Why The DS Changes Are Good... for me anyway.

How to use DS as a toxic perk? Just run it, it's that easy right? Not really, in order to understand why the changes are without a doubt the best thing about this perk, you need to understand how to really make DS a toxic perk.

So many people think running DS and Unbreakable together is the toxic format, but it really isn't the MOST toxic way you can run the two together. The absolute most toxic way to run the perks together, with the addition of a couple more is as follows:

• Build: DS, Unbreakable, Head On, Quick and Quiet (optionally switched with Adrenaline)
  • Step 1: Get unhooked (clearly)
  • Step 2: Run at the killer, or in their general direction to get their attention
  • Step 3: When the killer goes back onto you, proceed to loop them for (preferably) 45 seconds
  • Step 4: If at any point you are about to go down, or have hit the 45 seconds, JUMP IN LOCKER
  • Step 5: The killer is now left with two options, to either grab you, or ignore you
  • Step 6a: They grab you, you DS them, you continue with looping, good teammates (or being in a SWF) will be fully healed and/or working on gens, and 2-3 gens should easily pop in that time (if you made it the full 45 seconds)
  • Step 6b: They ignore you, and you wait out the rest of the timer and if the killer is near, when they come back hit them with Head On. Continue looping, and 2-3 gens should easily pop in that time (if you made it the full 45 seconds)
  • Alternatively, steps 4-6 can be avoided if downed, in which case, use Unbreakable and start working on a gen yourself.
  • Bonus: Make this happen near the last gen being completed to use your DS, then get Adrenaline shortly after if you are running it.

Very few people run DS that way, but it makes the perk about 100X more effective for getting gens done, and keeps teammates from being tracked after you go down as they should all be full health. The best part about it, the changes to DS don't even bother me using the perk in the same way I have since its initial rework. I don't perform interactions with gens, healing others, etc. I still have a free pass for looping killers and still getting to use the perk. My '60 seconds of immunity' doesn't even let the killer get a chance to chase someone else in there and make it where only 2/4 players are working on gens.

Spreading the word about the best way to get around the changes, and give killers even more of a rough time when the changes go live. This nerf is done in the worst way possible, still allowing for a back-door way to use the perk. RUN AT KILLER, LOOP KILLER, HOP INTO LOCKER, STILL USE PERK.

Comments