dpip , and always escaped , and only 1 match out of 5 my 3 teamates did not escape. like d/s , its one time use, the only perk that as good as selfcare for replacement really is iron , but then again if your vsing pro killer he will track ur blood and ggez

• lagosta
    lagosta Member Posts: 1,871

There are moments when you need to play injured and people who rely on SC usually fail to identify those. A brown medkit is 100% more time efficient then SC. A yellow with bandages is also as good with 2 heals. How many times do you need to heal in a match to justify bringing self care instead of a medkit?

• Marigoria

While that other player is looping you should be doing a gen. Stop being useless to your team.

• sulaiman
    sulaiman Member Posts: 3,219

Quiet often if you cut into chases by taking over from the injured one, and then use the hit to juke the killer. Or with the killer that camps and you dont want just to hooktrade. Sorry, maybe i am just not good enough, but one heal per game really isnt enough for me. but then, i dont use dead hard or ds, so i cant just fail and get extra chances.

• trick

HELLO DUDE BASIC MATHS 4 people in match 1 using sc one on chase and 2 on gen? then as soon as im selfcared i either save or do gen with resilience on 99% heal , which makes my chase 2 times as long easily because i get a free sprint burst after my deadhard!? how is that bad , like use brain , brown medkit is not more efficient than selfcare, brown medkit is not infinate healing charges lmao. simple and basic logic guys wow

• trick

what so im 7.5k hours, but i dont kno when to use selfcare right? xD sure mate sure

• Marigoria
    edited January 2021

With that mentality "but the others are on gens!!!!11!" they might think you are on the gen and self care as well.

Also you're using 2 exhaustion perks.... you don't get to use sprint burst because you're still exhausted from dead hard, and then you get injured again, and no dead hard either. bruh....

• Dismas
    Dismas Member Posts: 54

Sounds crazy, but you can have two people healing you. And if you want to heal yourself while looping a killer than i have bad news, it should not work that way anyways.

• seki23
    seki23 Member Posts: 833

please keep healing ALWAYS after you get hit u are helping me massively.

• Marigoria

You're 7.5k hours but use 2 exhaustion perks including sprint burst that you can't even safe to use dead hard. Just goes to show to some people hours clearly don't mean much when they do mistakes I did at 5 hours.

• lagosta

I don't use them either, and it's hard to justify taking a hit for an injured survivor in a chase most of the times. If I am close enough to the chase while repairing gens, then the injured survivor failed to notice that and brought the killer to an area where they can disturb many people at once. If I am far away, I won't be running half of the map to take a hit or even risk accidentally sandbagging my teammate.

I do help and take aggro for teammates that are on deathook if I am not. But most of the times your team doesn't need someone to take a hit, they need objectives done, doors open, and a safe rescue.

• lagosta

Clearly, I didn't make an absolute statement or take the time to go through your profile and check your played time. Take some of those hours and learn to look elsewhere besides a mirror.

• 2LuvRias
    2LuvRias Member Posts: 352

Personally I don't have a problem with people running self care, people, can healthemselves whilst I work on a gen? One less problem.

The reason self care gets a bad rap is because many will combine it with UrbanEvasion, Then proceed to crawl around the map only to get caught and self care in corners. Repeating untill they're dead.

Personally I prefer DH, and IS, faster heals and it counters Hex perks:)

• trick

lol dude , i mean when u take hit , u get a sprint burst equivalent from being hit with basic attack

• trick

1 out of 4 not on gen doesnt mean sh*t to anyone. i dont want my matchs to be press m1 and gg , i want my matchs to have all rounded play? xD but no-one cares lets carry on saying the best perk is trash xD

• Marigoria

No one with 7.5k hours like you claim you have would say self care is the best perk.

• trick

ah mate see whats with the ultimatums generalizations ? like everyones different right , like how many perks are there ######### loads , and my fav perk is selfcare, and it still one of the top ten perks , by simple logic , its the only way that u can get infinite heals. nothing else in the game garentees u a heal , unless the killer is on u. so i mean do the math like i said how many times on this post XD its so basic its unreal. but just because some big streamers said it was bad its a trend to say its bad and have a list of bullshit reasons that only matter vs "the average killer"

• trick
    edited January 2021

i generally dont think about or apply myself when i face noob or average killers, then yes my build is not the strongest, but vs pro killers my build is strong , and trust me they wont love me by the end of that match unless i gave up

• Marigoria

Self care is not on the top 10 strongest perks.You don't need infinite heals if you're good in chases. I don't watch any streamers, I can make my own conclusions, and self care is only beneficial to below average players and it doesn't benefit their team mates at all.

