The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Are we all just addicated to a game we hate?

2»

Comments

• Bone_Dice
    Bone_Dice Member Posts: 55

uh no, I'm not addicted to video games. And I try to pay attention to my girlfriend as much as I can. I'm just expressing my frustration and joking around

• Zeon_99
    Zeon_99 Member Posts: 463

Yeah I can say I am. I hate that the game still has things it shouldn't have, I hate how devs do the bare minimum, I hate the community, I hate that the "Killer vs Survivor" battle in the forums is literally just American politics, I hate how unbalanced the killers are from each other, and I hate that I haven't uninstalled this game. Its still just too much fun.

• EuphoricBliss35
    EuphoricBliss35 Member Posts: 875

God I hope no one has. The only reason to not have sex is if you’re in a relationship with someone else. (There are others, safety, etc, but you catch my drift I hope)

• EuphoricBliss35
    EuphoricBliss35 Member Posts: 875

Just saying....you replied somewhat defensively to a comment not directed to you specifically. 🤷‍♂️🥴🤡

• DFP
    DFP Member Posts: 156

Yes?

But no.

Also mostly yes.

And kinda no.

• tenoresax
    tenoresax Member Posts: 796

At this rate I'll have more white than black hair by the time I'm 20.

Is it worth it tho? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• BaldursGate2
    BaldursGate2 Member Posts: 994

I think in 1000 hours i broke 2 keyboard and 2 mice.

Last time i was so enraged was playing DotA 2, but i am glad i stopped that 6 years ago.

• Jarol
    Jarol Member Posts: 1,985

Even though I hate this game, it is so addictive, I say it for the simple fact that there are license characters.

• DistortedDream
    DistortedDream Member Posts: 672

Sadly, yes. There's so many frustrating things in this game, but at the same time I can't stop playing it. I've spent way too much time, money, and effort on this game for me to shelve it away.

• DeceptivePastry
    DeceptivePastry Member Posts: 48
    edited January 2021

I generally have a pretty good time in this game, hovering around rank 8-9. I'd rather stay out of red ranks for a while so I often switch to killers I'm not great with to practice. I like giving hatch to people and such too if I saw they went out of their way to help out their team or just played well. Like you don't need 4ks every game to have fun.

The toxic stuff doesn't usually bother me. Someone teabagging constantly, I just laugh and think they're an idiot then move on. The game definitely has some problems. Most of which have to do with the matchmaking. I watched a lot of gameplay before finally buying the game and I know if I had no prior knowledge whatsoever this would be an EXTREMELY hard game to get into as a new player.

There is a lot toxicity in this game but it still doesn't compare to League. Every single game someone had to be awful. Worst community ever.

• Patiencehero
    Patiencehero Member Posts: 54
    edited January 2021

It’s a love/hate thing. The one game where the survivors aren’t gen rushing or bullying and tell me in endgame chat that I actually got jump scares on them is a great experience.

But then I spend 4 more games with SWFs butt dancing on the grave of my newly nerfed perks, just HOPING I can get another game like the first one.

....Which, come to think of it, DOES sound like chasing the dragon. So yeah, addiction is a fair image to evoke.

• Kazim
    Kazim Member Posts: 229
    edited January 2021

Yeah Sometimes when I get too angry I think why I play so much this game haha, I don´t know it disconnects me 100% from the world to immerse myself in the matches