Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

So in which tier the spirit fits?

2»

Comments

• Dr_doom_j2
    Dr_doom_j2 Member Posts: 869
    PigNRun said:

@Dr_doom_j2 said:

>

Depends on the survivor too. Where tf >is the Depip squad when you need >them?

They are never around, because we never need them.

We need them to shut up folks talking about how top tier she is, she's ok atm, nothing more
  • AChaoticKiller
    AChaoticKiller Member Posts: 3,104
    Mc_Harty said:

Well if this is anything to go by...

https://dennisreep.nl/dbd/killers/

Though she is better then Doctor in my opinion. Also not sure why Myers is better then Hag.

She's better than Myers while Myers can steam roll cocky survivors its really rare. Hag can do the same thing while having better map control because of her traps. She can also down a lot of survivors in a short amount of time again because of her traps. Myers is not top tier he still gets looped and his one shot requires you to waste time. Unlike lets say billy, who has better map control and his ability can also 1 shot. Myers is top mid tier but hag, clown, billy, and nurse are better than him and are in top tier for the simple fact that their powers help them more in a chase than Myers.

• HellDescent
    HellDescent Member Posts: 4,883

In "I think we did a pretty good job so far" tier, same as the rest of the killers

• TheDarkLycan
    TheDarkLycan Member Posts: 435

@Bug_Reporter said:
    Top Tier, since i finished my build with her i've been rekting Rank 1s, CWFs are still a problem, just as much as for Nurse or any other top tier, Top Tier killers are good, but the game wasnt balanced around communication, when survivors CHEAT the game with that, any killer will have problems.

Btw, i've been called "Spirit GOD" and "Legendary Spirit" already, feels good when it comes from one of the most TOXIC CWFs i've ever seen.

Always remember...The only way to achieve greatness is when you finally...

G I T
    U
    D

your bragging and boasting makes me think that you are lying or just compensating for something.

• TheDarkLycan

and the tier is all dependent on what every player thinks, i consider her mid to high tier only due to the fact that her playstyle is so simple and the kind of playstyle im good with

• NextKillerSpongebob
    NextKillerSpongebob Member Posts: 271
    edited September 2018

@Ihatelife said:
    In my opinion A, cause the long cooldown and chase music while phase walking, but she is pretty mobile and her power help's me to hit a survivor in 90% times. Your opinion?
    ''Proof'':

She is low tier, even below Freddy. Her power just doesn't compare to other powers because it's been limited so heavily and she's only viable with add-ons which shouldn't be since the killer should be the power role.

And just because you have a few instances where you hit survivors doesn't mean she's alright xD I've killed 4 people with her as well, since most survivors are still not used to her. That doesn't mean she's strong tho

• TheDarkLycan

@NextKillerSpongebob said:

@Ihatelife said:
    In my opinion A, cause the long cooldown and chase music while phase walking, but she is pretty mobile and her power help's me to hit a survivor in 90% times. Your opinion?
    ''Proof'':

She is low tier, even below Freddy. Her power just doesn't compare to other powers because it's been limited so heavily and she's only viable with add-ons which shouldn't be since the killer should be the power role

true about the addon part but thats a decent amount of killers, freddy, wraith, pig, hag, and trapper are good examples of killers that really need their add ons to do very well, although they can do decent without add ons but nearly as well

• MisterCremaster
    MisterCremaster Member Posts: 614

Who cares? If you have fun playing her, play her. If she's "not good" you won't pip as much and continue playing against survivors who are at that tier skill wise too.

• @Eninya said:

@The_Manlet said:

@Eninya said:

@PigNRun said:
    Solid midtier, at least. Better than Freddy, Wraith, Leatherface and Pig.

She can potentially be pretty high, like between Doctor and Huntress, but overall I would never rate her above Pig.

Are you implying that the Pig is strong?

She can be, but she is at the mercy of RNG for traps and Ruin. With a standardization of those, she's a very lethal 4K killer because traps make her a very capable killer for playing round robin with hooks and downs. You have to be mindful of where survivors are while they're trapped, the boxes that they're likely to go to, and where generators are. With full map awareness, she's a very strong killer.

The Spirit's power kinda sucks in general at consistently dropping in on people, though whether this is a problem with the power or other mechanics not interacting with it properly is hard to tell. I've had games where positional accuracy and scratch marks during Phase Walk just don't exist, so you can hear survivors under you that are 5-8 meters ahead, or scratch marks that don't appear until you exit the Phase Walk, leaving you stuck far behind.

