Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

OFFICIAL PLEASE PUT THE UI BACK TO OLD VERSION PETITION

12346»

Comments

• Kaethela
    Kaethela Member Posts: 348

+1 to this UI being complete and total garbage. I'm colorblind, which makes the UI bad enough as is. The health bar is MINISCULE and downright impossible to see how far along someone is on the hook. It's all over the place.

Whoever designed this should be fired.

• Screenee
    Screenee Member Posts: 6

I'm not angry about the update anymore. I am just bored.

After the update I played one single game and then turned DBD off. It lost it's charm. The HUD is bad, very bad, but that is not the reason. I liked the movements and enyoyed seeing Meg or Elody or Kate standing, walking and running. Now I look onto robots. And the steering, which in fact was the best of all games I ever played, changed poorly. My interest into the game rapidly sank below zero. There is nothing more to identify with but stupid, stiff figures. I don't have to look onto this unnatural animations. There are other games to play. DBD is no fun anymore. And I have no hope, that these unneccessary changes will be reverted.

• juanwheyne
    juanwheyne Member Posts: 1
    edited February 2021

This is me making an account just to *sign this petition. UI bad, animations bad. I dont know a lot about WHAT they changed, but I feel like my character is moving slower(probably just weird animation), the music keeps changing randomly wether Im in the terror radius or not, and oddly enough I feel like my character model has gotten larger and fills up more of the screen? FOV change? I dont know whats going on but everything, not just the UI (which is certainly the strangest part) feels off.

Edit: I found something I Do like! The character icons to show whos who was a good choice! very helpful!

• Vors
    Vors Member Posts: 11

Yes bring back old UI or update it a little, save my eyes.

• Udub
    Udub Member Posts: 5

They said they could on the discord. They're dumb. BHVR are the worst devs of any game I have ever played.

• Bardon
    Bardon Member Posts: 1,004

The main issue I have the the UI is th

Firstly, the placement. Sprawling the information all over the corners means that you have to keep shifting your viewpoint away from the action directly in front of you.

Secondly, the positioning of the Survivor information in the top left actually blocks your vision and forms a location where a survivor could be partially visible but blocked by the icons & text, which is such an awful UI decision it boggles the mind.

• Antrapace
    Antrapace Member Posts: 253

Damn, you know it’s bad when you make a forum account for this reason alone! I appreciate you taking the time to show your support though.

• Vetrathene
    Vetrathene Member Posts: 1,425

Or people can make thier own opinions. I certainly did. I saw this UI and immediatly stopped playing the game back during the PTB. And the fact people may derive opinions from others is not always a bad thing. And in this case I think most people genuinely dislike this UI. Its scattered, its ugly, and it wasn't asked for. No one was complaining about the old, streamlined, nearly perfect UI.

• Avocet
    Avocet Member Posts: 284

I'm not sure you read what I said. Having the same opinion as somebody else doesn't necessarily mean you're just parroting them and can't think for yourself.

• joeyprtr
    joeyprtr Member Posts: 42
    edited February 2021

As customers why do we allow these developers to change games constantly into something that only slightly resembles the game you bought. Because I guarantee that many would have never purchased the game in its current format and therefore never made the microtransactions for a ridiculous amount of dlc that keep them generating funds

• joeyprtr
    joeyprtr Member Posts: 42

I think I figured it all out the producers that made season 8 of g.o.t. did so bad they became game developers so now they are continuing to destroy everything you came to love about the game just like they did the show. Why are you doing this to me again?

• bluedusef
    bluedusef Member Posts: 288

Survivor icons flat at bottom left please bhvr its bugging me the fact its vertical......

• Sup_Thanatos
    Sup_Thanatos Member Posts: 1

We can choose between the new hud or the old one.

Te information must be concentrated in one point.

• Vetrathene

As always they are lying. Its getting kind of silly just how blatant they are becoming.

• lambdabr
    lambdabr Member Posts: 19

Do it or make the old UI in the new system.

• Salty_Pearl
    Salty_Pearl Member Posts: 1,367

First I heard that they can't revert the UI...now I'm hearing that they can but won't...

• ProfoundEnding
    ProfoundEnding Member Posts: 2,334
    edited February 2021

Not Queen said that they can but they won't because it took them months to create the new one and they're not gonna revert months of work. Her words.

• Vetrathene

That's what we like to call a cost sunk fallacy in action.

• N_reaper28
    N_reaper28 Member Posts: 5
    edited February 2021

I got a suggestion for you all: why don't we just put ALL the new UI junk on the BOTTOM of the screen?! judging from the forum, everyone LOVES looking down there for all the Useless Information!

• Jejune
    Jejune Member Posts: 795

Well they 100% can go back, that's for sure. The thing is they can't actually do it. If they actually reverted the update, everybody would know that any change is revertable. That's not good for anybody, on top of that if i used resources for something thats ######### i would also try to justify why it should stay in.

• Vetrathene

How is that not good for anyone? It’s good for the community. And besides, they’ve reverted a couple of other changes in the past. So we already know it’s possible. They are just being stubborn