People make fun of you for using BT or DS

But since 90% of my games ( solo ) im dealing with campers/tunnelers, ( playing 3 games in a row like this for like 25 minutes wow gg red ranks a very enjoyable experience ! ) im forced to use this perks. Change my mind

Comments

• Mugombo
    Mugombo Member Posts: 509

You’re not allowed to use perks as a survivor

• tt_ivi_99
    tt_ivi_99 Member Posts: 1,463

You are free to use whatever you want, people like you really have to stop caring about what players think...

It's just a ######### game.

• NoOneKnowsNova
    NoOneKnowsNova Member Posts: 2,785

I rarely experience either at red ranks, yet you're experiencing it 3 times in a row?

You're having a very unlucky day my guy.

• Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,590
    edited February 2021

I can promise you you're reason for dying isn't camping or tunneling nearly as much as you think it is. Very rarely is a situation for me inescapable without having DS, BT etc. The vast majority of the time me or my team playing the situation correctly can get me out. A lot of the time people just play bad and decide it's because they needed those perks as a lack of responsibility for what happened.

This is also assuming they are even camping or tunneling as much as you feel they are, which is generally not nearly as often as people like to say it is. IE your teammate sprinting across the map for a save and leaving a giant red trail that the killer sees and decides to follow back to the hook isn't camping.

I don't run any of these anti-camp/tunnel second chance perks at all and am almost never legitimately camped or tunneled to where I couldn't survive without them.

IE it's a skill issue more often that not, not a camping or tunneling issue, generally speaking. There are always some exceptions obviously.

• Bullettimegod
    Bullettimegod Member Posts: 994

Tbh, i complain about bt, but because it promotes bad unhealthy gameplay. Like it im chasing a surv and that surv goes for the unhook infront of me because bt.

• Nossy
    Nossy Member Posts: 118

I know I will not change your mind but the real problem with DS is that this perk, especially at high lvl, is used like an invincibility time to do objectives. Atm it punish mostly fair killers for being too efficient (this efficiency is sometimes caused by survivors poor playing/mismatched), meaning that even if you hook 1 or 2 surv between, you may have to eat it tho you tried your best to play fair and let them a chance.

Also don't fool yourself, DS will not protect you against real tunneler, a real tunneler dont care at all, he will eat it and go chase you as soon as the 5s stun fade, that why its called like that => tunnel vision.

• oxygen
    oxygen Member Posts: 3,311

Use whatever you want and ignore people that attack you for using perks they dislike. If they can't focus on the perks instead of people using them, they're already being unreasonable and pretty scrubby.

Just don't complain about players if someone else uses something you dislike, it obviously goes both ways.

• Shirokinukatsukami
    Shirokinukatsukami Member Posts: 1,624
    edited February 2021

Then hit him and he stops doing objectives. Why is that so hard?

And if you're so good taht you can hook 2 survivors in 1 minute, then why are you even complaining? You for sure steamrolled that match if you can down 3 survivors in less than a minute.

• Mandy
    Mandy Administrator, Dev, Community Manager Posts: 22,964

Honestly, just use whatever perks you want to use - they're in the game to be used, so do it!

• CheyeneKL
    CheyeneKL Member Posts: 723

More often than straight up camping, there are the killers who IMMEDIATELY book it back to the hook as soon as they get the unhook notification, even if they have something better to do (like check up on gens or even chase someone else). That has absolutely nothing to do with whether you or your teammates play it well, since there is nothing they can do to stop a killer from getting notified of an unhook, obviously. My boyfriend and I both will get camped or tunneled literally just for looping well relatively often. I've had plenty of matches where the killer would even drop a chase to immediately head back to hook as soon as he heard the notification.

DS and BT aren't a guarantee that you'll survive if they decide they want you dead, but it definitely gives you a fighting chance when you don't have the actual fair playing field (being allowed to heal, pick a better position to have a chase started, etc.) available to you.

Your point isn't wrong, obviously, as there are plenty of times the team screws you over by playing poorly or you make a mistake yourself, but in MY own personal experience... I've definitely gotten the "I am gonna make sure this survivor gets deleted while I have them weak" situation just as often, if not more often, than any other scenarios and I think it's at least a little more common than you are currently giving it credit for, even though you do point out that you're speaking generally.

(As a side note, I haven't run DS in a HOT minute, and I usually don't run into any issues not running it, but within the past few weeks I've had a LOT of matches where I wish I had it equipped due to killer behavior that was completely out of my control)

• Yords
    Yords Member Posts: 5,781

I doubt that most of your games at high ranks have tunneling and camping every game.

• GoobyNugget
    GoobyNugget Member Posts: 698

People make fun of people using BT or DS? what the hell? they're perks, you're meant to use them.

