If you were affected by the Grade Reset Bloodpoints not being awarded properly, you will receive any missing Bloodpoints shortly. You may need to restart your game for the rewards to appear. Thank you for your patience!

Claudette's perk Botany Knowledge?

Options
REL1_C
REL1_C Member Posts: 619

Claudette's perk "Botany knowledge" has a bigger meaning, the perk says " You transform plants found around The Campfire into tinctures that slow down bleeding". A tincture takes about 8 weeks to create, which is damn right impressive.

It also says "the Perk Botany knowledge implies that campfire is surrounded by varied flora". The flora on the perk Botany knowledge is known as a trillium, a trillium grandiflorum to be exact. The trillium is plant native to north America, Claudette origin is "Montreal", which is also in north America (Canada which is also America).

Not done yet, I'm serious. When tome 5 was released, the Arcus 2217 said " I have uncovered to my amazement and bewilderment memories of Claudette that are unlike any of those I've previously experienced. One might even say they should not belong to her... and yet... they are hers. I surmise these memories may belong to another Claudette from another Terra world, suggesting that this Old One may have clear preferences at the cosmic buffet for certain souls. It will take more samples of these memories to know if they are in fact from another Claudette or if, and it is possible, I am having troubles deciphering between her actual memories and her creative musings.

What I have gained from one perk is that Claudette is somehow still gaining knowledge from her memories. It says "One might even say they don't belong to her". While one Claudette is gaining botany knowledge and one Claudette thinking about how to apply it, this makes her a God healing.

(The usual meaning of a trillium is that the flower symbolizes spiritual embodiment and with a sense of conscientiousness").

There DEVS are much smarter than I thought lol really impressive

I just got curious one day if the "Flora/Flowers" on the perk botany knowledge was real, I wanted to know the meaning and just look what I knowledge I found.

Comments

• Alionis
    Alionis Member Posts: 964
    Options

I don't want to imply the devs don't think about lore stuff when choosing these kinds of things, however, I think in this case it's a mere coincidence and I'm pretty convinced that back when they created Botany Knowledge, Tomes and the entire lore that we now discover through the archives, as well as the archives, weren't on their mind at all.

• REL1_C
    REL1_C Member Posts: 619
    Options

I might be a bit of a nerd but it's pretty cool that the picture on the Botany Knowledge logo was a "Floral" in Canada, Claudette's origin.

• KolbyKolbyKolby
    KolbyKolbyKolby Member Posts: 608
    Options

I like your train of thought, but the logs that show memories Claudette has that are and are not hers, I'm thinking it's an explanation of the entity choosing Claudette over and over from different worlds, the same reason you can have 4 Claudette's in a lobby.

• AsherFrost
    AsherFrost Member Posts: 2,340
    Options

How weird would that be, you're sitting at a campfire in terrifying darkness already, then you come out and see yourself. No wonder so many new survivors don't play well as a team. :)

• MeltingPenguins
    MeltingPenguins Member Posts: 3,743
    edited February 2021
    Options

I get the impression the team behind the characters' lore have the same weird way of researching stuff many (good) writers have:

you can get minute details like this right but flunk at stuff like co-joined twins cannot have different birthgenders... <3