Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

I’m really sick and tired of Survivor culture.

TheClownIsKing
TheClownIsKing Member Posts: 6,278
edited January 2021 in General Discussions

If the killer has clearly given up and is waiting by a gate switch, PLEASE JUST HURRY UP AND FINISH REPAIRS AS FAST AS POSSIBLE, AND GET THE HELL OUT!!!

You’ve won ok!!

You don’t get to complain about how “boring” it is if the killer does this if you’ve shown complete disregard for how frustrating each and every chase you have made for the killer, or “boring” the match is for the killer.

If it’s that “boring” to you, then all the more reason to just hurry up and get out so EVERYONE can get into a fresh game sooner. One that is hopefully less “boring” to you trolls!

Stop trying to force the killer into being your point farming play toy, whilst still being complete #########.

Stop trying to see if you can mentally break another player by all your vault slamming, locker spamming, and holding that player hostage in a game that YOU can end by just doing your objective and getting the hell out.

Stop trying to force a DC just because the killer is done with with being your play toy.

I’m tired of this trolling culture across so many survivors. If you’ve won, you’ve won. Stop prolonging the torture and purposefully stopping another player from getting into a new game.

Comments

• rats00
    rats00 Member Posts: 194

This is why I light my bong when I get stuck in pointless games. You got a bunch of people t bagging a husk while the mind is on his couch getting toasted and playing ######### on my phone.

• Ghoste
    Ghoste Member Posts: 2,135
    edited January 2021

Deleted

• VexTheHex
    VexTheHex Member Posts: 1,009

Meh, if you played normal till they got the gens done it would of been a easy out cause you could of opened the gate. If you keep acting like you are trying to stop the gens, they'll do them. I had a GF the other day give up at the start cause it was Rotten Fields. I befriended him for a bit. Then he marked/downed me and used me to team wipe. It's not just one side that can spit in your face.

• noctis129
    noctis129 Member Posts: 967

The role of the killer is to entertain the survivors but make it look real.

They got to have a feeling that they pwned the killer and escaped.

As I said before, killers are the victims. It just doesn't seem like it cuz they are "killers".

• VexTheHex
    edited January 2021

Nah, some of the killers on here have major victim complexes. That's the only victim aspect that is true.

• Pepsidot
    Pepsidot Member Posts: 1,662

? You went AFK half way through the match and want to tell the rest of the players how to play the game?

Sounds like the survivors WERE playing the game, but playing well enough in chases to be not caught by you... which you describe as "frustrating". Ok, it might be frustrating... but judging from your post they were simply playing well in chases since you didn't mention them tbagging or the like. So you are the one that is in the wrong here, not them.

Of course they'll be bored if you decide to not play the game and AFK.

• thrawn3054
    thrawn3054 Member Posts: 5,897

Both sides are full of #########. Nothing you can do about it other than not let it bother you. If you're done with the game face a corner and go grab something to eat/drink. Grab a bathroom run. Toxic little shits are as bothersome as you let them be.

• Freddy96
    Freddy96 Member Posts: 767

Cant blame you but cant blame them.

Going afk is just boring. You admitted your loss, at that point just keep chasing them so they'll be forced to genrush or getting too cocky and messing up.

A killer going afk because he's having a bad game is no different from a survivor suiciding on 1st hook.

At this point make sure that perks like noed, bw, adrenaline etc wont activate but make opening gates from the killer possible at any point of the game.

• TheClownIsKing

I don’t WANT to have my time wasted!!!

I WANT to get into a fresh match!!!

Taking a crap, or making sandwich doesn’t fulfill my want to just have it over with and find a fresh match.

• VexTheHex
  • TheClownIsKing

I get where you’re coming from, and appreciate it.

I just want to enjoy the game I’m supposed to like. I’m tired of trolls.

• thrawn3054
    thrawn3054 Member Posts: 5,897

And going on a tirade about it will not change anything. If you just needed to vent I get that. If you expect an actual solution then you're out of luck. There are too many ######### on both sides for that. The only thing you can do is adjust your expectations to reality. I can guarantee you'll live longer if you don't stress yourself over video games.

• TheClownIsKing

Except the survivors aren’t disadvantaged in this scenario.

The killer is acknowledging they’ve won, and is handing them the remainder of the match.

Instead survivors suddenly decide they’re no longer interested in winning, they want to be trolls.

• TheClownIsKing

It’s not hypocritical at all. It’s clear they’re going to win. There’s no point me continuing.

So just win and get out. Don’t troll. Don’t delay repairs. Don’t wait at the gates. Get out, and get into a more “fun” game.

• noctis129
    noctis129 Member Posts: 967

Idk about all that. But I do want to point out that survivors are really toxic. So toxic that survivors are not trying to avoid killers, but they avoid other survivors by turning off communication.

95% of hate messages I receive is from survivors and not from killers.

• Jarol
    Jarol Member Posts: 1,985

You cannot change the attitude of that player, if he behaves like a ######### at the end of the game through the chat, he behaves as #########, in total the only satisfactory thing about all this, is the experience in how advanced you have been dealing with with toxicos, rushers, campers, etc. at the end of the day if you are a fairly experienced killer, you know how to cheat well, you will leave a survivor in complete humiliation, in total the survivors are dumber than the killer.

• Withered8
    Withered8 Member Posts: 1,241
    edited January 2021

A) Happens just as much with killers bleeding people out and slugging/camping at 5gens etc so its not a survivor culture problem, its a problem with the playerbase in general

B) Sometimes killers will fake giving up and open the doors with NOED & Bloodwarden, so if i can help it i'd rather not go out the gate where the killer is at.

