Why does it take so damn long for bug fixes and balance changes?

slim0b
slim0b Member Posts: 551
edited February 2021 in General Discussions

I believe the BHVR team allocated to DBD has a good amount of members in it this shouldn't be an issue?

The uncleansable tractor totem has been here for like a month now.

The oni power bug, while patch notes say it's been fixed, still persists to this day.

Crotus Penn Asylum's near-shack pallet break that gets you stuck in the ground as killer.

Crawling under the hook exploit.

Elodie's ######### scream.

Nurse and Hillbilly's messed up FOV and animations ever since their god awful reworks.

A TON of addons that almost count completely useless OR DONT EVEN WORK (Bubba's chilli that legit stayed bugged from release until rework thats like 3 years) but are just threw away like trash and never looked at just to act as filler addons when there's so many creative addon ideas.

Why is object of obsession still the way it is I legit get an OoO each match now? Why haven't keys been balanced already it's the same case a key every match I HATE IT PLEASE I HATE IT. Why is DS still an invulnerability perk instead of an anti-tunnel perk? Why's spirit still helpless to go against? The iri head, hello?

Multiple members from the community even content creators have GREAT IDEAS, just watch this otzdarva suggested community change, even the man himself (a fog whisperer btw and one of the most non biased) knows deep down these changes won't go through.

Why does it take so long?

Comments

• ShadowRain
    ShadowRain Member Posts: 607

Its sad.. idk why the devs wanna kill the game so badly.

• Yords
    Yords Member Posts: 5,781

Because BHVR

• EvilJoshy
    EvilJoshy Member Posts: 5,295

This is why another developer needs to make a similar game so there is actually competition. If there was another game like DBD that was well designed the amount of people migrating to that game would be massive. Management at BHVR would start making crunch time mandatory to try to get the player basis back because DBD is all they got. They tried making Death Garden and that flopped for some reason. If DBD goes BHVR pretty much goes with it.

• landromat
    landromat Member Posts: 2,193

Consoles. They're probalbly wasting a lot of time rolling patches to consoles. They should patch pc more often and then bring changes to consoles with big patches or make all balancing server side

• Mr_K
    Mr_K Member Posts: 9,184

1) bhvr

2) console parity

• HellDescent
    HellDescent Member Posts: 4,883

Maybe we'll get a multiplayer game mode from the devs of The Callisto Protocol in addition to single player campaign. But that will be no earlier than 2022

• stvnhthr
    stvnhthr Member Posts: 777

I think Behavior wants to get bought out by a larger publisher. The thought is to make themselves attractive with a huge player base and then let a bigger company fix the game. They put all their efforts into fixing the bare minimum. The fact lag is still such a problem speaks volumes. Larger companies know how to host huge multiplayer games without lag effecting every game.

• JimboMason
    JimboMason Member Posts: 759

Devs, from what I know, work only when they want to, due to the genre having no competition

That's why the game is in the state it is

• Pulsar
    Pulsar Member Posts: 20,775

1.) They are not going to screw over the majority of players like that.

2.) Overwatch literally has a PTR on Consoles AND patches it much more frequently than DBD.

• Mister_Holdout
    Mister_Holdout Member Posts: 3,144

Because DbD doesn't have any serious competition right now.

• yoko123
    yoko123 Member Posts: 28

The most unforgivable act of laziness in my opinion is the continued existence of Iridescent Head.

When they made Deathslinger, they made sure his insta-down addon was near useless. Why doesn't that philosophy apply to Huntress? Literally any nerf would be welcome to the Iridescent Head. Most Huntresses I encounter refuse to use it themselves because it feels like cheating. And almost all Huntresses I find using it play as toxic as possible.

It's simply an unhealthy addon. I think a lot of people would be happier if they simply removed it. I wish the devs worked faster on this stuff.

• DeceptivePastry
    DeceptivePastry Member Posts: 48
    edited February 2021

I really don't understand either. I get that a lot of balance changes need to be done right and take time. But like, iri hatchets? That's such an easy fix. Just make it max at 1 even with infantry belt. Easiest change in the world. Even if it still turns out to be slightly OP, it's not nearly as game breaking. And some bugs that have been around for months, yea, I don't understand.

• slim0b

Yup it ain't usually the iri head alone its iri head mori ruin undying noed, completely unhealthy

• Zozzy
    Zozzy Member Posts: 4,759

Nurse and billy were done on purpose.

• OmegaXII
    OmegaXII Member Posts: 2,191

“Meanwhile, enjoy our new overpriced cosmetics.” - BHVR

Cosmetics never get delayed btw.

• MrPeterPFL
    MrPeterPFL Member Posts: 636

Behaviour update their game every 1 & 1/2 months, plus adding new content every 3 months.

• Kees_T
    Kees_T Member Posts: 811

It's 1 month and half one with no patch notes release, it's ridiculous. We only had the awful bloodrush with 1.5x and the Calendar from December with a ######### reward just to show that they planned something.

Like most here are saying, they work when they want or when they don't like something.

There's a clip of Almo going against a Doctor with impossible skill check build, he manages to constantly miss the skill checks and complain "why it stills works like this" and then in the next patch, Huntress Lullaby was nerfed.

It's just a silly joke, but it's almost true. There's a lot of times they changed something which NO ONE asked for, for example this new HUD, aura changes that were horrible, bloodlust white screen effect. Like who asked for that?

And we all know that they don't care about how unhappy the community is, what's important is that DBD is making a lot of money.

• CakeDuty
    CakeDuty Member Posts: 995

I remember watching a stream with Mclean where he said something like "Insta down Huntress is a goner, don't invest in it." 2 years ago. Really goes to show how slow they work there, can't even change the most problematic and complained about addon within a 2 year span. First I thought they were waiting to change it for the Huntress add on pass, but then they announce her Begrimed Head getting changed next patch, so I can't figure out an excuse anymore.

https://clips.twitch.tv/TsundereScrumptiousPangolinTheRinger

• slim0b

I'm just surprised at how unpopular this is while poor Almo is getting bashed for the lack of communication between team members.