Patch 4.5.0 Initial Reaction and Honest Feedback (Survivor Main Bias)

Options
Smoxie7
Smoxie7 Member Posts: 18
edited February 2021 in General Discussions

Good Evening,

I’m hoping that players and devs will take notice to what I feel are common opinions amongst a large majority of the DBD community after the most recent patch update (4.5.0). It will be a mix of both positive and negative feedback.

The Positives:

• New smoother, aesthetically pleasing, and receptive skill check
  • New flashlight animation change (added back the illumination upon successful blinding)
  • Crouching while shining the flashlight
  • New hatch entering animation
  • New healing animation when picking up a downed survivor
  • New Gideon Meat Packing visual updates (I haven’t played on Asylum yet)
  • New score effects and status alert (moved to the right side of the screen for easier reference)

The Negatives:

• STATUS WIDGET POSITIONING AT THE TOP LEFT OF THE SCREEN FOR PLAYER NAMES, HEALTH STATES, AND HOOK COUNTS
  • Why It’s Bad = valuable map sight is blocked in a crucial area of the screen. The bottom left of the screen now has a larger item and add-on visual, which is not crucial to have. Furthermore, the status widgets are more difficult to read the player names, and ESPECIALLY to judge the hook timers. Increasing the size of the widget just takes up more crucial map sight. I do like the new animations and graphics on the widgets, but most definitely not the placement and hook timer bar.
  • OBJECTIVES MOVED TO THE TOP CENTER OF THE SCREEN
  • Why It’s Bad = Again, more valuable and crucial map sight is obstructed. When you think of the status widgets, objectives, score events and status effects, items, it forces your eyes to criss-cross in all different directions... which survivors can’t afford to do when they have to be mindful of their surroundings and the killer.
  • UPDATED SURVIVOR LOCOMOTION AND HITBOX REGISTRATION
  • Why It’s The Death Of This Game = the past survivor locomotion had nothing wrong with it. Why fix what’s not broken? Besides that, the new turning locomotion is extremely stiff, less sensitive/sharp, and much easier for the killer to track movement (multiple killer main streamers have confirmed this: i.e. Otzdarva). The posing for survivors while standing now resembles a bodybuilder’s T pose (which is not very stealthy), and the injured running animation looks like a half-Naruto run (sorry for the jab lol). With DS receiving an exploitative nerf in the coming weeks, survivors can’t afford to have their locomotion nerfed in such a disadvantageous fashion. Lastly, if the easier to track movement wasn’t enough, the nail in the coffin is that it seems like every killer has a Freddy lunge now. The hit boxes extend out so much further, that it is extremely tough to anticípate when to bait as a survivor.

Conclusive Initial Reaction to the Patch Today

• After I played two matches, I didn’t even feel like playing another one because the survivor movements were so hindered, and the hitbox registration was so odd and frustrating. P.S. The POV upon being downed and hooked was also extremely low to the ground and skewed in an odd fashion.

While my negatives were a mix of fair points and a little bit of emotional frustration... I hope this review, the opinions, and suggestions are helpful in shifting the game towards the direction that Behavior is aiming to grow in. A happy community means more investment in the game. And more investment in the game leads to more money for Behavior, but more importantly... more enjoyment and support from it’s community. If it is any consolation... yes I do play killer as well around the red ranks (although I’m not that great :) )

Sincerely With Health and Well Wishes,

Smoxie7

Certified Ace Main (1000+ hours of gameplay)

Post edited by Smoxie7 on

Comments