What do you call a win? (As a survivor)

Trashmaster
Trashmaster Member Posts: 357

Generally killers seem to agree that 3 kills is what counts as winning, but how about survivor?

Do you just want to escape or do the teammates matter? Does it need to be a good game?

What makes it a win?

What do you call a win? (As a survivor) 122 votes

I escape
22%
GHERBEARRULESTapeKnotMazoobiTaigaMooksGlamourousLeviathantenoresaxzumerChurchofPigPega6SpookyPumpkinPiezBitingSeaRizerDwightFairfieldItzZane_swager21uncreative_username[Deleted User]frydziu08LoneMaple 28 votes
I escape with someone else
6%
RullisiGeneralVYanthegamer558Azxx93BoobajotaropiggygooikJayTheEntity 8 votes
Depends on how "good" the game was
9%
White_OwlpichumudkipDarootLeafstormIronWillhaglingUndershotFobbosteponmeadirisswearingtulip28NotFengMin04VenusaKarao_Ke 12 votes
I escape with a friend (SWF), screw anyone else
0%
I scored well, or hit double pip
19%
Demon_SwordsFog_Kingsynx201oinkzoinkAhoyWolfShapedDetailedDetrimentMrScopesMan99BuddhaBingRanger_939landromatkesLVAggressiveFTWboostedsurvivormaindarkcloudlinkBasementDwellernikkimAquamarineTrashmasterCurveballer 24 votes
I died, but also carried the team and they escaped
10%
Eabonmusstang62CleviteDawnMadNullclinesMadLordJackMarouPotatoAmazingXandpanernanersaambientmerch[Deleted User]101010 13 votes
I only count killer DC as a win
1%
maaadinsomniacGay_Police_Dept 2 votes
Something else or the combination of the above is what makes a win
28%
GibberishOnryosTapeRentalsZagridBlueberryKaanaAttckcatDimekIcewhisperSebaOutbreakGrim_GrimzAwkward_FiendJediWithASnipercynicalGreenMonkey3410Psyhelprison_mikeYordsJolten9t9Grimmy_BluuesBreque 35 votes

Comments

• Yords
    Yords Member Posts: 5,781

If I perform well throughout the match and escape while being able to save at least one teammate. Or if I do two generators and get one or two hook rescues.

• Gay_Police_Dept
    Gay_Police_Dept Member Posts: 743
    I only count killer DC as a win

Haha, this one, totally.

• DwightFairfield
    DwightFairfield Member Posts: 1,246
    I escape

you escape or you die, that's what constitutes a win for me

if you're thinking that probably means my fun comes at the expense of my teammates you'd be half right, but i've played enough killer matches to realize that most survivors don't care if the killer or their teammates have fun

thus, i feel no guilt in abandoning the looping, t-bagging flashlight clicker on the hook

• DBD78
    DBD78 Member Posts: 3,455

If all four escapes. What does it matter if I score 3 goals and are amazing in a football game (soccer for you americans lol) if my team lose? Or if we are four guys out on town going to a disco and only three of us makes it there because one was murdered on the way there? No deaths is acceptable for my teams 😀

• JediWithASniper
    JediWithASniper Member Posts: 670

For me a win is when it’s a hard fought battle with an escape, or sacrificing myself for the team to escape. Sometimes it’s being the last one to survive and outwitting the killer and escaping.

• NoOneKnowsNova
    NoOneKnowsNova Member Posts: 2,785

When I play well and the game was fun. I could die to an extremely good Huntress and I'd be satisfied with the match.

• Gibberish
    Gibberish Member Posts: 1,061

Single Pip

• Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,590
    edited February 2021

1 escape is a loss.

2 is a draw.

3 is a win.

4 is a slaughter.

I view it basically the exact same as on killer.

• Karao_Ke
    Karao_Ke Member Posts: 1,221
    edited February 2021

It really depends on the situation:

• I won if I had fun. If I didn't have fun in the match, then I didn't win imo whether it was because of a facecamping killer or useless teammates. I'd rather have a meme game than a sweaty one.
    • Or if I feel like I was useful in the match (flashlight saves, long chases) then I will also feel like I have won.

It's all about how you feel after a game, not the scoreboard. Of course people escaping (including myself) feels great too, but that isn't always going to make me feel good if I had a miserable match.

• REL1_C
    REL1_C Member Posts: 619

I put the same, I use to make it my main priority to escape but now I just want a good game. Run fun builds and just bully the killer lol if I can do that as well jk.

• Attckcat
    Attckcat Member Posts: 58

I won if I had fun, and the there weren't any issues like DCs to interfere with that.

If I got a ton of points and died, I won.

