If you were affected by the Grade Reset Bloodpoints not being awarded properly, you will receive any missing Bloodpoints shortly. You may need to restart your game for the rewards to appear. Thank you for your patience!

Anyone playing with Insidious in an offensive (mindgame) way?

Options
Soren
Soren Member Posts: 369

I'm looking to improve my mindgames in jungle gyms, and I remember Queen talked about a Trapper who used Insidious in jungle gyms to mindgame.

Now, the perk changed with the new fade-in / fade-out terror radius feature (not sure if it is for the best or not), but still - does anyone here use Insidious in this way, and if so, do you have records of your plays or some advices to give me? :3

Comments

• Jack11803
    Jack11803 Member Posts: 3,930
    Options

No, because I’m back-street trash.

• Runiver
    Runiver Member Posts: 2,095
    Options

Same thing than the shack, you need to know where the survivor is actually losing vision and has to make guesses.

It most likely happens everytime the survivor turn at a pretty big wall without pallets around, so he has to make a choice either to continue or to go back. The first thing to do is usually to push the survivor away from the vault, since that hole just allows him to get an advantage and to keep the vision on you. As you push the survivor away from it, then he has to make guesses unless he can see you through the walls with cracks or in coldwind.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=crgMmyoDzNQ
    Describes a few of them.

Never actually tried with Indisious tho, but it could oftenly prove to be a waste of time since people will either run at the pallet if it's still there, or run away from the gym.

• HIPSTERLION
    HIPSTERLION Member Posts: 323
    Options
    Soren said:

I'm looking to improve my mindgames in jungle gyms, and I remember Queen talked about a Trapper who used Insidious in jungle gyms to mindgame.

Now, the perk changed with the new fade-in / fade-out terror radius feature (not sure if it is for the best or not), but still - does anyone here use Insidious in this way, and if so, do you have records of your plays or some advices to give me? :3

If you want advise from a rank 1 killer don't use it . it's not worth the use with so many great perks out there . and if you badly wanna disable big loops like jungle gyms just wait till new killer comes out and pick bamboozle .
  • Soren
    Soren Member Posts: 369
    edited June 2018
    Options

@HIPSTERLION said:
    If you want advise from a rank 1 killer don't use it . it's not worth the use with so many great perks out there . and if you badly wanna disable big loops like jungle gyms just wait till new killer comes out and pick bamboozle .

I'm a red rank killer ^^ I have no issue with looping, it was more to use it as a fun alternative way for mindgames! I hate the meta, these are the most unfun perks to play IMO and now I try to achieve new playstyles and strategies that I can enjoy. I just wanted to know if the new fade-out Insidious can actually be decent enough to have a use during chases, and how to use it properly ^^

@Runiver said:
    [...]

Thanks again ^.^

• HIPSTERLION
    HIPSTERLION Member Posts: 323
    Options
    Soren said:

@HIPSTERLION said:

I'm a red rank killer ^^ I have no issue with looping, it was more to use it as a fun alternative way for mindgames! I hate the meta, these are the most unfun perks to play IMO and now I try to achieve new playstyles and strategies that I can enjoy. I just wanted to know if the new fade-out Insidious can actually be decent enough to have a use during chases, and how to use it properly ^^

@Runiver said:
    [...]

Thanks again ^.^

Then don't pick none of them . if you want to go in a true mind game and win even insidious counts as a cheat . but the point is since survivors are gonna use all those meta perks you don't stand a chance if you don't pick these kind of perks . however again I say picking insidious for pallet loops isn't a clever thing to do . queen said it's use on pallet loops to mention the ways you can use it . the same thing goes for a perk like knock out , you can use it for slug or you can simply use it to make the survivors with flashlight don't see where the downed survivor is , but the best way to use it is for slug . the point behind insidious at first place is camping , you can use it on pallet loop but that's not the pro way of doing it and I'm sure you see my point after playing with it for a while . hope this was helpful !!!
  • SovererignKing
    SovererignKing Member Posts: 1,273
    Options
    I use it at Gens as Myers. Insidious behind a tree and wait for them to go to repair. Pick a Gen that is at least 50% complete. Easy stalking. Works wondering if you are using Fragrant Tuft of Hair and/or Tombstone(piece). 
  • weirdkid5
    weirdkid5 Member Posts: 2,144
    edited June 2018
    Options

I'll tell you right now this won't work on high rank players because of one reason: ears exist.

Every Killer makes some kind of noise. I will easily hear you if you use Insidious. Unless there is some other noise like a generator or a fire barrel nearby, you're gonna get heard by people that know how to simply pay attention. Not to mention the sudden decrease in TR is quite noticeable with Insidious.

As far as I'm aware they actually want to make the TR fade away like they are walking away for The Pig I think (got that from a friend so dont quote me) they should do the same for Insidious