A question about MMR (for the devs if they want to respond)

I was just playing Myers and I was getting destroyed. I could just be bad or it could be because he's not a killer I play often, but since I play a bunch of different killers at my rank and do well, I just got the feeling he's a lot weaker than what I'm used to playing with. While playing I thought "well at least once working MMR is introduced I won't have this problem. I'll have a low MMR as Myers, and a high one as the ones I play as." Then I realized if a killer is weak, doesn't that mean that killer will probably have a low MMR in general, and if a killer is strong they will have higher MMR in general. I know as a rank 4 survivor I know I see some killers much more than others, but wouldn't this make that worse.

My question is when MMR is introduced, do you think we will see a worse stratification of killers where better players get placed against killers like Nurse, Spirit, and Freddy constantly, while weaker ones play against Demogorgon and Shape?

(I know it would look like a gradient from Demo to Freddy, but I'm just trying to get my point across.)

Comments

• I mean they said they would try and make it adjust your MMR based on the fact you may not be as good with some killers as others. So each killer you might have at a different placing.

However if it will work or not we can only hope.

• TicTac
    TicTac Member Posts: 2,407

I dont think that weaker player will play more often against low tier killer. For then it would be roughly the same bc there are many player which are not good with Freddy, Spirit etc. I think for all on the skill level of average red rank and lower nothing would change in comparison to now.

But the good players will only see the strongest killer. Or they find no match, wait a lot and get player with lower mmr.