Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Does anyone else...

embrace toxicity?

I love it, it fuels me. That's the main reason why i love playing pvp games :D

By that i mean that i love getting toxic pm, i'm never the one who starts it.

Comments

• lagosta
    lagosta Member Posts: 1,871

Not at all. I hate being on the other side, so I don't do it.

• ImHexyAndINoed
    ImHexyAndINoed Member Posts: 504

I use to embrace and promote toxicity when I played alot of Overwatch, I'd cue in competitive mode not to play it, but to argue with the infamously toxic players. I enjoyed it for awhile, but it started making me unhappy. So I decided to take a day where I was positive instead of negative.

I never changed back.

I'm not trying to tell you to stop embraceing toxic behaviour, play how you want but I'd recommend a day where you ignore/defuse situations instead of embraceing them.

• Hyd
    Hyd Member Posts: 379

Same, my online gaming started with PC and Xbox in early 2000s and the Halo 2 and CoD lobbies of old desensitized me to all the bs these super sweat tryhard kids spew out today.

And with DbD, it's just like you said for me too - this is the most toxic game i've played yet. I've only been playing 3 months but I've never received more hatemail in my entire gaming lifetime than I have in JUST ONE MONTH playing DbD lol. It's truly sad.

• Skullgrind
    Skullgrind Member Posts: 118

No. No I do not love it. I've been playing games online for 20+ years and worked in the games industry. It's been growing worse across the board every year. Now people just think "that's how it is" and don't even play MP games anymore. It's not cool.

• Mikeasaurus
    Mikeasaurus Member Posts: 2,327

Not really. I've played games for over 25 years now, and played online for about 15. I'm 31 now. I haven't got time for people who want to act childish and tell me to go top myself, or they're going to do things to my family. It just shows how sad people really are to act this way over a game. Win or lose, I've never once felt the need to tell someone to go kill themselves. People who do need to be removed from any sort of online presence and actually get a life for once.

• jrinkwater
    jrinkwater Member Posts: 314

I love watching people be toxic to each other immensely lol. And i love it thrown my way too, because no matter what you say I have nothing but funny, relax responses and I am smiling :)

• SocialDistomancy
    SocialDistomancy Member Posts: 1,319
    edited January 2021

should have tried playing your first few matches in heroes of newarth around 2009 or so, jesus christ I could have become a serial killer if they said the same stuff to me irl so I could have known who they were lol. I played alot of xbox 360 shooters too. but most of the time it made me laugh since it was some squeaky kid, or this one foul mouthed guy thatw as the nightly entertainment in our lobby in one of the games I played. so bad he was good at starting stuff