Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Is there a way to make grass invisible in game?

Sarief
Sarief Member Posts: 543
edited September 2018 in General Discussions
Had my traps avoided to many times by p3 Claudette when they were in random high grass. Can be sure they avoided trap and not high grass, as they walked around it using different high grass.

Also, they easily get caught by trapped pallets, so I doubt cheating. 
Of course, no small game. 

Comments

• White_Owl
    White_Owl Member Posts: 3,786
    edited September 2018

Maybe from the killer's side, but I doubt it's possible as survivor. Probably they just saw it at the last moment. Remember that the traps' hitbox is relatively small, it's not hard to walk around them.

• Sarief

@White_Owl said:
    Maybe from the killer's side, but I doubt it's possible as survivor. Probably they just saw it at the last moment. Remember that the traps' hitbox is relatively small, it's not hard to walk around them.

You don't get disarm prompt when you run and you don't see it in high grass. If it was one trap, I'd agree they were following me, but all of them in different trials seems strange. Also, it happens only with certain survivors. Like normally people just run around and don't do anything, but sometimes there is survivor that knows exactly where all traps are.
    Not sure if it's cheat or smth.

I also run whispers, so no one around. Especially strange when it's place where you don't have LoS and it's random trap =\

• White_Owl
    White_Owl Member Posts: 3,786
    edited September 2018

@Sarief said:

@White_Owl said:

You don't get disarm prompt when you run and you don't see it in high grass. If it was one trap, I'd agree they were following me, but all of them in different trials seems strange. Also, it happens only with certain survivors. Like normally people just run around and don't do anything, but sometimes there is survivor that knows exactly where all traps are.
    Not sure if it's cheat or smth.

I also run whispers, so no one around. Especially strange when it's place where you don't have LoS and it's random trap =\

Traps are not invisible, even in tall grass. Unless you use the Tar Bottle addon they are quite easy to spot. Maybe those survivors were just experienced or they were using Small Game

• Zavri
    Zavri Member Posts: 261

you can see traps and also the spots you place them are typically super obvious ( pallets, windows, pallet loops, the corner of a loop, etc )

• Giche
    Giche Member Posts: 753
    edited September 2018

I personally only place them in "cluster" of grass and ferns/bushs.

Grass only is not enough, something you can't really see in the killer 1st person pov.

It may look well hidden by your killer's point of view but as survivor you will immediatly notice them from afar.

Edit: Gonna had to this that as a Trapper player, you basically HAVE to play in low resolution, because there are way less grass and blurry effect : If it's well hidden in low resolution, it will be nearly invisible in high res' .

But not the opposite.

• Sarief
    edited September 2018
    I played both sides, I know for a fact that with tall grass you can't see traps. You can with middle to even low, but high grass but. 

Survivor that tsees every trap is very strange, so I was wondering if that was possible.

No small game, obviously

Edit: why the ######### does the forum change words I write :(
  • Cass
    Cass Member Posts: 47

Even with small game when in chase you run eventually into traps. It has a 10 sec cooldown and it works in a cone. 36 meters In an 45 degree angle is a lot of ground.

• Sarief

@Cass said:
    Even with small game when in chase you run eventually into traps. It has a 10 sec cooldown and it works in a cone. 36 meters In an 45 degree angle is a lot of ground.

It's 12 meters though.

And like I said, those omniknowing survivors did not have small game in their kit.

• Dabrownman1812
    Dabrownman1812 Member Posts: 1,857
    Sarief said:

@Cass said:

It's 12 meters though.

And like I said, those omniknowing survivors did not have small game in their kit.

Maybe you put it in predictable spots, some trappers put traps in predictable spots. 
  • Cass
    Cass Member Posts: 47

@Sarief said:

@Cass said:

It's 12 meters though.

yes youre right sorry. Premonition is 36 meters. I mixed that up.

• Sarief

@Dabrownman1812 said:
    Sarief said:

@Cass said:

It's 12 meters though.

Maybe you put it in predictable spots, some trappers put traps in predictable spots. 

