Hag Change Ideas

SirJustSir
SirJustSir Member Posts: 16
edited January 2021 in General Discussions

I feel Hag needs to be the one to get the next tweaking after Clown. Hag is slow, her add-ons are mediocre, has a low pick rate, and not seen being played on various DBD streams. Here is what I think BHVR can do to Hag to maybe make her more fun to play.

1. Increase her base movement speed from 4.4 to 4.6. Hag has to spend time placing traps and at times chasing. These days survivors can loop a Hag much longer and with MMR being implemented and working as intended, a good Hag will be matched with better players at their level and cause longer chases, crouch over traps most of the match, and gens get popped much faster. I don't think it's a problem to make her move faster in chases.
  2. To compensate for the base movement speed buff, Hag can't place traps near a hooked survivor almost like how The Twins can't be that close to a hooked survivor or traps will disappear after a few seconds in range by a hooked survivor. Basically, Hag can't be much of a campy killer as before.
  3. Hag's add-ons need to be tweaked/reworked especially her Ultra Rare and Very Rare add-ons except for Rusty Shackles. My opinion Mint Rag should have teleport cooldown reduced, Waterlogged Shoe should remove the movement speed increase and teleport disable, Disfigured Ear needs a different effect since it's not useful at all, Grandma's Heart should remove the Hag's red stain as well so it can be like a pocket Dark Devotion, and Scarred Hand should just be a common add-on instead since killers with add-ons that negate their ability and award bloodpoints are usually commons.
  4. If Hag gets new add-ons or has added effects in her current add-ons. Ideas for these new effects could be having her traps not be seen that well by survivors. They be more camouflaged on the ground or the trap shape is thinner to be seen at a distance. Secondarily, her traps can't be destroyed by flashlights and flashlights are her kryptonite and ruin her game. Finally, after teleporting to a new location the spot she was before will have a trap automatically placed there. That will save her time to place traps in different areas and concentrate on chasing.

Feedback?

Comments

• Trashmaster
    Trashmaster Member Posts: 357

No thank you, the hag absolutely stinks and I doubt anyone wants to see more people playing it

• SirJustSir

Stink as in what exactly? Not getting kills, her base kit, or...?

• SirJustSir

I can agree with you except for the add-ons part. Her Ultra Rare and Very Rare add-ons need to be looked at. Plus Hag getting her own chase music would be so cool.

• blue4zion
    blue4zion Member Posts: 2,773

It's true she's got some odd and useless addons, but for the most part she's got some of the strongest addons in the game.

Also don't think she needs a movement speed boost, but for sure needs some adjustments for camping.

• Trashmaster
    Trashmaster Member Posts: 357

Playing against a killer designed for guarding areas sucks balls. Of course one could run urban evasion just to avoid the 1 hag you see weekly, but I'd rather just suicide on first hook and get into a potentially enjoyable game

• bjorksnas
    bjorksnas Member Posts: 5,483

My changes

Base movement speed to be 112.5% or 4.5 m/s

Traps within 8 meters of hook can't be activated while a survivor is hooked and for 2 seconds after

Mint rag : Cooldown stays at 15 seconds but can teleport to any trap at any range

Waterlogged shoe: rarity decreased to very rare, still increases speed by 2.5% or to 4.6 m/s hindered effect lasts for 5 seconds after leaving a traps range and shows aura outside of a chase

Rusty Shackles: rarity increased to ultra rare

Grandmas Heart: gives undetectable for 10 seconds whenever a phantasm trap is triggered

Scarred hand: Also increased movement speed by 2.5% stacks with waterlogged shoe

Disfigured ear: Survivors that trigger a phantasm trap see a Illusionary Red Stain and hear a Terror Radius as though The hag were right behind them for 20 seconds

• pseudechis
    pseudechis Member Posts: 3,904

yeah last thing I want is to turn her into a chase killer. Looping bores the ######### outa me, I don't have to do it with Hag, hence why she's my main.

I wish we had more killers with varying mechanics like Hag that really switch up the gameplay.

• QwQw
    QwQw Member Posts: 4,531

I think Hags in a good spot right now.

• Huge_Bush
    Huge_Bush Member Posts: 5,326

So you'll screw over your teammates in hopes of getting an easier match. Devs catering to players like you will be the cause of this games death.

• DBD78
    DBD78 Member Posts: 3,455

Hag is fine!

• AChaoticKiller
    AChaoticKiller Member Posts: 3,104

hag is fine, people just don't like her chase mechanic which is you trigger a trap and get hit.

All of her addons are also fine imo, she is a strong killer get over it and go back to complaining about spirit.

• vacaman
    vacaman Member Posts: 1,140

Hag's addons are some of my favourites. Except the purple and red ones all the rest are at least useful, at most really good. And please don't give her more speed, she is not a chase killer. I think Hag is one of the last killers i'd do a rework right now, a killer like her is soooo refreshing since it has a very unique gameplay that I hope stays as is.

Maybe remove the hability to put traps too close to hook and in return give her slightly faster base trapping speed or some quality of life stuff but honestly the biggest problem that i think has this killer has nothing to do with her, but with dedicated servers that make sometimes impossible to tp-instahit.