• The_Krapper
    The_Krapper Member Posts: 3,259

Who cares what you run? People are always salty when they lose and will make every excuse in the book for why they lost rather than adapting, if someone complains about BT a perk that only works if the killer is in radius of the hook that kinda speaks for itself with their skill level and the way they were intending to play that game anyway, ds has it's broken moments I can't lie about that but there are plenty of times where it works just as it was intended to prevent someone from getting immediately tunneled off hook.

• Nossy
    Nossy Member Posts: 118

....Where did you see I was complaining ? OP asked a question, I tried to answer him honestly to give him clues why people dislike it...I don't care if you use DS or all the perks you seem fit to your gameplay, it will not change my gameplay, it will not impact the fun I can have in this game, it will not change my win rate xD

Like it has been said many time in this thread and others, play with all the game give you and how you want to play, who care about what others say about it.

• Deathslinger_Main
    Deathslinger_Main Member Posts: 75

BT is all around balanced but using D/S unbreakable and playing around it can get obnoxious. If you want to run it that's fine but dont whine about the killer's choice of perks

• apathyinc
    apathyinc Member Posts: 461

I have the same experience, I really hardly ever get tunneled or camped. I wondered if this was just a red rank thing, so I started a fresh account from 20 and played into the purple ranks, and still it rarely happened.

Being slugged though I can't say the same for, I get slugged all the time.

• Nosferatu3145
    Nosferatu3145 Member Posts: 542

Checking gens don't need to be a priority when you play killer, if you are not chasing anyone and someone got unhooked, going back there is the smart thing to do. You know for sure that there are 2 survivors there and they're probably healing under the hook (or doing a gen nearby if the unhooked has DS)

• GrimmReaper
    GrimmReaper Member Posts: 159

I like how this thread has people saying use what you want yet when there's a thread where a killer mentions they are going to start using ruin/undying they get called a skill-less ######### lol

• darktrix
    darktrix Member Posts: 1,790
    edited February 2021

Made fun of by who? The people that are trying to kill you? Who cares what some low tactics scum thinks who, when they see no obsession in game, will gleefully tunnel or camp without worry of bt or ds.

• GrimmReaper
    GrimmReaper Member Posts: 159

That would go against the rule of naming and shaming which is not what I am here to do. Look for the thread titled something along the lines of "When Ruin/Undying is nerfed I'm leaving" you'll find it there unless it's been deleted. Pretty sure the "Bye-Bye" thread has people calling the OP skill-less for using NOED. Look for it and you'll find the double standards here.

• EvanSnowWolf
    EvanSnowWolf Member Posts: 1,583

Well at least it's not Decisive Strike and Unbreakable.

• hatchking
    hatchking Member Posts: 312

I think the complaints are a dual edge sword you don't like mori I don't like key you don't like op perks I don't like second chance perks you don't like facecamp/tunnel I don't like flashlight click/t-bag and so on

• Johnny_XMan
    Johnny_XMan Member Posts: 6,430

Use whatever perks you want, they don’t justify why they have to borederline abuse their built in mechanics, so why should you for using perks?

I run DS a lot because killers have the option to tunnel in every match. Regardless of who or if anyone has DS.

• kyogul
    kyogul Member Posts: 491

But yet if you run DS and unbreakable you get called small dick or running "small pp build" but there's no pejorative term for similar builds/add ons for killer

• jrinkwater
    jrinkwater Member Posts: 314

Uh... red ranks are full of campers and tunnelers. Actually, moreso than any other from experience. Though I don't mind cause I still figure out how to win most of the time... it's rampant.

• Dwight_Fairfield
    Dwight_Fairfield Member Posts: 6,904

Killers are made fun of for using Noed and Ruin/Undying. Its a two way street where each side shames the other for using certain perks.

• vacaman
    vacaman Member Posts: 1,140

I think i've never heard any serious complaint about BT

• TheWarNung
    TheWarNung Member Posts: 794

As a killer main I'd say it's more about playstyle than perks. I dont much care about survivors who use DS and BT to discourage naughty killer behavior. I use those perks too as survivor.

But then you get the survivor like I had last night who unhooked herself with Deliverance and then started doing gens in my face because she had DS and UB and was completely invulnerable. That's just an obnoxious playstyle. And for some reason those are always the ones who complain when I use meta perks.

• CheyeneKL
    CheyeneKL Member Posts: 723

That's kind of besides the point- obviously it's the smart thing to go to a hook sometimes. Most killers I play against almost exclusively do that. The nicer ones chase the healthy survivor, the more scummy ones go after the guy who just got unhooked and literally hasn't had even 2 seconds to try to go reset and heal somewhere safe. I'm talking about the situation where the killer has MULTIPLE different options other than chasing the guy who got unhooked, but chooses to do it anyways.

• Kind_Lemon
    Kind_Lemon Member Posts: 2,559

I make fun of myself when I run DS and/or BT.