Survivor Perks you dislike playing against as Killer

gatsby
gatsby Member Posts: 2,533
edited February 2021 in General Discussions

I have my own list and want to know what other Killers dislike.

(Decisive, Unbreakable, Dead Hard and Sprint Burst would probably be on everyone’s lists so no reason to mention them)

Comments

• SilentPill
    SilentPill Member Posts: 1,302

The healing build can be super annoying to deal with as a hit and run killer.

Botany, self care, desperate measures, and then maybe built to last or resilience along with a purple medkit has them healing up in like 7-8 seconds or something ridiculous; making spreading damage impossible.

Power struggle can be super annoying since if you are slugging it essentially can turn into a reusable unbreakable.

Immersed survivors with urban / balanced landing / etc can also be really annoying but thankfully most survivors are not that good at stealth play.

And finally deliverance can be such a middle finger near the endgame, no other perk robs me as hard as the last guy deliverancing off the hook when I’m trying to camp out a 1k

• WishIcouldmain
    WishIcouldmain Member Posts: 4,082

Prove Thyself everytime I tell myself there's enough time the gen pops I then see post game there was Prove Thyself still don't know why the perk isn't meta.

• EvanSnowWolf
    EvanSnowWolf Member Posts: 1,583

As a Killer there really aren't any Survivor perks I really hate. Most Survivor perks that annoy me I remind myself exist for valid reasons, like Borrowed Time.

If I had to pick one, I would say Head On - it's almost always used as a troll tactic to run into a locker on purpose and then smack the Killer. It basically turns every locker on the map into a pallet with infinite uses.

• AChaoticKiller
    AChaoticKiller Member Posts: 3,104

dead hard

not because it's strong i'm actually fine with the perk... other than the fact that when a survivor uses it near me my frames often drop so low that i can't bait it or play around it making it a perk that works against me nearly every time for a bs reason.

• vacaman
    vacaman Member Posts: 1,140

We'll make it against good survivors that make use of it. It really becomes a headache of a perk to deal with.

• bm33
    bm33 Member Posts: 8,162

Iron Will. Miss out on the satisfaction of screams when survivors step in my traps. Also survivors will use it to try to have me lose them in chase near other survivors through out the match and I hate when survivors screw over teammates.

• Phasmamain
    Phasmamain Member Posts: 11,531

Repressed alliance: I just want to pop the gen man:(

• TransverseCaster
    TransverseCaster Member Posts: 543

It's astounding that two of the worst survivor perks were released on one survivor and they're both getting nerfed, and OoO was released with a survivor as a hardcounter to the killer that came out along with that perk.

• kyogul
    kyogul Member Posts: 491

Dead Hard is the only survivor perk that makes me MALD

When used right it is basically a free health state

• Beelzeboop
    Beelzeboop Member Posts: 1,306
    edited February 2021

Borrowed Time and Spine Chill.

Borrowed time because of the amount of protection hits I have to deal with.

Spine Chill because it virtually negates the powers of an entire category of killers, and my favorite one at that.

Dead hard is almost OK.

• LoneMaple
    LoneMaple Member Posts: 19

OoO takes the cake for me, only when it's SWF though.

Adrenaline, Deliverance and Borrowed Time are annoying to deal with. I don't mind Dead Hard as it can easily be negated if you stay patient in a chase.

• Crypticghoul
    Crypticghoul Member Posts: 572

OoO if they are in voice chat

Spine Chill if I'm playing Ghost Face or Pig

Dead Hard, while it wouldn't be ridiculous if it either gave on demand distance or i-frames, the both combined used to get to a pallet or window can extend a chase to the point where it loses you the game when you're not playing one of the top tier killers

• KingFrost
    KingFrost Member Posts: 3,014

Mettle of Man is annoying on the rare occasion it activates. You just never expect it, and then WHAM someone that should've went down doesn't.

No Mither is annoying because I always feel guilty killing them. What if they're just doing a rift challenge? If they're David, what if they're just trying to get their adept? Gah.

• dead hard, sprint burst and OoO.

Even DS doesn't tilt me but press E for distance is infuriating.

• Entity_Lich94
    Entity_Lich94 Member Posts: 320

Dead hard

I've really grown to hate this perk due to the fact it can make already strong loops even stronger. And if the survivor messes up that loop, dead hard can fix it for them.