• DBD78
    DBD78 Member Posts: 3,455

It's mostly a good slow down perk for the killer, but sometimes it can save you like in the end game when teammates leave. Also if teammate were interrupted while healing you then you can do the last bit yourself.

Me I never use it because I always bring a medkit. Since you can spend BPs in this game they never run out.

• trick

xDD ahh man these guys dude xD , its like ur all playing a 2D version of dbd or something

• Terro
    Terro Member Posts: 1,171
    edited January 2021

Then if we had a good matchmaking system or ranking system we'd never ever have to see one of those in the game cuz there's very little difference between their playstyle and a new player who has 2 hours in the game.

I've already said you lose time overall cuz the more you use it the more likely you're over using it. The less you use it the more likely you're having a wasted perk slot. Getting it in the perfect balance is very difficult to have, since it equally relies on circumstance. The more skilled the player, the less useful the perk becomes. Overall, it's better to not have it at all and to get people to stop being reliant on it. There are rare moments where it comes in clutch and self healing is the best choice but having a perk devoted to that is awful. These people are the exact reason why ruin + undying is even remotely a threat in solo queue.

• Terro
    Terro Member Posts: 1,171
    edited January 2021

What I said to the other person:

I've already said you lose time overall cuz the more you use it the more likely you're over using it. The less you use it the more likely you're having a wasted perk slot. Getting it in the perfect balance is very difficult to have, since it equally relies on circumstance. The more skilled the player, the less useful the perk actually becomes. It's a full on trap. Overall, it's better to not have it at all and to get people to stop being reliant on it.

Edit: I just want to mention. I don't care too much if a good player actually used self care correctly. That's up to them. You're just more likely to have bad players in solo queue using it.

• Raccoon
    Raccoon Member Posts: 7,693

Self-Care + Botany is not a terrible combo.

• mynameisaaaaa
    mynameisaaaaa Member Posts: 22

finish the gen then heal. if you dont then have fun playing a 3v1

• sulaiman

To be fair, i got 4,5k hours and self care is in all of my setups as solo survivor. Each time i go without it i rue it.

• Huge_Bush
    Huge_Bush Member Posts: 5,303

And if self care was base kit, that Claudette could have used Botany Knowledge. Either way, you would still get players healing, better to make it base kit and open up a perk slot to "hopefully" (I know it's a stretch) make them somewhat more useful.

• Marigoria

4k and i use iron will instead. I also solo q 99% of the time.

• sulaiman

And you never had the problem with people not healing you? because i had games i come to a gen, finish it with others, and they just run away. And when the killer turns up, he goes for me, because i am already injured.

• Marigoria

I've had that problem. But again, I don't really feel the need to be healed if I make no sound. I consider myself a bit more than average at looping though, so it's usually not an issue for me.

• sulaiman

I am not a good looper, if i am in a chase i juke the killer usually. For that, i often need to take a hit (because most pallets are already gone).

But again, i wouldnt go without selfcare. But you need to know when to selfcare and when not to.

• Huge_Bush
    Huge_Bush Member Posts: 5,303

I find this happening more and more. What is worse, when I get paired with Console survivors, I usually get left behind, even if there is no NOED. Even if I am still in a chase! They have a key, find hatch and end up leaving me. It has made me bitter and I now do the same to console players.

• GodDamn_Angela
    GodDamn_Angela Member Posts: 2,213

Your math doesn't actually work out. At all.

There's a difference between 2 survivors spending 16 seconds and one spending 32 seconds. They are not the same thing. A lot can happen in 16 seconds. Even more in 32. The main difference is that after 16 seconds you are both free to do what needs to be done. Otherwise for ~32 seconds you aren't doing anything. God forbid you heal yourself more than once a match. Healing yourself for over a minute is a losing move most of the time.

If someone pulls you off the hook it is immediately more effective and efficient for them to heal you right there instead of letting you go so you can find somewhere to heal. If you don't heal and go to a gen where another survivor is, they can heal you, and then you can both work the gen.

If you somehow think it is more efficient for you to heal yourself when another Survivor can heal then you don't understand this game at all. 32 seconds is a LONG time in DBD. Self Care can be useful but it is almost never worth the perk slot.

Take a Med-kit if you want to heal yourself. It's more efficient and effective. Or Inner Strength which is both more effective than Self Care in almost every way AND also gets you to clear totems.

• Seanzu
    Seanzu Member Posts: 7,526

Ehhh this argument was had a million times before they nerfed self care.

I told everyone nerfing self care wasn't a good idea, you know what happened after killer stopped complaining about self care because it was nerfed? They then exclusively complained about survivors not healing and just doing gens, getting mad a survivor would rather go down and finish a gen in front of a killer than run away or be healed.

I personally think healing could be sped up a little bit now that the game is in a much more balanced state.