That's not to say she doesn't have the potential to be strong, but she might be buggy. I can't tell, even with games of 4K where it's accurate, and then the next game where it isn't at all, and I'm stuck guessing the entire match. It doesn't make a lot of sense that she is a slower killer in general given the long baseline cooldown of her power.

Comparatively, Pig can stealth and de-stealth for hits a lot more effectively, so the Spirit manages to fail at any real element of surprise. A less stealthy Wraith with slower movement speed and a brutal power cooldown. She's fun to play against, but... easy.

You nailed it. Her power just doesn't come at odds with other powers and depends on add-ons and perks. A killer shouldn't DEPEND on either and be pretty good without. She can't be without them

• @TheDarkLycan said:

@Ihatelife said:
    ''Proof'':

She is low tier, even below Freddy. Her power just doesn't compare to other powers because it's been limited so heavily and she's only viable with add-ons which shouldn't be since the killer should be the power role

true about the addon part but thats a decent amount of killers, freddy, wraith, pig, hag, and trapper are good examples of killers that really need their add ons to do very well, although they can do decent without add ons but nearly as well

Yes but like you said it yourself. They can be decent. The Spirit can't do anything without them basically xD

• TheDarkLycan

@TheDarkLycan said:

@Ihatelife said:
    ''Proof'':

Yes but like you said it yourself. They can be decent. The Spirit can't do anything without them basically xD

she can do more than a no addon freddy

• BadMrFrosty
    BadMrFrosty Member Posts: 1,100

Highest of low tier in my opinion. Unrewarding, slow, and an unbalanced skill/reward ratio. They nailed everything about this character but fell flat where it mattered - her mechanical effectiveness. Wait two years for a substantial buff I'd say.

• @TheDarkLycan said:

@TheDarkLycan said:

@Ihatelife said:
    ''Proof'':

she can do more than a no addon freddy

If she is using brown add-ons at least

• MegaWaffle
    MegaWaffle Member Posts: 4,172

Personally I put them like this:

Spirit is S tier
    Billy is B tier
    Clown is C tier
    Wraith is W tier
    Nurse is N tier
    Huntress is H tier
    Etc, etc, etc...

• Kilmeran
    Kilmeran Member Posts: 3,142
    edited September 2018

@MegaWaffle said:

Spirit is S tier
    Billy is B tier
    Clown is C tier
    Wraith is W tier
    Nurse is N tier
    Huntress is H tier
    Etc, etc, etc...

For us older gamers, is there a secret handshake we need to learn, or a decoder ring we need to get from a cereal box, to understand what the hell that stuff means?

• MegaWaffle

@Kilmeran said:

@MegaWaffle said:

Spirit is S tier
    Billy is B tier
    Clown is C tier
    Wraith is W tier
    Nurse is N tier
    Huntress is H tier
    Etc, etc, etc...

For us older gamers, is there a secret handshake we need to learn, or a decoder ring we need to get from a cereal box, to understand what the hell that stuff means?

Just keep listening to Little Orphan Anne on the radio to get your mail in code and the decoder ring comes to you!

Just remember to drink your Ovaltine!

• Kilmeran

@MegaWaffle said: Just keep listening to Little Orphan Anne on the radio to get your mail in code and the decoder ring comes to you!

It's 2018. We drink Ensure now. :)

• MegaWaffle

@Kilmeran said:

@MegaWaffle said: Just keep listening to Little Orphan Anne on the radio to get your mail in code and the decoder ring comes to you!

Sorry its so hard to read these dang bottles and their itty-bitty writing. ;)

• Kilmeran
    edited September 2018

@MegaWaffle said:

@Kilmeran said:

On a serious note, though: Where can I go and see what these letter-tiers mean? I would like to understand what an "S tier" is, but I have no friggin clue. I see this in Overwatch and HoTS as well, and never really understood where that placed the characters.

• MegaWaffle

@Kilmeran said:

@MegaWaffle said:

@Kilmeran said:

On a serious note, though: Where can I go and see what these letter-tiers mean? I would like to understand what an "S tier" is, but I have no friggin clue. I see this in Overwatch and HoTS as well, and never really understood where that placed the characters.

