Important questions left unanswered

Ryuzaki
Ryuzaki Member Posts: 688
edited February 2021 in General Discussions

I asked this question in the 'General Discussions' category and it was swiftly moved to the 'Optimization' category, I guess to minimize exposure rather than move it to the correct section?

I love this game and I really want it to do well but communication between BHVR and the playerbase is really poor in my opinion. Also, it seems that communication internally is also lacking, look at how they handled colorblind settings.

How do you all feel about this? It would be good to hear your thoughts, let's try to keep it civil.

Comments

• Madjura
    Madjura Member Posts: 2,446
    edited February 2021

Technically your thread belongs in that subforum, the problem is more that certain subforums don't get read.

Example:

This thread was in the "Forum Feedback" subforum for 18 days, until I flagged it to be moved to the correct subforum. No one bothered to read this subforum for 18 days - the thread was near the top, it clearly did not belong there based on the title alone (not even necessary to open and read the thread to see it should be moved).

There is a high chance that only threads / posts in the "Recent Discussions" list are read (you can find it here: you can find it here: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussions) ) and everything else may as well not exist.

A lengthy, more detailed discussion about this problem can be found here: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/215049/do-you-believe-in-forum-deadzones (which ironically was also ignored).

There used to be (maybe it still exists?) a reaction called "BHVR Read" that is only usable by developers and which could (can) be used to show that a thread has been read (essentially a "Vote Up" button, but only clickable by developers). It is unknown why that isn't being used anymore, see also https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/175128/why-is-the-bhvr-read-reaction-not-used-anymore (again completely ignored).

• Ryuzaki
    Ryuzaki Member Posts: 688
    edited February 2021

@Madjura That's one of my points, it seems any threads created or moved to lesser used categories (in this instance, 'Optimization') are left ignored by either the mods or developers as they are hidden away and left unanswered.

Post edited by Ryuzaki on
  • ClaudioFrosty
    ClaudioFrosty Member Posts: 12

The only time I recall there being communication with the player base and the development team was for the Decisive Strike changes, because Killers were frustrated about how it worked and how it could literally cost them their games. There might have been more since then, but I don't actively look for where the communication is tbh. I only look at the BHVR Twitter page to see when the PTB is out so I can download it.

• OniWantsYourMacaroni
    OniWantsYourMacaroni Member Posts: 5,944
    edited February 2021

I mean,it was moved to the right category.

However,it may aswell be deleted because absolutely no dev or mod is in the optimization category.

Like,go there and filter for "Acknowledged" posts.Of all posts there you'll see exactly one post.

That already says how much they care about optimization :^)