If you were affected by the Grade Reset Bloodpoints not being awarded properly, you will receive any missing Bloodpoints shortly. You may need to restart your game for the rewards to appear. Thank you for your patience!

Very disappointed in with the Devs today....

Options
FSB75
FSB75 Member Posts: 474

Why did you remove the "Report a cheater" option on the official site? Are we suppose to use the "other" option?

Cheats are not good for the health of any game, this much is known...but to completely ignore them is even worse. I'm sure Dev skin is thick enough to endure this type of polite criticism. It just bothers me because I KNOW, for a fact, that the option was removed, making it intentional, and less than a month change.

Comments

• Jack11803
    Jack11803 Member Posts: 3,930
    Options

@FSB75 said:
    Why did you remove the "Report a cheater" option on the official site? Are we suppose to use the "other" option?

Cheats are not good for the health of any game, this much is known...but to completely ignore them is even worse. I'm sure Dev skin is thick enough to endure this type of polite criticism. It just bothers me because I KNOW, for a fact, that the option was removed, making it intentional, and less than a month change.

They are currently overhauling it.

• FSB75
    Options

@Jack11803 said:

Do you have a source to cite? The option IS coming back?

finger guns ;)

• Lowbei
    Lowbei Member Posts: 2,637
    Options
    Again, “they are overhauling it” isnt a valid excuse for removing a functioning report system and leaving the community without one for months.
  • Jack11803
    edited June 2018
    Options

@FSB75 said:

@Jack11803 said:

finger guns ;)

Like most my info, they just say it on dev streams or QnA’s on YouTube/Twitch, really recent ones for this topic. FINGERGUNS!

• FSB75
    Options

@Lowbei said:
    Again, “they are overhauling it” isnt a valid excuse for removing a functioning report system and leaving the community without one for months.

I might disagree with you. The system they had took a very long time to upload a mere 1 minute video. Although straight forward, it still wasn't very intuitive. It was more "faith based" that your ticket and video were actually sent properly.

I'm more than willing to exercise patience for a more efficient means to report cheaters.

I'm more concerned with how the mods here, and the devs react to these questions. At no other point in gaming have gamers been ale to provide as much detail when experiencing a cheater than we now have. With video capture tech a common place option, players no longer have mere screenshots, and story, and trust to report a cheater.

• FSB75
    Options

@Jack11803 said:

Like most my info, they just say it on dev streams or QnA’s on YouTube/Twitch, really recent ones for this topic. FINGERGUNS!

I try to catch as much information about times and dates for this type of communication. However, it seems really sporadic. I have as many notifications turned on as I can think of. Twitch, YT, Twitter. I trust you, and you say they specifically mentioned a cheating report system overall....good enough for me.

Would be nice though if they had a forum employee (not a mod, and actual employee, on the payroll) to go over or highlight (not everything) some of these items and pin them. Now that the game has an official forum....this is where I'm going to get 80% of all information.

FINGERGUNS!

• Zagrid
    Zagrid Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 1,000
    Options

@Jack11803 said:

@FSB75 said:

@Jack11803 said:

finger guns ;)

Who needs finger guns when you got David's new skin. THEM GUNS THO

• Jack11803
    Options

@FSB75 said:

@Jack11803 said:

I try to catch as much information about times and dates for this type of communication. However, it seems really sporadic. I have as many notifications turned on as I can think of. Twitch, YT, Twitter. I trust you, and you say they specifically mentioned a cheating report system overall....good enough for me.

Would be nice though if they had a forum employee (not a mod, and actual employee, on the payroll) to go over or highlight (not everything) some of these items and pin them. Now that the game has an official forum....this is where I'm going to get 80% of all information.

FINGERGUNS!

Aho you stole my color~ There’s about to be a murder here

• Lowbei
    Options
    FSB75 said:

@Lowbei said:

I might disagree with you. The system they had took a very long time to upload a mere 1 minute video. Although straight forward, it still wasn't very intuitive. It was more "faith based" that your ticket and video were actually sent properly.

I'm more than willing to exercise patience for a more efficient means to report cheaters.

I'm more concerned with how the mods here, and the devs react to these questions. At no other point in gaming have gamers been ale to provide as much detail when experiencing a cheater than we now have. With video capture tech a common place option, players no longer have mere screenshots, and story, and trust to report a cheater.

