Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Please show your Key Data......

I see you say that the escape rate is low. But just yesterday alone 9/10 match a key was the reason for any escapes in the match. Please tell me how your data claims the escape rate is so low???? How is it fair that a killer plays super well and the survivors make mistake after mistake but are still able to escape with with a key. This is something from the Devs that do not believe.

Comments

• Monarch
    Monarch Member Posts: 148

because this type of data is called Big Data(definition: Big data is a term that describes the large volume of data – both structured and unstructured – that inundates a business on a day-to-day basis. But it's not the amount of data that's important. It's what organizations do with the data that matters.)

and while it may be useful in certain uses, they ignore anecdotal data or how it feels to play against.

Big data says 75/100 times a key is used it is never used to unlock hatch, so they don't think it's a problem, yet they ignore the fact that in those 25 times the survivor team get 1-4 free escapes.

This statement is mainly made off of something almo said regarding big data, I don't hate almo, just the stupid things he says sometimes.

Thankfully, thye have said they're working on a fix for keys, so hopefully they'll be out in 2021 but let's face it, 2023 would be like praying to a witch god that you became god, so don't hold your breath unless you like suffocating yourself.

• Shirokinukatsukami
    Shirokinukatsukami Member Posts: 1,624
    edited February 2021

That's just you bad at killing survivors. Git gud good sir.

If the survivor escaped via hatch key the killer did not "play super well."

That you actually think so tells me a lot about your actual skill level and your standards of what "super well" is.

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 16,060

In all the games I have played yesterday (roughly around 10, I guess), neither of them was a Key escape. So what makes you think that your data is valuable? Those are a few games, same for mine.

Let alone, whenever the Devs post Data, people claim that those stats are fake.

• TicTac
    TicTac Member Posts: 2,406

Keys really dont get used often. For a key use you need a fair match.

When the killer is too strong, they will not get 3 gens done and the last two get slugged.

When the survivor are too strong they do the exit gates.

Keys are only effective used when both sides could win the match. And thats the problem. Who cares for matches which are decided from the start anyway? Keys ruin the fair matches, so for me the interesting and fun ones.

• PodgeNotRodge
    PodgeNotRodge Member Posts: 478
    edited February 2021

🤣🤣🤣 might aswell take a dump in his bed while you're at it. Damn bruh.

• TicTac
    TicTac Member Posts: 2,406

I wouldnt say the killer didnt play super well. (Most of the time the killer didnt, but even if he was it doesnt matter)

The problem here is that it doesnt matter when survivor do many mistakes. It only matters when one of the mistakes of the survivor is to not do gens. But if they do gens, they can make many mistakes in chase and still have enough time to do gens. (For sure it depends on killer, map etc)

Keys are not a free escape, but an unnecessary strong buff for a match.

• Zagrid
    Zagrid Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 1,000

Onstream they said that the people who bring in keys have an escape rate with them in the single digits of %s

Now this number is exactly like OoO stats. The people who bring OoO and keys are usually the players that get tunneled out of the game the fastest, so just because people that use them die a lot, that doesn't mean they are not a problem still.

• ChurchofPig
    ChurchofPig Member Posts: 2,763

For this I think I'm going to have to disagree. They did not specify when the hatch spawned. Did they kill 3 close the hatch and then a key was in play? Were 2 people dead with 2 gens left and they crouched around until they found the hatch? If it were 3 people with 1 gen left or 4 people escape, in those cases I'll agree with you but if 2 people are dead with 2 gens left I think you're in a pretty good spot as killer with that situation (assuming no keys).

• HectorBrando
    HectorBrando Member Posts: 3,167

Because what happened yesterday in 10 games are not enough samples to tilt the data, its like adding a drop of poison into the ocean and expecting to kill every fish in the world.

I played 10 games yesterday and we got decimated by Clown 9 out 10 times, my data suggest Clown should be nerfed not buffed.

• ill_Boston_lli
    ill_Boston_lli Member Posts: 899

Im not talking about just yesterday. This is a daily occurrence. that day was simply an example of my daily games .

• ill_Boston_lli

had 3 survivors dead hook and had killed one. and a key gives them a 3 escape. 9 hooks 3 away from a 12 hook game but unfortunately i played bad.

• chadbeastofprey
    chadbeastofprey Member Posts: 437

they are working on a key adjustment. they said the key escape rate is in the single digit percentage, what more do you need?

• ill_Boston_lli

i Just want to see it. I feel its alot more than they let on. Just doesn't make sense. Its also not just about whether they escape or not. A killer sees a key and now needs to worry not only about the gens but an item. An item that gives survivors escapes for not doing the full objective 99% of the time. I dont believe its in the single digits. I think thats ALL ranks

• HectorBrando
    HectorBrando Member Posts: 3,167
    edited February 2021

I dont believe it, either thats a gross exageration, a lie or you have very selective memory. Ive played a lot of games these last days and Ive seen keys in 4 of them, I dont think they amount to being 5% of the matches ive played, and one of them was a key with plunderers, several chest offerings and one guy with Appraisal and Im Rank1 Killer so its not because I play against grays who dont even know what the Hatch or Keys are.

On top of that if people were encountering Keys in such high amount of games the forum and Reddit would be swarming with threads and they are not like when they changed Ruin and every Killer spammed Ebonies during a week.