What killer makes you roll your eyes and say "this will be a torture..." when you enter a match ?

For me personally it's spirit. The constant 50/50 guessing is neither interactive nor fun. Before a swarm of #MLG SWFs rush in I would like to mention I do not pick iron will because I use other perks for my original and fun builds to spice things up each game. I won't pick a specific perk so there's a chance to counter spirit in the upcoming matches.

What about you guys and gals?

Comments

• Asssblasster625
    Asssblasster625 Member Posts: 629

Demo. I’m really bad at not getting hit with the shred.

• GoodBoyKaru
    GoodBoyKaru Member Posts: 22,763

As survivor: Seeing a Meg or Claudette with Urban Evasion. Torture is an understatement when vs Spirit or Slinger, and Ghostface I physically can't play against for the sake of my mental health.

As killer: Blendettes, keys, or having 3 gens pop within 90 seconds.

• Retromind
    Retromind Member Posts: 156

I feel you. Sometimes they hit me when I'm already around the corner, it's really rage inducing...

• chargernick85
    chargernick85 Member Posts: 3,171

Sorry off topic just wanted to throw it in there. lol

Mine is Trapper I never see the traps.

• LapisInfernalis
    LapisInfernalis Member Posts: 4,179

If I see a Mori and a Bubba.

Or Spirit with Stridor. I just hate that you have really little chance to do well against her even with Iron Will if she uses Stridor once you are hit. She can hear you everytime and everywhere.

A Myers who sees me for the 1st time with 99ed EWIII after 1min and no gens are done. Thanks team.

• supersonic853
    supersonic853 Member Posts: 5,502

Seeing that bubba man with the chainsaw since i know when im downed im dead.

• PureHostility
    PureHostility Member Posts: 708
    edited January 2021

You should probably just add "What else besides spirit (...)." to the OP.

I don't know ANYONE who has any fun against spirit thwt is not paid actor or plays against an afk/bot killer.

Other than that, the generic iri head huntress, basic female dog builds on Freddy or me being the only solo survivor in a game with some 3 man swf...

• WishIcouldmain
    WishIcouldmain Member Posts: 4,082

Myers I'll take a Freddy or Spirit but I just can't beat Mikey's.

• Lyfe
    Lyfe Member Posts: 197

Spirit is like every encounter you flip a coin, and then you either get hit or you don't. Or if the Spirit can do things other than hear well, there's nothing you can do. "Just don't make noise, don't make the grass move".

Twins, they're not good, just extremely annoying. First off, you get no evader points from the little Gremlin, which sucks because 99% of the time you're being chased by the gremlin. Also, whenever you actually outplay the Gremlin, he'll be back in like 6 seconds so yeah.

If it were a Spirit or Twins, I'd rather take the Spirit honestly.

• brubli
    brubli Member Posts: 214

A tie between Freddy and GhostFace. With Freddy I'll be in a 20 minute game no matter who wins and the majority of Ghostfaces I fight are just the worst kind of players

• Retromind
    Retromind Member Posts: 156

Some of my friends like to go against her just because of the guessing factor also they say she is the real challenge and a test of skill. I personally don't find any fun in guessing so...

• malloymk
    malloymk Member Posts: 1,553

Pyramid Head. Maybe not the strongest, but strong enough and I just don't enjoy playing against him.

Honorable mention: Stridit, Oni, amd Hag.

• Mew
    Mew Member Posts: 1,832

its a tie between spirit and slinger

• Kaiju
    Kaiju Member Posts: 530

Deathslinger since who doesn't love guessing games?

• DoritoHead
    DoritoHead Member Posts: 3,546

Billy, because EVERY Billy player I have ever encountered hits me on hook and camps.

• Dwight_Fairfield
    Dwight_Fairfield Member Posts: 6,900

Freddy

Deathslinger

Spirit

• Marigoria
    Marigoria Member Posts: 6,090

Pyramid Head and Huntress.

Players who play them usually love to camp and tunnel + huntress has really questionable hatchet hits.

• GannTM
    GannTM Member Posts: 10,866

It's a tie between Hag and Twins

• MissKitty95
    MissKitty95 Member Posts: 786

Huntress or Freddy , I prepare for the incoming hitboxes torture for the next 15 mins XD

• GannTM
    GannTM Member Posts: 10,866

There's people that do have fun against Spirit, myself included.

• Trashmaster
    Trashmaster Member Posts: 357

Definitely the hag, twins is close but not actually a very powerful killer compared to the swamp woman

• LeleLP
    LeleLP Member Posts: 153

Desthslinger, doctor, Legion and Freddy.

• xenotimebong
    xenotimebong Member Posts: 2,803

Deathslinger. It’s always going to be a short match with no chases and fast gens, and then they try to slug everyone or camp at the end. Not blaming the players, his design just lends itself to the most unfun matches in existence.

• Yords
    Yords Member Posts: 5,781

Deathslinger

• CLB198
    CLB198 Member Posts: 315

nurse when i just want to do her daily

• Zayn
    Zayn Member Posts: 365

Slinger, Spirit, Hag and Freddy if he stacks slowdowns.

• Entity_Lich94
    Entity_Lich94 Member Posts: 320

For me, ghost face. Almost every one i go against is insanely toxic and just cannot stand how inconsistent his shroud reveal is. Pretty much every match he'll get his instant down on me even when I've stared right at him

• KingFrost
    KingFrost Member Posts: 3,014

Plague.