• Yehzue
    Yehzue Member Posts: 60

dude survivors “point farming” is them trying to not depip cause you got butt hurt over someone being better than you. it’s not toxic it’s getting points so the game you waited for 10 minutes to get into isn’t pointless.

• redsopine00
    redsopine00 Member Posts: 905

I once had a game like that and then they tried to waste my time trolling and 3 died because one had a brain and realised I was gonna kill them end game so they left just before I triggered warden.

(I got all of them death hook status)

• Rydog
    Rydog Member Posts: 3,275

"Survivor culture."

Wat

• shyguyy
    shyguyy Member Posts: 298

Honestly all your posts make me think you just need to practice and get better as killer. Quitting games mid-match isn't going to make you get any better. Posting on the forums isn't going to make you get any better. There is in game things you can do to fix situations like this: leave or kill them.

• ChurchofPig
    ChurchofPig Member Posts: 2,763

Playing on console I literally cut the tv volume then do my own thing until the survivors get bored and do objectives. Sometimes I even turn off the tv so I don't have to watch. If they want to waste time trying to get someone who's basically left the room to be a play toy for them then they can, but that's on them cuz I'm not watching/paying attention.

• TurtleSushiTV
    TurtleSushiTV Member Posts: 156
    edited January 2021

it is annoying, but it is what it is man. More than free to vent your frustrations but as you know this behavior will continue.

When it happens just do something productive

• Sonzaishinai
    Sonzaishinai Member Posts: 7,976

Killers should just be able to open the gates at any time of the match. That would stop these things from happening.

In the meantime not much else to do then leave and keep yourself occupied untill they get bored

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 5,229
    edited January 2021

I just had a group like that again my dude I can totally relate. I lost a match and was aware of it; I had a chance however to camp and tunnel someone easily; I mean I downed them and then just let them pick them back up even they were so far away I could have just stayed on them and waited out any DS or w/e they would have died or someone would have- I chose not to do any of that.

My reward as my lowest tier range killer with brown addons and non meta perks? On literally the largest map in the game as basically an M1 killer?

T-bagged at the gate by all four, harrassed in post game chat, sent an invite to a group on steam telling me to kill myself. 10/10 community.

T-bag and wait till I am about to swing, then leave, make me do it to all four of them to get them out. If I don't do that then I have to sit there and watch them t-bag until the EGC is just about over.

• CashelP14
    CashelP14 Member Posts: 5,564

Ino trolls can be annoying but your just asking for more trolls to troll you here.

Yesterday I had 5 solo q games. If I created a post for every single game because of frustrations it would just fill the forums with more discussions than it needs.

My examples:

• If a trapper has reopening traps you should rush gens while I'm getting chased. NOT CONSTANTLY CAMP AND DISARM THE SAME TRAPS!
    • If you complete a gen and someone is on the hook you should PROBABLY GO AND GET THE SAVE! Or Why do killers camp when there's still 4 GENS LEFT!
    • Why do swf teams just try to troll the killer but go down in 10 SECONDS IN EACH CHASE!
    • How does Freddy with Tinkerer grab you off a gen when your asleep?! YOU CAN STILL HEAR HIS LULLABY!
    • If your facing a Demogorgan you don't need to cleanse EVERY SINGLE PORTAL! Especially when your gen is regressing with RUIN!!

All 5 games were extremely frustrating for me since each game just made me go "this is why people play swf". It's literally like I was getting punished by the game for actually playing solo lol

• Yamaoka
    Yamaoka Member Posts: 4,321

What killer did you play when you gave up? Just curious.

• TheClownIsKing

Against my better judgement, The Twins.

I was 3k 4k’ing again the moment I switched back to Doc n Clown. I just have to accept that for any killer that has a power that travels in a straight line, they’re just not for me.

• Yamaoka
    Yamaoka Member Posts: 4,321

All projectile type of killers are kind of inconsistent on a controller I guess.

I was hoping that new gen consoles would make projectile killers more reliable due to the high fps and no more stutters etc

• TicTac
    TicTac Member Posts: 2,406

I think you shouldnt give up. You have clearly experience with killer and i understand a new killer giving up when he gets 360 and cant even hit the survivors. Or when you know they can reach the exit gates and leave. But you could just continue playing.

I think you go into the match with wrong expectations. When i try nurse it can happen that i got one hit at 1 gen. But i do not stop playing. I may not able to kill all 4 survivors anymore, but i can still play the game. Giving up midmatch is annoying for survivors. When they were toxic, they deserve it i guess.

But for me a killer going afk is the same like a survivor suiciding. The game is over. And with long matchmaking times it can be frustrating. My goal is to have fun, not to escape.

• Bwsted
    Bwsted Member Posts: 3,452

But that is simply not true. The game is over when the game is over. It's like survivors complaining because they finish the gens and then they get 4k'd. Or that survivors that wants to quit and runs at me and I ignore them for the rest of the trial. The game finishes when the objective is attained, either escaping or killing. There's no "it's clear they're/I'm going to win, so please bow to my will and play the way I want you to".

Your concede option is to open the gates once they're powered. Before that point, if you go afk you forfeit your expectations. Beggars can't be choosers.

• Selliato
    Selliato Member Posts: 27

Sorry but clearly the only toxic person here is you.

You want to concede the game and be done with it ? DC and deal with the penality.

And if losing in a game it's for you wasting time maybe you should do something else.

• maderr
    maderr Member Posts: 251

echap -> leave the game

If you do this once in a while, your ban will be around 4 minutes.

• TheClownIsKing

Exactly.

Duh.

If i’m anything but the survivors play toy, it’s toxic.