Do you think emblems should be part of the HUD?

Rescultir
Rescultir Member Posts: 185
edited February 2021 in Polls

With the recent update, the HUD has been sectioned off into 5 or 6 parts. Personally, I think it's not as helpful as the devs might think it is but I don't see a problem with it. What I do care about is how the devs said in a Livestream once that they weren't going to add emblems to the old HUD because of clutter. Now that they have made the HUD cluttery, I believe they should add the emblems in there as well somewhere because emblems are more important than how much bp's you got from an action.

Edit: Alright, I am getting a lot of no's on this post. People seem to forget that the devs are bringing back MMR so it will force you to pip or keep playing with potato teammates. The icons on the top right of the screen in-game is the old scoring system to show you what you needed and how much you needed to pip. So if they replace that it'll be more useful than the current icons that are there since it doesn't provide any useful information while playing the match which is what I was trying to suggest trading out in the original statement above.

Do you think emblems should be part of the HUD? 47 votes

Yes, emblems should be part of the HUD
38%
RescultirGHERBEARRULESTapeKnotLapisInfernalisElikDr_LoomisBigbubbabam270ReisMinerKatie_metglitchboiAzxx93stargazer9RepostRiposteSixShotOcelotQwQwBananaboiKarao_KeDemsByDaylight 18 votes
No, emblems should not be part of the HUD
61%
MandyGibberishNuttyDemon_Swordsmaaadinsomniacthen4321SunaIIanuanonymous31337Mattie_MayhemOGLycidas[Deleted User]RothlonIsJustMeAwkward_Fiendbm33NoOneKnowsNovaJarolDanoobielCaleegiDistortedDream 29 votes
Post edited by Rescultir on

Comments

• Rescultir

Obviously, I think they should be part of the new HUD and they SHOULD have been part of the old HUD as well. Let me know what you think.

• Dr_Loomis
    Dr_Loomis Member Posts: 3,703

I far preferred the old HUD. Would of least liked to see any option to switch between the two.

But regardless, I'll get used to the new set-up.

• Rescultir

Agreed, wonder what the people think that are voting for no.

• RepostRiposte
    RepostRiposte Member Posts: 793

I would prefer less elements on screen but if the devs are so determined to continue with this new HUD I'd rather have emblems than the hook counter.

• then4321
    then4321 Member Posts: 234

Nope, unnecessary.

• Katie_met
    Katie_met Member Posts: 422

It's good to check how I can improve throughout the game and see if there are any emblems I need to work on such as altruism or chaser

• Mandy
    Mandy Administrator, Dev, Community Manager Posts: 22,938

I'd say no because I'm concerned about making it even more busier than it is now, I also don't pay much attention to whether I pip or not and play for BP.

• bm33
    bm33 Member Posts: 8,160

Soon rank won't matter at all except for some extra BP at reset so adding in emblems would just be unnecessary clutter.

• Rescultir
    edited February 2021

Yes, but they have those other blood point gains icons that also don't matter because you don't see the total amount of bps you have until the game ends and those icons represented the old rank system to keep track of how much score you got. So I say we replace those, you say rank doesn't matter but it will because they made that MMR, and they're bringing it back in the future. Even if you think they're not important, the devs still think it is despite all the negative feedback about it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I4ue-CNXSdI&ab_channel=Yerv

• Rescultir

People seem to forget that the devs are bringing back MMR despite all the negative feedback about it so it will force you to pip or keep playing with potato teammates. The icons on the top right of the screen in-game is the old scoring system to show you what you needed and how much you needed to pip. So if they replace that it'll be more useful than the current icons that are there since it doesn't provide any useful information while playing the match.

• Karao_Ke
    Karao_Ke Member Posts: 1,221

If people are concerned about more stuff cluttering up the screen, just implement the emblems in the pause screen so they aren't forced down your throat.

• bm33
    bm33 Member Posts: 8,160

I don't get why you quoted me twice just to basically repeat yourself.

I'm not sitting through ads and watching 20 minutes of some random content creator's video and waiting for him to talk about what you think is related to the emblems. Find the written DBD dev statement instead because I'm guessing the dude is just reading one of those.

The new MMR is not attached to the ranking system with the emblems, in fact in the last Q&A stream they said they will not be telling us what exactly they are using to calculate the new MMR because they don't want players to change their play to increase/decrease their hidden MMR rating.

In the January dev update they said Ranks (which are tied to the emblems) would no longer be used for match making once MMR is introduced. They will only matter for BP rewards you will get at rank reset.

The BP scoring events are not tied to the emblems in a way to let you know what your emblem score is. You can max out BP in categories which you would see from the BP scoring BUT not get an iridescent emblem because the scoring for emblems is not the same as BP scores. I've gotten all iridescent emblems and not max out scoring in the categories - Unbroken is one you can get an iridescent emblem and only have 5k out if 8k points. I've also gotten perfect score of 32k but not had all iridescent emblems - Unbroken again if you're hooked once you won't get higher than gold but you can still get the max 8k BP.

As far as BP scoring events staying/being removed from the HUD I would be fine with them being removed so there is less popping up on my screen during a match. It could be helpful to remove them because there's plenty of players that see they max out in altruism and stop even attempting to save players from the hook because they won't get any more points in that category. The only time the BP scoring events are possibly needed during a match is when there's an event like the current one we have now. Currently in game you see the event scoring pop up, if you played event offering it'll show the increased bonus BP.

Between BP scoring events and emblem status I would choose BP scoring events every time because they're more useful than a soon to be old rank system that will only matter once a month.

• Danoobiel
    Danoobiel Member Posts: 132

Honestly, the emblem system should be nuked.

• Rescultir

Yea my bad the quote thing said it didn't post the first time, idk what happened there. Don't see how I can delete it.

• Lycidas
    Lycidas Member Posts: 1,170

No, emblems are unnecessary and too "unstable" during a match to be presented in the HUD

A good addition would be to have the recap of how many bloodpoints you accumulated in the ESC menu for each category, and in the same note maybe the progress of Rift challenges?