Votes on New survivors Movements & Animation

Kuroneomi
Kuroneomi Member Posts: 10

What I have noticed so far:

• A little more realistic than before (takes time to rotate around, standing with [relatively] straight back, pretty much have to kneel down to heal downed survivor, animation of running when injured, knocked forward when downed). However, very awkward looking.
  • Camera is way too close to survivor.
  • When hooked, camera moves weirdly towards the floor (making me see killer butts and only see my legs) before panning to the actual survivor on the hook (unsure if bug or intended).

I understand that the Devs have worked hard to add realistic aspects to the game, and I appreciate that, but I feel like it looks quite weird and uncomfortable to the survivors (and therefore me irl). But of course cast your votes down below.

Votes on New survivors Movements & Animation 67 votes

I don't like it at all. They should change it.
35%
maaadinsomniacMert_MKLeonardo1ita[Deleted User]AhoyWolfLofepramineKuroneomiAnders_020haglingBigbubbabam270steponmeadirisサイレンが聞こえるRogue11BwstedRizerNDKxi0maraDistortedDreamalranicanSymeS 24 votes
I don't like only certain aspects of it that can be fixed.
43%
Science_GuyAdelooSeiko300BlueberryShrimpTwiggsTapeKnotDream_WhisperMrPenguinTaigakylerabdcgamer10MooksRothlonAwkward_FiendMadLordJackUndershotDerZuntorAggressiveFTWboostedsurvivormainHex_LlamaC2O4 29 votes
I don't mind either ways / I don't care.
4%
musstang62MissMaylunaCashoes 3 votes
I like it / It's good as it is.
16%
GibberishGHERBEARRULESRullisiThicc_Boi_MyersFuuTotemsCleanserNoOneKnowsNovaDanoobielTrashmasterEve13fogdonkey 11 votes

Comments

• Anders_020
    Anders_020 Member Posts: 5

plz revert the movement the old movement looks way better and clean stop killing your game with this stupid cringe stuff

• Senyor_Yiff
    Senyor_Yiff Member Posts: 16

The animations look much more fluid and natural, and I haven't noticed any change in movement aside from crawling (which the dev's have said would be the only movement being altered). The only thing I dislike is the standing pose for survivors. The old standing poses made the survivors look on edge and nervous of the surroundings, while the new standing pose looks like the ending scene of The Blair Witch Project

• I don't like only certain aspects of it that can be fixed.

I think the animations over all feel more smooth, although there are a few weird ones. The chad standing animation looks really out of place, same with the injured running one.

Other than that, they feel pretty good.

• xi0mara
    xi0mara Member Posts: 37

It's better to change it back. The movements are kinda slow to be honest. The reaction has changed too. For some reason it is kinda hard to swing or juke as a survivor. Like if Deathslinger is chasing you, you normally try to swing your character so you can dodge the bullet but it's kinda hard now and slow.

• Seiko300
    Seiko300 Member Posts: 1,862

Basically this ^

I do really appreciate that they took the time to rework the animations, I'm afraid that all the criticism about the new animations that they're getting might put the idea in their head that we don't want to see new animations at all which is certainly not the case. I think updated animations that make survivor and killer interactions more fluid, realistic, and believable are some of the most exciting updates in the game, more important I think than the visual updates to maps. Especially when done correctly.

And that's what I want to focus on, is that the new animations do look "better" in the sense that they overall are more fluid and being able to stand like a normal person certainly adds to that aforementioned "realism" I was talking about earlier. However, I think we can almost all agree there's a bit of give and take here with the new animations because it's no secret that a few look really awkward.

Mainly I think, the normal idle animation and the walking animation. The problem with these animations is that they appear so casual, and while the previous animations didn't seem very natural either with the hunch, you could at least tell that the survivors seemed wary of anything around them, constantly looking around, etc. The new animations make it seem like they're just strolling through the park, and I wished that the survivors trembled a little bit, or fidgeted around, or just generally look more scared. Even if the player isn't scared, the characters themselves should most definitely act the part.

• Hex_Llama
    Hex_Llama Member Posts: 1,821

Mostly I'm okay with it. I think it looks more realistic at the cost of seeming less quick/fluid. They look like demons when they try to nod. And you can't look at your own face in game -- if you try, your head always whips around to look behind you in a way that's kind of creepy.

I kind of hope they keep the dorky run they do when injured. I think it's really funny and it improves my mood while playing.

359 Member Posts: 2

I really am not a fan of any of the new player animations, I appreciate that there are attempts to improve, but I feel like these are a step backwards.

• Danoobiel
    Danoobiel Member Posts: 132

The death of 360s is worth any price.

• Lunarknight
    Lunarknight Member Posts: 29

They just need to make it more polished

• fogdonkey
    fogdonkey Member Posts: 1,567

Finally no 360s