Think of it like a test in school. Getting an A is great while getting a F/E is bad. Saying something is "B" tier is like saying they are ok/neutral on the power scale, while saying something is "A" tier means they are good. If you say something is "S" tier then they are extremely good and this is often where people will complain about things being "overpowered".

From best tier to lowest tier:
    S
    A
    B
    C
    D
    E/F
    Freddy

That would be the best I could say.

• Kilmeran
    edited September 2018

@MegaWaffle That is exactly what I was looking for. The S-tier always threw me off. I didn't realize that was the best. Thanks a bunch.

I was also slow to the punch on seeing what you did in your original tier reply. That was hilarious, by the way.

• MegaWaffle

@Kilmeran said:
    @MegaWaffle That is exactly what I was looking for. The S-tier always threw me off. I didn't realize that was the best. Thanks a bunch.

You can go higher than "S" tier too. Not sure if you've ever played Devil May Cry series but you can get SSS tier.
    It all depends on what the community decides is the highest/lowest limit.

• Kilmeran

@MegaWaffle I saw something about SSS via google. The whole thing seems to be Asian gaming in origin.

• Fictionalname
    Fictionalname Member Posts: 121

Shes below Wraith but over Freddy.

• Ihatelife
    Ihatelife Member Posts: 5,069
    ### yeah <3 I've always a right <3
  • Boomer
    Boomer Member Posts: 34

Spirit is easily a top 5 killer at rank 1 with green or better addons. I have no issues consistently getting 3-4ks against good survivors(good survivors being rare). Without addons she is not really good of course like most killers.

• akbays35
    akbays35 Member Posts: 1,123
    edited November 2018

She's a mid tier killer with really strong add ons that fix her problems, legit just try to play her with no add ons and you'll be in for a bad time

• Ihatelife

@akbays35 said:
    She's a mid tier killer with really strong add ons that fix her problems, legit just try to play her with no add ons and you'll be in for a bad time

Dude, no problem, I can stil easily get 3/4k with her <3

• Bug_Reporter
    Bug_Reporter Member Posts: 673

@Ihatelife said:
    ''Proof'':

Second best killer. Without a doubt!

Top Tiers: Nurse, Spirit, Hillbilly, Huntress, Michael.

• Ihatelife

@Bug_Reporter said:

@Ihatelife said:
    ''Proof'':

Finally someone understand her <3

• Bug_Reporter
    Bug_Reporter Member Posts: 673

@Ihatelife said:

@Bug_Reporter said:

@Ihatelife said:
    ''Proof'':

Finally someone understand her <3

I was saying that since her launch, she was already powerful, but she kept getting buffed and buffed, she became a monster. Been playing her without addons at Rank 1 while testing new builds, my old one was already pretty good, but now that im testing Ruin, BBQ, Distressing and Whispers i've been getting a lot of Possessions and max deviouness every single match, also 4 kills even against CWFs.

Hillbilly is only good at open large maps or while using addons, if he doesnt use addons he is just as loopeable as Wraith, Spirit is already too good without addons and her addons only makes her even better!

Got called "GOD SPIRIT" twice yesterday, feels good man! :chuffed:

• BingBongBoi
    BingBongBoi Member Posts: 90

Her power isn't strong enough to warrant a slower movement speed, currently she is extremely useless and needs to be buffed to make up for her unreliable power and lack of good add ons. Although let's face it, she'll never get buffed because she is "Not meant to be viable".

Edit: Her Tier level is Freddy level at best.

*T R I G G E R E D  S P I R I T  M A I N 

All joking aside, imo u don't even have to be good with the spirit in order to be good. When I started playing spirit maybe a month after her release, I got kills very easy at rank 6 without camping or tunneling
  • powerbats
    powerbats Member Posts: 7,068

@BingBongBoi said:
    BigBadPiggy said:

Her power isn't strong enough to warrant a slower movement speed, currently she is extremely useless and needs to be buffed to make up for her unreliable power and lack of good add ons. Although let's face it, she'll never get buffed because she is "Not meant to be viable".

Edit: Her Tier level is Freddy level at best.

*T R I G G E R E D  S P I R I T  M A I N 

All joking aside, imo u don't even have to be good with the spirit in order to be good. When I started playing spirit maybe a month after her release, I got kills very easy at rank 6 without camping or tunneling

I took her to rank 1 last season without ever using Ruin and usually got 3-4k consistently and going with green adons and above and sometimes just brown and the right map offering. Most people just don't play her right and she takes a lot to master correctly.