The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Randomly dying on struggle

It's happening everytime I reach struggle phase It used to happen a few months ago whilst panning camera with left hand, so I stopped doing that and kept camera perfectly still, yet now, im,dying after about 10 seconds of struggling. Been playing this game for well over 3 years and not had a problem until a few months ago. Struggle phase isn't making my survivor experience unplayable atm and it obviously has a detrimental effect to my teammates who I'm letting down.

I tap the X button at a consistent and failry quick speed, but there's clearly an underlying issue.

Comments

• bm33
    bm33 Member Posts: 8,152

If on ps4 there are triggers in the game that will cause FPS drops. If you're in middle of struggle during these it can kill you. Gens finishing, doctor shock/blast or survivor scream when at full madness, another survivor being hooked/sacrificed, someone getting hit with sloppy nearby - these are just some of the triggers for survivor fps drops that will cause you to die during struggle.

• SMitchell8
    SMitchell8 Member Posts: 3,302

Just happened again, was having a great match against an Oni, 1 gen left 3 alive. Struggle ended after about 4 seconds. I used my finger to spam it and made no difference :/

So survivor mode is broken then?

• VaJaybles
    VaJaybles Member Posts: 658

Dude, happens to me too. Sloppy, wraith uncloaking, lag spike, someone else gets hooked/hit, good ole console

• tippy2k2
    tippy2k2 Member Posts: 5,169

Hey, you have a buddy!

Maybe there is more to this than just the craptastic framerate on the last gen systems getting people killed...

• Zeus
    Zeus Member Posts: 2,112

If there is actually an issue with this then the Devs are highly likely to change struggle altogether instead of fixing it.

• SMitchell8
    SMitchell8 Member Posts: 3,302

I'm on Ps4 pro. Had no issues at all on ps4 normal. No issues when playing killer or any other aspect of the game.

• InsaneCoaster
    InsaneCoaster Member Posts: 305

I used to have the same problem every now and again ages ago (on the same PC as I'm using currently), and what fixed it for me was changing my struggle key. (For me I changed it to F from Space, but you'd have to do something else on console of course). My previous keyboard had a slightly dodgy space bar which I think was the issue, but based on what you're describing, this seems to be a different issue unless your X key has a dodgy sensor.

I know a lot of people use mouse wheel down for struggle, but again that wouldn't work on console for obvious reasons.

• bm33
    bm33 Member Posts: 8,152

It's been an issue for awhile for ps4/Xbox one/switch. In this post from the summer (https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/187573/console-optimization/p1) players listed triggers for both sides that would cause fps drops on console and what would happen to impact the game from the drops, including struggle deaths. Apparently if you upgrade your console to ps5/Xbox series x they power through performance issues.

• lagosta
    lagosta Member Posts: 1,871

Lag spike or frame drop maybe?

Devs are investigating console frame dropping.

• EvilJoshy
    EvilJoshy Member Posts: 5,295

I have the same problem but on PC. Either I'm mashing the spacebar too fast, not enough or it's something else. It only happens once in awhile for me.