Are you happy with Dead by Daylights current animations?

Options
skinu
skinu Member Posts: 34

Are you happy with Dead by Daylights current animations, or would you rather have the new, upcoming animations in the game?

Are you happy with Dead by Daylights current animations? 40 votes

Yes, leave the old ones!
50%
DemiurgUistreelanonymous31337Critical_FishPlantCollectorDawnMadAwkward_FiendChurchofPigbubbabrothaskinuYordsBwstedZestyjotaroQwQwHutcheryDistortedDreamMalcolmKreischerRK67frydziu08 20 votes
No, use the new ones!
50%
White_Owlblue4zion[Deleted User]TaigaCornHubFilthyLegionMainAlifyTotemsCleanserherrik666RepostRipostehorrortale_sansPhasmamainTrashmasterjrinkwaterVenusaViberumKarao_Kecarlosr831van1llaqnyun 20 votes

Comments

• Yords
    Yords Member Posts: 5,781
    Options
    Yes, leave the old ones!

The ones we have right now are fine. Sure, they could use maybe slight tuning but that is it. There was no need to make the new ones look like meerkats staring off in the distance.

• Phasmamain
    Phasmamain Member Posts: 11,531
    Options
    No, use the new ones!

I like the new ones personally though I agree they could use more polish

• RepostRiposte
    RepostRiposte Member Posts: 793
    Options
    No, use the new ones!

The new ones look comically unfinished so I want them.

• Viberum
    Viberum Member Posts: 53
    Options
    No, use the new ones!

The new ones look better. The idle animation is funny so let's get that one.

• QwQw
    QwQw Member Posts: 4,531
    Options
    Yes, leave the old ones!

I don't really care about the devs changing the animations, but the new ones look kinda weird. So until they're touched up, I'd prefer to keep the old ones.

• Alify
    Alify Member Posts: 347
    Options
    No, use the new ones!

everything new is better than old anyway. They should just polish new animations and they would be awesome

• Karao_Ke
    Karao_Ke Member Posts: 1,221
    Options
    No, use the new ones!

I think the new animations (especially the running one) looks a bit weird, and here's why:

When you're idle, it looks like you're a puppet being held up by your strings because let me tell you, nobody stands like that.

When you're running, your legs look robotic to me and I can't put my finger on why.

Lastly, crawling on the ground seems very stiff now.

BUT

I do think they can definitely be tweaked a bit more, and once they are, the animations will look great. There is little details in them, such as actually using your hands to get up after getting healed off the ground instead of just popping up, that will make the game feel more realistic.

• DistortedDream
    DistortedDream Member Posts: 672
    Options
    Yes, leave the old ones!

The new animations look weird to me, especially the running and idle animations. I think the animations that we have currently are fine as is and should stay in the game.

• herrik666
    herrik666 Member Posts: 191
    Options
    No, use the new ones!

I like the new ones except the running while injured, that one looks kinda derpy.

• Science_Guy
    Science_Guy Member Posts: 1,971
    Options

The current animations in this game are honestly awful. But we're used to them. On the other hand, that doesn't mean the new ones are better, though.

• hatchking
    hatchking Member Posts: 312
    Options

I like the broken spine when getting up more than any new animation

• blue4zion
    blue4zion Member Posts: 2,773
    Options
    No, use the new ones!

I want new ones, the ones in the PTB are really nice but need work.

I'll still take them over the old ones though

• Critical_Fish
    Critical_Fish Member Posts: 615
    edited January 2021
    Options
    Yes, leave the old ones!

I hate the new animations. Even with all the polish in the world the injured animation would look painfully clunky.

The old ones were perfect for what they did. Plus, who in their right mind though it'd make more sense for Survivors to not limp while injured?

Also, let's be honest, these animations will not be polished. Think about who you're talking about, here, BHVR takes a year to polish minor bugs.

• White_Owl
    White_Owl Member Posts: 3,786
    edited January 2021
    Options
    No, use the new ones!

The new ones could be improved, but after seeing them I can't stop thinking the old ones feel very stiff.

• TotemsCleanser
    TotemsCleanser Member Posts: 617
    Options
    No, use the new ones!

I like the current ones, but I'm not against the new ones. I think they look better!

• DawnMad
    DawnMad Member Posts: 1,030
    Options
    Yes, leave the old ones!

Idk why but the new ones feel restrictive when turning and such. The old ones are objectively more fun for me from a gameplay perspective because I feel like I move more fluidly.

• FilthyLegionMain
    FilthyLegionMain Member Posts: 1,148
    Options
    No, use the new ones!

I thought they were pretty funny but it would be nice for them to be tweaked.