The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Whats up with the whole Us VS Them thing?

Why can nobody have an actual debate without people bringing up one thing that is wrong with the other side and making it a whole Us VS Them debate not whats better for the overall health of the game.

Comments

• Chchchcheryl
    Chchchcheryl Member Posts: 1,531

Human nature, it's stupid but in the end people think other people's suffering is funny and try to make the other sides life miserable, its a convoluted form of patriotism

• MadLordJack
    MadLordJack Member Posts: 8,814

Because whattabouting and tit-for-tat is a thing that humans in general just absolutely adore. I say I hate Undying, someone else says "but DS!!!!!!".

• Orionbash
    Orionbash Member Posts: 765
    edited February 2021

Because 100% killer-only mains (Of which I'm convinced there are a lot of them) have no idea what the other side is actually like. They play the game, refusing to get better or try new strategies, and instead just want to find a survivor, M1 in seconds, down, and then BBQ over to the next survivor to do the same. But because of this they get roflstomped by mediocre survivors and assume that survivor is easy mode because they get beat all the time. There's actually a YouTuber who mains killer and is therefore heavily-biased towards killer that played survivor for the first time a while back and got absolutely destroyed after constantly talking about how, "easy" survivor is. They didn't even finish two generators.

Decisions about balance should never be influenced by those who only play one side.

• gibblywibblywoo
    gibblywibblywoo Member Posts: 3,772

A significant portion of this games players ONLY play one side. So their opinions and views on the right choices for killer/perk balance is extremely skewed. There's also a lot of not-good players here which is usually given away by specific complaints.

• Mikeasaurus
    Mikeasaurus Member Posts: 2,327

It's humans being humans. Give people 2 sides and a vast majority will choose only 1. A few will choose both sides and understand more, where the ones who choose the single side will never see a point the other is making and always try to point out a negative about it.

• Hardly any DBD player plays more than just one side. A killer will want DS to be nerfed because they find it annoying while a survivor will want Undying nerfed because they find it annoying. Killer mains will say survivor is easy while a survivor main wants all killers nerfed to hell until it's not fun to play killer.

• ASpazNamedSteve
    ASpazNamedSteve Member Posts: 1,784

Welcome to DBD.

• tippy2k2
    tippy2k2 Member Posts: 5,164

As others have stated, there are too many players who exclusively play only one side (or they play the other side only when forced to kicking and screaming like for Rifts/Daily Challenges).

I've learned so much in terms of strategy and plays because that have helped me be a better killer playing as a survivor (and vice versa). I'd like to think this makes my thoughts on changes a lot less bias but it's amazing how often I'll say X and be called an entitled X main when I'm Red Rank in both Survivor and Killer (though I do play more killer than survivor since as a solo, trying to get a game in the evening as a survivor takes a year and a half give or take).

• Mandy
    Mandy Administrator, Dev, Community Manager Posts: 22,896

A lot of people don't think about the game overall, but for what helps them personally. Their opinion is affected by what side they play, skill level etc. I think it's the nature of any PvP game, and is pretty inevitable. Those who play both sides even are the same, they can be biased to one side more than the other...that's part of why it's important we go through feedback carefully.