JUST wow. Again, you are ok with them removing the previous system that WAS functional, because they are WORKING on a new one.

Are people just stupid, or am i missing something?
  • Jack11803
    edited June 2018
    Options

@Lowbei

Legend has it he never got an answer...and wonders the rest of his life...were they all #########...or was he missing something

• Lowbei
    Options
    Jack11803 said:

@Lowbei

Legend has it he never got an answer...and wonders the rest of his life...were they all #########...or was he missing something

literally every time i ask the question, some idiot says “derrrr well they are making a new one!”

thats not answering the question, at all.
  • Jack11803
    Options

@Lowbei said:
    Jack11803 said:

@Lowbei

literally every time i ask the question, some idiot says “derrrr well they are making a new one!”

thats not answering the question, at all.

Only thing idiotic is the most recent post I made

• FSB75
    edited June 2018
    Options

@Lowbei said:
    FSB75 said:

JUST wow. Again, you are ok with them removing the previous system that WAS functional, because they are WORKING on a new one.

I'd like to consider myself reasonable.

Would I like a dev to actually comment to confirm or deny...absolutely. That would be THE best possible outcome.

Then again, I once had a Community Manager swear that CoD:MW2 would have public server files like all previous games just 3 months before release and the game ended up being P2P. As if that's a decision made, executed, and released within 3 months. Has that,, and many other experiences, made be a bit jaded? Perhaps.

Nonetheless, I do my best to approach a new set of Devs working on a new game I'm playing with a sense of optimism. Truth be told, this game doesn't have a many "detectable" cheaters. As such, the ability to report them falls into a low priority for me....that's a personal choice, neither right or wrong.

The old system WAS sketchy, at best. I'm ignorant to how much interaction you had with it, but for me, there was little confirmation the report or evidence was received.

My biggest issue right now is the game locking up about every 3rd trial. If the game would just keep playing, I wouldn't be here checking the forums in between restarting the game.

FINGERGUNS!

• Jack11803
    edited June 2018
    Options

@FSB75 said:

@Lowbei said:
    FSB75 said:

I'd like to consider myself reasonable.

Would I like a dev to actually comment to confirm or deny...absolutely. That would be THE best possible outcome.

Then again, I once had a Community Manager swear that CoD:MW2 would have public server files like all previous games just 3 months before release and the game ended up being P2P. As if that's a decision made, executed, and released within 3 months. Has that,, and many other experiences, made be a bit jaded? Perhaps.

Nonetheless, I do my best to approach a new set of Devs working on a new game I'm playing with a sense of optimism. Truth be told, this game doesn't have a many "detectable" cheaters. As such, the ability to report them falls into a low priority for me....that's a personal choice, neither right or wrong.

The old system WAS sketchy, at best. I'm ignorant to how much interaction you had with it, but for me, there was little confirmation the report or evidence was received.

My biggest issue right now is the game locking up about every 3rd trial. If the game would just keep playing, I wouldn't be here checking the forums in between restarting the game.

FINGERGUNS!

BOI YOU BETTER STOP!

• Mc_Harty
    Mc_Harty Member Posts: 3,293
    Options
    Fun fact @Jack11803, that font colour is hard to read on mobile.
  • Jack11803
    edited June 2018
    Options

@Mc_Harty said:

I use mobile, and hand picked it from my chart.... I’m aware ;p

• Mc_Harty
    Mc_Harty Member Posts: 3,293
    Options
    Jack11803 said:

You monster...
  • weirdkid5
    weirdkid5 Member Posts: 2,144
    edited June 2018
    Options

@Jack11803 said:

@Mc_Harty said:

We could always pick black muahaha

• Jack11803
    edited June 2018
    Options

@weirdkid5 said:

@Jack11803 said:

@Mc_Harty said:

We could always pick black muahaha

Just noticed you type the color name, not code. I’m a dedicated green main, and it will always be 00d009 to me!

• AlexAnarchy
    AlexAnarchy Member Posts: 685
    edited June 2018
    Options

Just noticed this as well...Hmmmm I guess we will have a new reporting system SOON tm.