Autodidact Upgrade.. Increase Skill Check Frequency

With the negative skill checks being in play, you start off with slower healing abilities. Ive wanted to get all of my tokens over with quickly because of this but, of course, it seems I do not get nearly enough skill checks in time to make this perk feel like its doing something. Having to do 5 negative skill checks to build tokens and then hoping to get your beneficial skill checks equals quite a bit of healing (usually more than you can accomplish in a match). Opinions?

Comments

• Dabrownman1812
    Dabrownman1812 Member Posts: 1,857
    But then you have easy unlimited instaheals.
  • jacowwow
    jacowwow Member Posts: 51
    it never gets to that point 😂
  • Dabrownman1812
    jacowwow said:
    it never gets to that point 😂
    If you increase frequency it will get to the point due to the increased frequency lol. How much of an increase are you talking about.
  • DeadByFlashlight
    DeadByFlashlight Member Posts: 1,642

@Dabrownman1812 said:

Thats exactly what he wants

• Dabrownman1812

@Dabrownman1812 said:

Thats exactly what he wants

Word, especially in ptb when healing was 80%. Devs trynna slow down heals 80% was too much. 
  • Wolf74
    Wolf74 Member Posts: 2,959

Healing in general is to easy in DBD, boosting healing any further would be broken af.

• Peasant
    Peasant Member Posts: 4,104
    Oh crud. I just realized why we got Autodidact. Didn't the devs mention making all healing take longer in the future? The perk might look bad now, but when heals take longer it will have its day.
  • Dabrownman1812
    Yeh, people forgot that, they won't know till it happens
  • TheLegendDyl4n1
    TheLegendDyl4n1 Member Posts: 1,493

@Dabrownman1812 said:

they nerfed it so its not a insta heal but is faster.

• Dabrownman1812

@Dabrownman1812 said:

they nerfed it so its not a insta heal but is faster.

Yeh, but increasing skill check frequency would be counter productive to decreasing the bonus. 
  • Peasant
    Peasant Member Posts: 4,104

I mean, to be fair when they nerfed Autodidact they increased the first skillcheck penalty which in turn should offer you a few more chances to get the skill checks.

• AStupidMonkeyy
    AStupidMonkeyy Member Posts: 718
    It takes 2 skill checks for a positive out of 5. 2 skillchecks give you a 5% bonus in healing speed already. Last 3 gives 45% for a 50% positive increase.
  • m3dicookie
    m3dicookie Member Posts: 74

we already have a fast heal its called we'll make it 100% and thats not instant so chill down we have a ton of ######### perks that sit there and no one uses them.

• Wolf74

@Peasant said:
    I mean, to be fair when they nerfed Autodidact they increased the first skillcheck penalty which in turn should offer you a few more chances to get the skill checks.

And that way nerf Freddy even more?

• ClogWench
    ClogWench Member Posts: 2,582
    Any increase to skill check frequencies is another nail in poor Sharp Hand Joe's coffin. I agree Autodidact is a weak perk currently but I'm not sure skill check frequency is the route to take
  • jacowwow
    jacowwow Member Posts: 51
    Wolf74 said:

@Peasant said:

theyre talking of reworking him completely already. 
  • No_Mither_No_Problem
    No_Mither_No_Problem Member Posts: 1,476

Just make it so you don't need to get more than 1 token to stop regressing on the skill checks and I'll be fine with it.

• Wolf74

@jacowwow said:
    Wolf74 said:

@Peasant said:

theyre talking of reworking him completely already. 

"Talking"? Yea, but as long as it is not "done", this would be a terrible powerful perk versus Freddy.