I'd like to think that. It's just too convenient that one survivor can bypass and find every single trap in highgrass/behind window/behind downed pallet in random area.
    On the other hand, in the same team (not SWF) you have survivor that steps in 4 different traps. and 2 times into the same one (total 5) while you chase that single omniscient survivor who does not dodge long grass or pallet, as long as it's not Trapped.

Like I said, it's just too convenient that some survivors knows exactly where each trap is.

well, you could of course play with me in KYF and see how predictable my traps are (some of them are, but they're deadly anyway).

• Sarief

@Jack11803 said:
    PLOT TWIST! Original Poster is actually the Claudette, and trying to use you guys to learn how to see through grass!

I main Kate though

• Jack11803
    Jack11803 Member Posts: 3,930
    edited September 2018

@Sarief said:

@Jack11803 said:
    PLOT TWIST! Original Poster is actually the Claudette, and trying to use you guys to learn how to see through grass!

I main Kate though

That’s what a Claudette main trying to see through traps would say!

• Sarief

@Jack11803 said:

@Sarief said:

@Jack11803 said:

I main Kate though

That’s what a Claudette main trying to see through traps would say!

I'm pretty sure that's not true, but I'll trust you on that :D

And I still don't know how they do it, since they definitely should not see traps

• MegaWaffle
    MegaWaffle Member Posts: 4,172

1: Could have seen you place it.
    2: Could have seen it as they are not very hard to see.
    3: Could have been in a obvious/popular spot meaning they simply took caution and guessed right.
    4: Could have seen it before getting chased and knew where it was.
    5: SWF could have told them were it was.
    6: Could have gotten lucky.

If you vs a Trapper most experienced survivors will avoid pallets that haven't been "pre-checked" and will take wider loops around object to avoid popular trap spots.

• Sarief

@MegaWaffle said:
    3: Could have been in a obvious/popular spot meaning they simply took caution and guessed right.

If you vs a Trapper most experienced survivors will avoid pallets that haven't been "pre-checked" and will take wider loops around object to avoid popular trap spots.

I know all this. But they weren't SWF: one of them always got caught. The other two were potato and also got lured.
    only this p3claudette run around traps. Actually, she run around bush that had trap and only that bush. Or didn't go for a pallet with trap on other side (in bush) once she was nearing it. And with no small game it's just odd.
    more odd that it's happening in different games around specific survivor.

• MegaWaffle
    MegaWaffle Member Posts: 4,172

@Sarief said:

@MegaWaffle said:

I know all this. But they weren't SWF: one of them always got caught. The other two were potato and also got lured.
    only this p3claudette run around traps. Actually, she run around bush that had trap and only that bush. Or didn't go for a pallet with trap on other side (in bush) once she was nearing it. And with no small game it's just odd.
    more odd that it's happening in different games around specific survivor.

Experience or any number of the things I mentioned above.
    I have been around since day 1 release of DBD and it is incredibly rare I fall for a Trapper trap. Experience keeps you from running into popular spots and your eyes sharpen to notice even the smallest hint of traps. Hell there are times I've seen something yellowish-orange on the ground and instinctively ran past it even thought it turned out to simply be floor clutter, its instinctive.

The point is you will notice this a ton with higher experienced survivors as Trapper traps are not nearly as undetectable as Hag traps. And even with Hag traps you will see experienced survivors almost "magically" know where they are likely to be. You cannot determine a survivors experience by rank alone as rank reset and a absence of playing can cause you to de-pip to a lower rank.

• Masochistic_Killer
    Masochistic_Killer Member Posts: 413

Just watched something very similar happen on temple map. As Hag watched a Feng Min avoid literally every trap in their path the entire match. None of them were out in the open. No tracking perks at all.

• Mister_xD
    Mister_xD Member Posts: 7,669

no, but there are multiple survivor abilities that help them track traps down.

some examples:

1) watching you place them (happens more often that you'd think)

2) Small Game

3) Maps (with the ability to track the killers belongings)

4) not running through tall grass and stopping every few steps to check for the option to disarm a trap. especially around loops and gens survivors love to check for traps when its a trapper.

there are more, but thats all i can come up with from the top of my head right now.