If I styled on a killer all game, then died to rescue someone else, I won.

If I escaped, but got few points because the killer was matched poorly, I lost.

If I got slugged for 4 minutes and 58 seconds. I probably lost.

• steponmeadiris
    steponmeadiris Member Posts: 225

I like getting my teammates out alive, even if it means I die. However, what really makes a game good is whether I think it was fun or not. If I spent the whole game being stressed and annoyed, that's a loss, even if I double pip and survive. If I spent the game laughing and having fun, that's a win, no matter what the outcome was.

• IronWill
    IronWill Member Posts: 244

I really don't mind if I die in the end as long as I actually get to play and enjoy the game - so no camping and/or tunneling. It's a pity how rare those matches are...

• xSymantha
    xSymantha Member Posts: 58

Depends on how "good" the game went, how well I scored, and sometimes if I and other teammates escape.

• Fog_King
    Fog_King Member Posts: 688

Of course escaping as a survivor is the ultimate win, but it's not always possible, so I think if I don't escape, I always look at the blood points I got in the match. For example, I die, but get 20000 BP. Seems like a good thing to me, because while I didn't escape, I got a lot of points. Sometimes just escaping ends up not being satisfying, for example, we get a bad killer and he never chases me the whole match, I escape and get like 12000 BP. It was a win, but a meh match.

• fogdonkey
    fogdonkey Member Posts: 1,567

If I get the a lot of bloodpoints, or I have the most bloodpoints among the survivors.

• Zagrid
    Zagrid Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 1,000

The other survivors escape. Unless if they are bad survivors, then I want to be the only one to leave that game.

• Anniehere
    Anniehere Member Posts: 1,264
    edited February 2021

The escape percentages are very low as long as the killer knows what he is doing and does it very well.

Of course it also depends on the decisions we make during the game.

The longer I survive, helping survivors and fixing gens. I feel I'm not useless and did my best to survive and hide.

Even when I'm the only survivor alive and the killer caught me,

I define it as some kind of victory.

• Mooks
    Mooks Member Posts: 14,709
    I escape

while I chose ‚when I escape‘ I don’t really play to win but to have fun. Also if I am after a specific challenge, achievement or daily, that is for that match my winning condition.

generally I give my live to rescue a teammate or even die trying. Depending on the performance of the teammate and killer of course. If it’s a facecamping bubba i escape etc.

• Awkward_Fiend
    Awkward_Fiend Member Posts: 687

0-1 dead = Survivor win

2-3 dead = Draw

3-4 dead = Killer Win

In this scenario I assume hatch = 1 kill and whether 3 kills is a killer win or draw depends on the addons and map.

• cynical
    cynical Member Posts: 19

If I had fun or had a good chase it doesn't matter if I got tunnelled to death at 5 gens. If it's been a boring match or otherwise unenjoyable I consider escaping a win. It depends. Some days every game is a win for me and some days no game ends in a win for me.

• I escape

I play to escape, that’s my win. Through the exit gates I mean, hatch is a bit of a pity escape.

If it’s obvious that isn’t gonna happen then I’ll take pips as a consolation prize. I’d rather go for unhooks that I know will result in my dying rather than hatch camp because its boring and I’ll take the pips over the 50/50 chance of getting the hatch

• panernaners
    panernaners Member Posts: 243

It feels the best to save your team mates and they make it out then just you making it out

• Kaana
    Kaana Member Posts: 50

I consider it a win if I had fun even if I die, or the rest of my team makes it out even if I'm the only one that died. I also consider it a win if I manage to save someone with bt while they're being facecamped for no reason. Real fun to bodyblock the killer when they're tunneling them too.

• Psyhel
    Psyhel Member Posts: 21

This

• Hex_Llama
    Hex_Llama Member Posts: 1,818

It can be "I escape" or, if I have a specific task I'm trying to do for a daily or a rift challenge, it can be getting to do my task. If I have fun in the match, though, I don't care whether or not I won.

• I scored well, or hit double pip

Not depipping is a victory to me, also having fun

• swager21
    swager21 Member Posts: 1,019
    I escape

escape, 20k+ bloodpoints, and a pip

• TheButcher6641
    TheButcher6641 Member Posts: 252

1 or above pips and two escapes qualifies as a win for me.

• I escape

The only person who matters in a match is me, yes I will risk saving others if I can, but I only really care if I escape, also a decent amount of BP.

• RoachesDelight
    RoachesDelight Member Posts: 312

I consider it a win when I me at least one of those good ol' pippi longstockings

• Eabon
    Eabon Member Posts: 4

What is balance? Balance is four people. Two out is called balance. I'm going to die four at a time. Is that called balance?