Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Question for colour blind players

With the latest response from the Devs on colour blind support being " we will get to it when we get to it", does this make you wanna stop playing the game? I've never had any issues myself but I can't imagine still playing this game I'd I couldn't see scratch marks or auras.

Comments

• I feel it should be a higher priority in all honesty than it is. That's just me though.

I have to use the windows setting for auto locking my M1 when I hold it for half a second so that I can do gens so I don't accidentally let go or stress my hands too much; as it causes complications with my condition. I have something similar set for my scroll wheel which is bound to struggling as well.

I have an alternative, color blind players I don't know if they do....maybe there is some filter or sweetfx reshade thing you can use to help that inverts colors or something perhaps? I am not sure.

• ccactus623
    ccactus623 Member Posts: 214

I know you can have work around a on PC but there are 4 other consoles that don't have any choice.

• Chchchcheryl
    Chchchcheryl Member Posts: 1,531

I have a filter on my pc that helps with scratch marks, but I've accepted I'm only ever able to track blood using the bloodhound perk (or when its highlighted generally) unless im on a map with a very light floor.

But with these new UI changes I don't know what I'm going to do, I'm not gonna stop playing, i know that much, but I will be exponentially worse, not being able to tell the health states of team mates or my exhaustion status is a pretty big ######### problem if you ask me!

With this attitude they are taking they are locking out a large portion of their community with the excuse of it being abused and actually not doing it because it will bring no profit! The only thing that could be abused is blood, and we aren't asking for a free permanent bloodhound, we're asking for it to show up in a different shade/colour (seeing as the people with issues the most are red blind people, like myself). It's not like with that change people will use colourblind settings to abuse it, they wouldn't be able to see it any better, and even if they could, accessibility is more important than a few scumbags abusing the accessibility settings!

• ccactus623

You've stuck with it longer than I would the new UI just seems intentionally bad hopefully they change it,

• Chchchcheryl
    Chchchcheryl Member Posts: 1,531

Literally, it's like they thought "how can we make this as terrible as possible for colour blind people, whilst still displeasing the general community, with our new UI"

• Yeah, that is kinda my point though. PC has maybe one option, but I feel when they can't use anything to really help alleviate the problem then development should put more effort into it.

Especially given we are getting a new UI that no one likes or even asked for- all the time they spent on that, could have added a color blind option. (Though skill checks no longer lagging and being smooth is the one new UI thing I like)

• WretchedElk
    WretchedElk Member Posts: 311

So, does anyone know if the killer’s screen is darker than what the survivors?

With Killer I can’t see blood trails at all. With survivor i can see them, they’re look more black than red, but I can see them.

I know survivor isn’t as colour dependent, but it seems odd that I can see things in one mode of play that I’m struggling to see in another.

• Mooks
    Mooks Member Posts: 14,709

I am all for accessibility options (as long as they are feasible and don’t give unfair advantage to others which then nullify the original intend of bringing those with disability to the same level...). though colorblind options in such a complex game are not as easy to implement (the new UI doesn’t help there...)

(It also requires special QA treatment, which is really time consuming, so expanding the QA team would also be necessary)

• ccactus623

I don't think it's about , can they it's about do they want too. Surely just changing the colour red to another would be it.

• Mooks
    Mooks Member Posts: 14,709

I mean, it will automatically generate way more work than just changing one color. There are different types of color blindness. You gotta implement the settings, test in various environments of it works and if it doesn’t affect ‚normal‘ gameplay. Implementing it for various aura readings, scratchmarks, with thick mist, perks etc. Will the Option be available during a match? Then you gotta watch out for possible bugs while switching. Or make sure it’s only available while in lobby/pre lobby menu.

I think they should do it, and since it is asked for a lot I also think they will eventually, but it’s not just one line of code and things are settled and done.

• ccactus623

Yeah I don't mean to sound like it would take a few seconds but no one was asking for a new UI and a lot were after colour blind settings their priorities seem off that's all