Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Will the developers ultimately implement the new HUD permanently?

Jarol
Jarol Member Posts: 1,985
edited January 2021 in General Discussions

You should be aware that most of the community, we do not like the new hud and the movement animations of the survivors.

Comments

• Mat_Sella
    Mat_Sella Member Posts: 3,553

I'm sure it'll be there in some form, in a hopefully concise and compact format that leaves out all of the unnecessary fluff.

• TrollToll
    TrollToll Member Posts: 77

they will screw it up in bhvr fashion, i doubt people will want to play with this new hud and movement.

• Ryan489x
    Ryan489x Member Posts: 1,467

I can understand not liking the HUD, but why are people complaining about animations? That I don't understand. I watched the comparison video and didn't notice much of a difference. The HUD is weird being all over the place. they easily could have put it in the corner again even with the new portraits. It feels like unnecessary screen clutter.

• brokedownpalace
    brokedownpalace Member Posts: 8,792

Yes. They'll make tweaks and adjustments but the old HUD is going away

• TrollToll

the new animations added this shuffle that basically makes doing 360's impossible, it also made moonwalks much harder and less satisfying to look at. so basically movement is watered down now.

• EvanSnowWolf
    EvanSnowWolf Member Posts: 1,583

I feel like you could fix the biggest issues with the new HUD if they made the different items in it movable.

Star Wars: The Old Republic has been letting me click and drag my HUD items wherever I want them to be and then lock them there for YEARS. This should be a fairly simple concept. That way people can put their stuff wherever they want their eyes to go, which appears to be the primary complaint.

• EvilJoshy
    EvilJoshy Member Posts: 5,295

Since when have the devs listened to our feedback?

• TrollToll

they stopped along time ago, i think its because we complained so much they started to just stop caring.

• TrollToll

if you watch the devs play the game its obvious they know very little bar maybe 1 or 2 of them.

so they obviously cant tell what would be a good decision or not so they ignore us.

• Chilli_man2400
    Chilli_man2400 Member Posts: 2,893

when Spirit Ghostface and Freddy Doc and Lethaerface were #########

• EvilJoshy
    edited January 2021

I feel there are more instances where we told them "That's a bad idea" and they went through with it anyway.

Patch 1.9.2 probably being the most glaring.

Old MoM

The ruin rework

The release of Freddy, Legion, Twins. There was a lot of killer mains saying this killer is weak and the devs released it anyway.

• Ryan489x
    Ryan489x Member Posts: 1,467

Oh, that's interesting, I can't 360 very well anyway so that doesn't bother me. and really 360s shouldn't be a thing for the fact that with realistic movement you wouldn't be able to do that anyway.

• Chilli_man2400
    Chilli_man2400 Member Posts: 2,893

Well it was quickly removed the 1.9.2 update and MOM was nerfed in a month. Ruin needed to be changed it was overused. Legion was not weak yes he was but he was very annoying to go against Freddy would get reworked but I thought people liked old Freddy. The only thing I agree with is the Twins yes there weak but now there the most unfun killer to go against.

• Slashstreetboy
    Slashstreetboy Member Posts: 1,811

I think this is the perfect oppurtunity for them to show how much feedback actually matters to them. I´ve never seen a change as universally disliked as the new HUD. It seems the whole community came together on this one, to try and prevent its implementation.

Will our feedback be heard and the new HUD prevented/altered in a way that is based off the criticism it recieved?

Or will the player satisfaction get defacated on?

I hope they make the right choice.

• ASpazNamedSteve
    ASpazNamedSteve Member Posts: 1,784

Historically BHVR almost never likes going back on a change that required work from them, but I feel like this one's had such a negative impact that they will be changing it. I hope anyway.

I'm all for a new HUD, would be neat to freshen things up a bit, but they need to learn from all the feedback they're getting to make a good one.

• EvilJoshy
    edited January 2021

Freddy when he first came out was very different. He didn't have snares or dream pallets. There was no timer until you fell asleep either. The only way to fall asleep was to be hit by his power which had a short range. You had to be asleep for him to even hit you. He had to touch you with his power and wait 7 seconds for you to fall asleep. Failing a skill check woke you up. There were times when I hit someone with his power and by the time they fell asleep they finished what they were doing. Repairing a gen, opening the gates ect. Old Freddy was the worst killer in the game till Legion got here. Some people could literally slow the game to a halt if they could keep multiple survivors asleep though. That's what some Freddy mains miss about old Freddy. The issue was when he released. Killers said he was weak. Survivors said he was op. The devs nerfed him in like a week. The survivors then learned how to fight against him. So we had a weak killer that got even weaker. This is why I feel the balance team has no clue how to balance the game. It took nearly 2 years to get him reworked. Now he's in a good spot and I hate it when people suggest nerfing him because I remember what he was. Current Freddy is a big improvement.

MoM they had to have known that was going to break the game. Which leads me to suspect they released it the way it was deliberately. Then after word got around and people bought Ash, then they nerfed it.

Old ruin did not need to be nerfed. Survivors need to learn to hit great skill checks. It's is still the most used killer perk even without undying. What does that tell you? Against competent survivors some form of gen slow down is a must pick.

Legion was pretty broken at his release. I remember people wounding you then walking backwards. They would follow your blood trail and since he wasn't facing you it didn't count as a chase. So it was impossible to mend and you would bleed out eventually. Then there was the double mending add ons that kept stacking your mend time every single time he hit you with frenzy. It was faster to get downed and have someone revive you. Don't miss those days.

I haven't even played since Twins came out. I even had enough shards saved up and I don't want them. I feel they are that bad. Even if the killer sucks I've unlocked them just for their perks but these don't even interest me.

• Hex_Llama
    Hex_Llama Member Posts: 1,818

Nothing in this game is permanent, but my expectation is that this is going to be our new UI for at least a few months. The feeling I get is that there's a reason why they have to migrate to this new UI and, unless it's literally broken in the sense that it's glitching out, that's what's going to happen.

I'm sure it's not because they think the new UI looks good or works better than the old one.

• OniWantsYourMacaroni
    OniWantsYourMacaroni Member Posts: 5,944

Patch 1.9.2

Pre-nerf Mettle of Man

Release Legion

Etc.

I would say the HUD change was just one of their worst decisions

• Zozzy
    Zozzy Member Posts: 4,759

Tired of moonwalking holding the game back.

I think it is great that they are getting rid of it.

• TATAHARAMBE
    TATAHARAMBE Member Posts: 120

with the new animations, this game looks like a mobile game

• OBX
    OBX Member Posts: 854

Folks are aware that console FPS can’t keep up with 360 so they don’t want to lose the ability to abuse it. Simple as that.

• ProfoundEnding
    ProfoundEnding Member Posts: 2,334

I think the exact opposite. The older animations looked so unnatural compared to the new ones. Especially how the survivors were so stiff when they stopped, crouched, ect. As well as the cosmetics looking awfully stretchy due to their little hunch back. I don't like every aspect of the new animations, but it is definitely a step in the right direction.