Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Toxic Survivor Counters

I played a game the other day against a survivor that refused to do any of their objectives.

They just stood a safe distance from me t-bagging constantly. I couldn’t catch them because if I moved towards them they sprinted straight to the strong loops, which they knew how to loop.

This is all they did all game, starting from the first minute. The game got pretty frustrating, does anyone have any counters for this?

Comments

• Kaiju
    Kaiju Member Posts: 530

Just ignore him? That's one less survivor doing gens, at that point is a 3v1.

• MrGrizzly
    MrGrizzly Member Posts: 143

Though you should NEVER rely on this, use bloodlust III to catch up to them, eventually the window will block and the pallets will be broken. I just recommend to learn how to chase if you're not that good at it yet. 2nd step is optional but facecamp them to death, usually those teams unlock your 5th perk: atruism, they'll try and save them, seeing that they don't do any gens so don't worry about that I'd say. Just profit of their stupid actions and work it into your favor.

A more normal approach is to just search for a 2nd survivor and leave the hooked guy but that's up to you, I prefer the 2nd one sometimes :). What's the point of winning a game if I don't get to mess with my opponents that mess with me?

• Slashstreetboy
    Slashstreetboy Member Posts: 1,811

You need to get better at chases. That´s legit the only thing you can do other than ignoring them and instead going for their team.

Also, there are certain maps where the tile design and density is so much in the Survivors favor (which this kind of player is very well aware of) that getting a hit with an M1 Killer is impossible until all the pallets in this section of the map have been broken, and even then it will take a long time, given the Survivor is at least mediocre (e.g: Cowshed, Thompson House). It´s no coincidence that the lowest of the low use farm offerings with Object frequently.

• meatisadelicacy
    meatisadelicacy Member Posts: 1,920

Imagine complaining that your opponent isn't doing anything to win the game.

As long as killers keep being tilted by teabagging and making posts like this, survivors are going to keep doing it.

• CheyeneKL
    CheyeneKL Member Posts: 723

Don't chase them, you'll eventually catch them lacking at some point... or you'll never get them at all (unless they're the last survivor without all gens finished and you closed hatch... EGC will take care of them for you then)

Sometimes a survivor is a lot more skilled than the killer and you will NOT be able to outsmart them in a chase. These survivors are NOT worth your time chasing unless you catch them in a really bad spot.

Focus on chasing and hooking the weaker members of the team instead of going after the "god looper". You don't have to chase them because there are 3 other teammates to go after who are more than likely less skilled and less willing to be chased. The guy you're talking about WANTS to be chased because he is strong at looping and can waste your time.

When my boyfriend and I play with our friends, he has that role. He is very good at looping and mentally outplaying the killer. I am an ok looper and the two other friends we play with are boosted red ranks who rarely have long chases because they still don't fully understand looping. They're not even that hard to find, but killers tunnel vision my boyfriend because he makes them mad. He is hard to catch and they don't like that. We would escape many fewer games than we do if they ignored him and instead focused on finding the weaker players.

• WretchedElk
    WretchedElk Member Posts: 311

Thanks, everyone. That’s decent advise.

The ones that want to be chased are too good to be caught, so ignore them and go after the other survivors.

I’ll try that next time.