• Exerath1992
    Exerath1992 Member Posts: 1,035

I hate borrowed time because survs will run up and unhook when I never had a chance to walk away and act like they're invincible, and they often get away with it!

I also hate going against boil over because I rely on hook auras a little too much.

• OoO. Playing trapper a lot lately, so I mean being reduced to only being able to use my M1 and no M2 like ever is quite depressing.

It's not even just losing to an overpowered perk, it's losing and not being able to even do the only fun thing your character does.

• YOURFRIEND
    YOURFRIEND Member Posts: 3,389

The only perk in the game that bothers me is dead hard. The animation looks buggy and feeling cheated out of a hit is just awful.

• MadLordJack
    MadLordJack Member Posts: 8,814

Adrenaline and Iron Will. I don't like that people can have a perk that lets them rush the last few gens with no consequence, and I don't like that survivors can equip a perk and make absolutely no noise at all in a game where you can crouch in a bush and be invisible. Also, with chase music drowning out footsteps and scratchmaeks randomly vanishing for no intelligent reason, it makes chases so much harder.

And I won't mention the perk you told us not to mention, but suffice it to say at least the other second chance perks are single-use.

• BreadPanda
    BreadPanda Member Posts: 16
    edited February 2021

Head On, Dead Hard, Deliverance, Spine Chill, Iron Will, and Sprint Burst. These are ok individually but when you go up against a full Spine Chill + Iron Will squad or a troll squad with everyone running Head On and Dead Hard, things become a headache and a half.

• JPA
    JPA Member Posts: 1,685

Dead Hard: Playing beyond a certain rank is tiresome as you basically have to hold back on pretty much every hit when someone is injured. If it's used to extend a chase that's already overran, it's literally game winning as well.

Adrenaline: this is a "win-more" perk at its best, to add insult to injury when you are getting beat, the person you were just about to finally down goes back to full health AND gets a speed boost, making the last 20 seconds or whatever you invested in a chase completely wasted.

DS: doesn't really need an explanation, but nothing quite like getting hit by the anti-tunnel perk when you are either doing well and cycling hooks so fast, or simply trying to rehook the 1 kill you managed to scrape by the end of the game which was just unhooked in your face. Nothing really makes you feel less powerless in the Killer role (other than the teabag which inevitably follows)

• TAG
    TAG Member Posts: 12,871

Adrenaline. It just feels so so so bad when the last gen pops and the whole team is now fully healed.

• SMitchell8
    SMitchell8 Member Posts: 3,302

Ooo

Dead hard (especially over bear traps)

DS

In that order.

• gibblywibblywoo
    gibblywibblywoo Member Posts: 3,772

Like others have said Object is just a "I'm going to make a sandwich" situation if I'm not a high mobility killer. DH I think is fine if the player isn't a literal looping god.

I've probably lost more games to Unbreakable than any other perk so I dislike that one a lot, but I get why it exists. Being slugged is very dull.

There aren't really many I "hate". Honestly I love getting caught off guard by a survivor using an uncommon perk to trick me in a chase or something.

• Squirrel_Thicc
    Squirrel_Thicc Member Posts: 2,677

Dead hard is my absolute least favorite perk to play against in the entire game.

• Karao_Ke
    Karao_Ke Member Posts: 1,221

Head On is quite annoying considering it barely even gives the survivor distance, but rather it's purpose is to troll the killer & make them mad. The only exception is if the survivor is running a build that synergizes with it (ex. Deception & Quick n Quiet).

• FFirebrandd
    FFirebrandd Member Posts: 2,445

Adrenaline. I really like how the game shifts after the last Generator pops. The whole thing gets a lot scrappier and more intense... and Adrenaline basically gives the Survivors a shortcut past it. Hate it so much.

Prove Thyself. It makes one of your Survivors significantly more of a threat with zero indication that it is in play, much less who has it. Don't like it. Don't think it should have gotten buffed back when the Gen stacking penalty got increased to 15%.

When I'm Myers especially T1 Myers... Spine Chill. Like... I'm undetectable. Outside of seeing me or hearing my breathing/footsteps, you should have no way to detect me. Why does one singular perk break that as bad as it does?

• gatsby
    gatsby Member Posts: 2,533

Spine Chill and Whispers are conditional perks, which means they light up as long as their conditions are met regardless of any statuses or perks a player may be running. That's just how they work

• FFirebrandd
    FFirebrandd Member Posts: 2,445