Why I'm getting ban for 30min?

This is the case: I play dbd in the nintendo switch and whenever a play killer my game froze and disconnect me from the game saying it's an 'internet problem' but I know thats not the case. I'm getting ban for 30min every time and its not my fault (meaning intentional disconnect) or my internet connection.

Best Answer

Answers

• tippy2k2
    tippy2k2 Member Posts: 5,177

Whatever the reason is, if the game is disconnecting like that, it's going to give you a penalty. All this stupid game takes is a one second blip of lost internet connectivity and you just got booted out of the game...

If it's doing it constantly and you can recreate it (which it sounds like you can as you said whenever you play as a killer), make a Bug Report and have them look into it

https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/categories/bugs

• Freki
    Freki Member Posts: 1,903

first disconnect is 5 minutes, second is 10 minutes, third is 15 minutes. I think fourth is 30 minutes. you do not get a 30 min penalty for each disconnect. obviously you disconnect a good deal, i'm sorry your switch is bugging out but perhaps you should look for the reasons you're disconnecting and fix those and report when you get a disconnect from game freezing or messing up. best have evidence of the issue though.

• scottymo
    scottymo Member Posts: 74

Not correct. I had problems with my PS5 at first. Tweaked router settings and relocated PS as it had a high WiFi db. I was dropping and DC constantly and I never got more than 5 minutes. There’s gotta be something more going on like rage quitting and a lot of them. Get your WiFi game up then you can get your game up.

• Freki
    Freki Member Posts: 1,903

not true? really? the devs said it increased the more you dc..... if you got no more than 5 minutes every time and it doesn't ramp up, how the hell does that guy get 30 minutes??? is it fixed for each person oh person A gets 30 minutes, person B gets 5, person C gets 1 hour???/ that's crazy. it can't be 30 minutes every time, can't be 5 minutes every time according to what the devs and others say.

• TripleSteal
    TripleSteal Member Posts: 1,298

The penalty for dc-s is progressive and has been this way pretty much since it was introduced as a concept. If you do not disconnect frequently "enough", though, the ban duration will remain at its lowest value. Accumulated value of DC penalty refreshes every unidentified period of time, duration of which one of the mods refused to disclose when asked directly in a similar thread, if I recall correctly.

Explanation of DC bans from Bhvr:

This discussion has been closed.