Who is the guy in the blue shirt in the Saw 1 Room in The Game rework map?

Options
Yarheeguy
Yarheeguy Member Posts: 101

WARNING: this post contain spoilers to the Saw series

yep, I'm going to talk about something so little detail about the Saw 1 room, because I wanted to see a replicated copy of what the room looked like after Saw 2, expecting to see Adam, Zep and Saw 2 guy there as well.

but instead, we got Adam in the right place but not wearing his white shirt and a new body. a guy in a blue shirt that seemed that he recently died.

my question is... who is this guy?

now, the first thing when I saw this (and I guess a lot of others would think the same) is that this guy is Lawrence, the guy who was with Adam. his clothes matches, but there are a couple of problems with this

1: Lawrence survived Saw 1

2: His foot is on the other side and this body still has two feet (I think.)

3: he wasn't chained up near Adam

I have two possibilities on who this body is

Possibility 1: This is Lawrence and the events of Saw 1 has changed.

I would say the timeline has altered and the Entity looked at that timeline's memories to see what happened.

in this timeline, Zep never reached the Saw 1 room in time before his poison took over his body and died. Lawance failed to shoot Adam and crawled all the way to him to comfort him. at that moment, John stood up and revealed who he is, because Lawrence failed to kill Adam and as promise, he would leave him there to rot. he shut the door on both Adam and Lawrence and they both died in the Saw 1 room, huddle together with Lawrence bleeding out and Adam also bleeding out from the gunshot or starve to death.

Possibility 2: This is not Lawrence but someone else.

There is someone named Hoffman who became John's successor after his death, however, just like Amanda, he too used the games to kill people, only giving little chance while having them as cover ups to tie up loose ends. after being found out and killing anyone he want to kill in the Final Chapter, he was suddenly kidnapped and ended up in the Saw 1 room and he was chained up near Adam's body. It was revealed that Lawrence was the one who took him there and left him to die there. the fate of Hoffman was unknown, but more likely died in the Saw 1 room.

the guy in the blue shirt is Hoffman, who starved to death in the Saw 1 Room, based on his legs, he attempted to break himself free by breaking his ankle, he tried to used the saw to cut the chains, but as Adam and Lawrence found out, the saw doesn't work on the chains. he laid down dead next to the already dead and rotting Adam. the only one who knew he was in there was Lawrence and the Entity, who probed Hoffman's memories until his end and manifested him in the Saw 1 room.

What do you guys think? is either of them correct? or do you have a different idea? please let me know.

P.S: it's not Zeb, he died on his back while the body died on its front.

Comments

• Jarol
    Jarol Member Posts: 1,985
    Options

It seems to me that it is an alternative line where Zepp died due to the death of Tapp and as a consequence he was shot causing the entity to kidnap him and take him to his kingdom, because in the original line Zepp lived and was later killed, while that this alternate line is where Zepp died because of Tapp and this with his last strength shoots him. It would make perfect sense for it to be an alternate line or a mind game for Tapp since he was obsessed with Gordon from the beginning as he suspected that Lawrence Gordon was actually Jigsaw, The entity put Gordon in the bathroom for Tapp to see that he was actually It was never Jigsaw and that the real killer was still alive and torturing more people, The reason they put it is so that Tapp loses hope since he could not stop Jigsaw and more people would die.

• Yarheeguy
    Options

A good idea, but there's two problem.

the first is the foot.

If the Entity put Lawrence there, then why did it put his separate foot there too.

The second problem is making Tapp lose hope, because the Entity FEEDS on hope and emotions. meaning that in order too actually taste Tapp, he has to have hope. so having Lawrence there would be a bit of a problem.

but even then, remember that the map are manifested from memories. though it made me think of a third possibility

3: the man in the blue shirt is Hoffman but as Lawrence.

in the Final Chapter when Lawrence left Hoffman to die, maybe he thought that he was leaving the life of Jigsaw behind, so he images Hoffman as himself when he was in the room in the first place. he then left the room and Hoffman to die. the Entity from searching Lawrence memories saw the mix and manifested that image onto the room. which also explains why Zeb and the other guy wasn't there, because he sees him and Adam dead in that room and he focuses on those, which would also explain the foot as well. because he looked at that as well before leaving.

okay, I think 3 is more likely, that the guy in Blue shirt is Hoffman but in the appearance of Lawrence to symbolize the real Lawrence leaving his old self to rot in the place that changed him.

• DoritoHead
    DoritoHead Member Posts: 3,546
    Options

Do you have a picture you can provide?

• Yarheeguy
    Options
  • Jarol
    Jarol Member Posts: 1,985
    Options
  • Yarheeguy
    Options

yeah I think I'll go with number 3,

the evidence is that this body still has his foot while the cut off foot is at the opposite side of the room

• MeltingPenguins
    MeltingPenguins Member Posts: 3,743
    Options

In-universe explanation:

The entity builds the trial fields based on the killers' and survivors' memories, so incorrect details and mix-ups are bound to happen.

You could even argue that this is #3 due to a survivor from a reality in which the movies ARE just that, movies, would have wanted to see this

• Yarheeguy
    Options

you do realise that the Entity doesn't just search the Killers' and Survivors' memories, but also other memories that are connected and involved with the killer. so the Entity would not just look at Amanda's and Tapp's memories, but also John, Jeff, the victims of the Saw games, Adam, Hoffman and Lawrence's memories as well to give a much stronger vision of the meat plant. which explains why most of the references are from Saw 3, the Saw 1 room managed to get there because it holds a strong memory for John, Adam, Lawrence, Hoffman and Amanda.

Evidence would be Silent Hill, where in order for the Entity to know that Pyramid Head exists, he has to look at James' memories since he's the only one who sees him.

• MeltingPenguins
    MeltingPenguins Member Posts: 3,743
    Options

What if, though, the entity just brushes over the memories of the people it doesn't take?

Like when you are out to buy something and you look for something specific and you browse through the respective aisle. you do see the other items and might acknowledge their features, but you quickly go on cause you are looking for something specific.

If that makes sense.

Also, with Silent Hill, here's the questions if the entity doesn't exist on a plane of existence where it can see manifestations like PH.

• Literallyweezing
    Literallyweezing Member Posts: 88
    Options

The entity doesn't understand the world it creates it just bases them off of memories and ideas, not exactly how the places were