If you were affected by the Grade Reset Bloodpoints not being awarded properly, you will receive any missing Bloodpoints shortly. You may need to restart your game for the rewards to appear. Thank you for your patience!

Chase recognition

Options
Master
Master Member Posts: 10,200

I am chasing a survivor literally 10 meter away from me, running in circles as usual.
Why is this not considered a chase? It really hurts the killer emblems....

Comments

• Runiver
    Runiver Member Posts: 2,095
    edited June 2018
    Options

It actually doesn't at all.
    Short chases are WAY more rewarded than long chases. So if you initiate a chase again and hit/down, you get a LOT of extra emblem points, while an extended chase wouldn't have given much.

The goal of this Emblem is to receive as many points as possible:

Points received for hitting a Survivor: 55 Points
    Points received for finding a Survivor: 5 Points
    Survivor Lost timer duration: 5 seconds
        Additional points are gained depending on how long the Chase lasted:
            less than 15 seconds: 90 Points
            less than 30 seconds: 60 Points
            less than 45 seconds: 50 Points
            less than 60 seconds: 40 Points
            more than 60 seconds: 30 Points

Source : https://deadbydaylight.gamepedia.com/Emblems#Chaser

So the poor chase recognition is actually really good for the emblems. Tho it's pretty bad for Bloodlust.

• weirdkid5
    weirdkid5 Member Posts: 2,144
    Options

@Runiver it's also the cause of true infinites still existing in certain areas.

• DarXide
    DarXide Member Posts: 81
    Options

I remember the Devs saying that stuff like this is caused by the way the geometry on some objects are that cause the Killer to accidently break LoS which isn't intended.

• KroolTheField
    KroolTheField Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 47
    Options

The ability to start a chase should definetly be tremendously changed. I once had a hacker I couldn't bloodlust because he kept breaking my LOS and therefore it ended the chase each time before I could do anything