Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Why are you like this?

In a world so full of fun, creative and original content... why is your community so entitled? I stopped playing 2 years ago after this game caused serious problems in my mental health and self image. To the point where I was afraid to log onto my account tied to the game because I was scared my life was in danger from your community. How is it your team can act like such enormous babies and create an environment so toxic that it could be used to kill an elephant? I thank you for helping me realize myself however. Your characters and story are so beautiful and detailed, yet your game is such a flaming pile of Blight. I believe this game can be an amazing and safe place for the players so that nobody else has to be driven to the ends I met and almost died at. But your community is not ready for that yet. And for that I apologize to everybody who enters a match wanting a fun and adventurous experience, and instead gets a toxic and sad flaming pile of mistreatment, betrayal, fear, and destruction.

Comments

• SleepyWillo
    SleepyWillo Member Posts: 2,197

I'm confused- you stopped playing 2 years ago but came back to post this?

Unfortunately, as with most PvP games, certain people will derive fun from the misery of others. Best to ignore them. "Don't feed the trolls" and they'll eventually starve and move on.

• JPA
    JPA Member Posts: 1,685

Few PVP games offer the mechanics and design to really streamline it though

• CoofedDwight
    CoofedDwight Member Posts: 9

I came back to post as I want to enjoy this game and play it again, yet my stomach churns at the thought of even logging into that screen and seeing the campfire

• CoofedDwight

Please read the comment I added. Thank you for your input.

• Con_Inc
    Con_Inc Member Posts: 137

Ignore the idiots block people from sending you messages or use logic against their stupid comments if you hit somebody that’s negative with a gg they usually stop. I tend to point out those peoples flaws in there complaints and that shuts them up. Just enjoy the game if you like it. It’s in fact a game you should enjoy so don’t let the many dumb people I have seen ruin it for you.

• Skullgrind
    Skullgrind Member Posts: 118

I feel this too. And if a game is causing you serious mental health concerns I don't think anyone would recommend playing it. You can't force people to do things or be the way you want you can only control your own actions. Hopefully more people will try being polite and competing in a way where everyone can enjoy the game and not just "deal with" the toxic community to get by.

• offwhiteknight
    offwhiteknight Member Posts: 172

Seriously, dude. You really need to not base your mental health and self image off of some random ######### heads on the internet. You said it yourself...they're acting like "enormous babies". So be the adult you seem to be...you recognize the behavior is childish. Let it go and move on. Would you base your self image off the opinions of an angry toddler? Turn off your chat, kill'em with kindness, or just respond "gg" to every negative comment. Personally, I NEVER post the first negative comment, but I do enjoy poking a little fun at their tantrums.

The internet is not a "safe place". Ultimately, it won't bother you unless you let it. It has no more power over you than what you give it. Stop giving it power.

• CoofedDwight

As much as I would like to continue responding to comments I will now be logging off for the last time, thank you for viewing my story and for your contribution.I apologize if I came off too strong and made anyone feel attacked. I hope in the future I will be able to come back and feel happy in this community

• megswifey
    megswifey Member Posts: 826

I'm sorry this happened, bubby. I have met rude people everywhere, and with anonymity comes power. I hope you can enjoy this game again soon, there are kind players and excellent forum members on here <3! I actually was saved by this game-- I was in a really bad place and stuck in a negative setting, and playing this game with my friends helped distract me and alleviate some stress.

• Gay Myers (Luzi)
    Gay Myers (Luzi) Member Posts: 4,427

First and foremost, take care of yourself - your mental health is much more important and if something is stressing you out, cut it out of your life.

I wish you the best in your future endeavors. Take care.

This discussion has been closed.