4.5.0 Update: My Thoughts

So I made a post around the time of the 4.5.0 PTB giving my thoughts on the new UI, the animation/locomotion changes, and the graphical update for the maps. I want to give a revised review of the update so people can have a discussion in these comments and tell me their thoughts too. Reminder, keep it civil. So, here we go:

First off I want to point out the most obvious thing of all and that's the UI changes. When the Public Test Build was released to the player base, the developers did so knowing they were going to get feedback on their new changes. Now, I'd say at least over 90% of the player base disliked these changes but went ahead with it anyway. It felt like... almost a kick in the teeth in a way? I appreciate that the developers are allowing us more say into the suggested changes of perks like Object of Obsession, but where was the say in the update. This is in no way an attack on the developers either, I just think it was very rude and thoughtless of how the community felt.

Next up, hitboxes. Hitboxes have been a hot topic on this game for a while now, with people wanting hitboxes changed to be more specific, such as Huntress' Hatchets. While the introduction of Dedicated Servers and Hit Validation was initially welcome, it did not fix many of our issues at high latencies. Furthermore, with the new update I have seen hits that should not connect AT ALL begin connecting. For instance, I played a game against a Nurse today who was on the same servers as me. However, every time she blinked at me, she wasn't within hitting distance. Despite this, I was still injured as a result. I'm not sure if the developers are still using the old hitboxes from old survivor animations, but maybe this is something to look into to change? Let me know what you think.

Moving on, we have the new map changes. Personally, I really like the new changes for The Asylum and I think they're moving in a good direction for balancing maps. However, I still have to complain a tad bit and say that The Game is still Safe Pallet City. I played a game as Clown today to test his changes, and I have to say it was very boring. Pallet after pallet after pallet after pallet. It was like the game had spawned two pallets virtually next to each other. Perhaps if pallet spawns/the number of pallets were reduced would make this map a little more balanced. My reasoning is that it's the same as the old The Game map - it takes the entire team playing safely to cost you the game before it's even started.

In conclusion, this update was very negatively received. Many people were against the new UI changes but all for the Clown changes and map changes. I hope that the developers make some changes to the new things they've added, because I want to see this game go in the right direction and pick up more steam. Let me know what you think about the new changes now that they're official, and what you'd suggest as a change. Remember, keep it civil in the comments.