Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Perfect Blue

megswifey
megswifey Member Posts: 826

Hey!

I am not used to talking in the off topic section, but I found my favorite anime of all time recently-- Perfect Blue. It's a psychological thriller and honestly if you like horror and dbd, I really recommend this film. If anyone has seen it, do you want to share theories about what happened? I have seen it twice now and both times I finished it with a headache from confusion and fear lol! I feel dread every time I hear the soundtrack (ESPECIALLY UCHIDA'S THEME :0!!!)

Comments

• WretchedElk
    WretchedElk Member Posts: 311

I don’t remember the plot being so complicated, but I probably haven’t seen it for a couple of years now.

From what I remember her fictional idol part of her personality is unhappy with the choice the real character has made, so she encourages the actions of her deranged fan.

If you liked this one try Paprika. It’s by the same director, but quite different.

• megswifey
    megswifey Member Posts: 826

//Spoilers lol!

I thought her other self was actually her agent? Because at the end she realized that the illusion of her idol self was rumi who always wanted to be an idol herself. And the real brain racking occurred when rumi killed people as mima and framed her as well, and even had a fake apartment just like Mima's! Also the dream sequences and the death of the stalker!! It was a great film but wow even after re watching it I have so many questions hhhh ;w; And yeah, I have heard Paprika is good! I started reading Junji Ito and Shuzo Ishimi and honestly I adore the surreal situations they portray, so maybe Paprika falls in the same category :)!

• WretchedElk
    WretchedElk Member Posts: 311

The film is twenty years old, so...

I don’t remember most of the stuff with her agent, I guess I need to watch it again.

Paprkia is just as complicated. It’s about dreams. Kind of like inception, but was made years before that film.

I’ve read a couple of Junji Ito’s books, Paprika isn’t as gorey/gross looking. I’ve seen a few films based on his comics (Uzumaki, Gyo, Tomie Unleashed). They’re weird, and cheap, but worth watching if you can find copies in English.

• bobby101
    bobby101 Member Posts: 1

Bruh u predicted the future

• Beelzeboop
    Beelzeboop Member Posts: 1,306

Funny thing, a lot of the theories about what the killer in the new chapter is gonna be essentially paint it as Korean Perfect Blue, with as much K-Pop as you would expect from that concept.