My teammates will cleanse. Doesn't matter if I'm in SWF or Solo. My teammates will cleanse. I will tell them "Maybe don't cleanse?" when it's my SWF friends, and they'll be like "Yeah, maybe that's a good idea.' Then the very next time we face a plague, you'll hear the cleansing noise.

• Chchchcheryl
    Chchchcheryl Member Posts: 1,531

Spirit and Bubba

It just becomes unfun, especially when you cant coordinate with your team so your sat there hoping the spirit messes up her "mindgame" or running whilst bubba annihlates the pallet you just dropped

And they are all just watching

Like, these killers specifically I find really hard to run for a while, so others watching instead of doing gens are just a nightmare

Imo killers are made unfun by bad teammates

• Pig_Is_Pog
    Pig_Is_Pog Member Posts: 222

deathslinger

• EvanSnowWolf
    EvanSnowWolf Member Posts: 1,583

The Pig.

She just creates so much chaos that she throws my team into a blind panic where nothing gets done. Last night I did three and a half generators by myself, but what good is that if everyone is worried about their hats and I can't finish the last gen until I take care of mine? Couple that with teammates that cannot handle a stealth killer and its a recipe for disaster.

The only reason I escaped was because she carried me to the hatch.

• edgarpoop
    edgarpoop Member Posts: 8,241

When I load in and see Swing Chains/Dying Light, touch a gen and see Ruin, and see Thanat pop up on the first hit. I know I'm about to play against a killer who is in all likelihood awful but will still 4k with ease.

• darktrix
    darktrix Member Posts: 1,790

Freddy - there's usually high amounts of DC and/or suicides on first hook. Pretty much just expect that killer to win now.

• Grandpa_Crack_Pipe
    Grandpa_Crack_Pipe Member Posts: 3,306

Spirit.

• VLight
    VLight Member Posts: 126

Deathslinger, Trapper, Hag, and Spirit,

• AetherBytes
    AetherBytes Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 3,028

Deathslinger. I literally find legion more fun because you can actually play around with his frenzy and mend and repair a gen quickly.

Deathslinger just gets free hits because i need to transition tiles. I always laughed when i read the whole thing about survivors targetting deathslinger for nerfs, now i get why.

• Rydog
    Rydog Member Posts: 3,275
    edited January 2021

My perspective on the killers that I find abnormally frustrating from the survivor POV:

• Deathslinger: Everything that people say about Spirit, 50/50 guessing, the lack of being able to mindgame the killer, etc. all applies here, SO much more heavily in my mind. You cannot dodge his gun, you can just simply guess and keep your fingers crossed. And, he can spear you outside of his terror radius, which seems more than a little ridiculous to me. I hate playing against this killer.
    • Cannibal: His kit is built for camping, and you cannot get away from him in a chase. Even if you have an exhaustion perk, you're going down if he starts that chainsaw sweep. It lasts about twice as long as it ought too, and he gains too much of a speed boost to give anyone any hope. His rework doubled down on everything people despise about him, instead of actually fixing anything. He needs a Nightmare-scope remake.
    • Twins: Again, built for camping. The entire structure of the Victor mechanic incentivizes proxy camping and slug-camping, and I cannot understand how this killer made it out of the design phase without anyone internally realizing how this power would be used.
    • Executioner: Sort of a similar situation to Deathslinger, where the ranged attack is way too hard to read and dodge, plus he moves super-fast. He's not nearly as bad, but bad enough that I dread facing him as I usually find it impossible to have competitive chases.
    • Hag: She's built to proxy camp, her traps are impossible to see, and her power naturally punishes impatience. You cannot win a chase against her because you can't see or deal with her traps, and they trigger from a mile away. You can't get safe unhooks because you have to take forever crouching toward them, and 90% of the time your dumb teammate will just trigger the traps anyway -- and that's if she doesn't circle back around before you get to the hook.

You'll note that none of these are the Spirit/Nurse/Nightmare/Oni power foursome. I think all of those are difficult to go against in the hands of a good player, but they don't have these same nigh-uncounterable oppressive qualities to them. I know people will argue this point about Spirit, and Nightmare certainly needs a nerf to his infinite toolbox of everything, but I would rather face any of these guys than the ones I have listed.

• YOURFRIEND
    YOURFRIEND Member Posts: 3,389

Freddy's the only killer I really dislike. He just does everything, and having to run across the map every thirty seconds is not fun.

• JinSime
    JinSime Member Posts: 405
    edited January 2021

I hate Freddy and Spirit. They can do so much even if the player doesn't understand the game well.

If I could, I'd skip every single match with them. But, I have to say I had a super fun match with a Freddy once and he even brought a mori in that occasion. He just didn't use it on me and we were both making so many mistakes that it was fun, even though I died. But it's not likely to repeat itself so soon.

OH, RIGHT NOW I HATE THE TWINS... How could I forget? Don't see them often, but I'm done with the slugfest and over forgiving hitboxes Victor has. Besides the kicking sometimes doesn't evenwork and you get downed because it bugged somehow (I guess if I could kick him as I am supposed to I would be less mad). For me, as of now it's a run for the lockers if you're injured and pray that your teammates know how counter his slug by keeping Charlotte away, what usually does not happen. So I had my share of it already.

Post edited by JinSime on
  • JoByDaylight
    JoByDaylight Member Posts: 707

Freddy makes me want to cry sometimes.

or... Black Ward offering, then spawn and hear the Huntresses lullaby.