Crotus Penn and Autohaven Maps disabled

2»

Comments

• Freki
    Freki Member Posts: 1,903

they listened only because so many were complaining about physical discomfort bordering on causing medical conditions, they did not want to be responsible for this. this is what seems their modus operendi, throw something together and if they get a huge backlash they quickly try to fix it. happened the last time they changed the aura system. this does not mean they listened to us.... they just got tired of the screaming, because when there was a chance to avert this issue they did not take it. they did not have to push the ptb build live like they did.

instead what they did was say "we want to see what the console players think since they don't have the ptb" and what was said elsewhere so that it would not be connected is that once the change was put live there was no way to revert it because the whole backbone ui engine had been changed. so by "WAITING" for the console players they made sure the change THEY wanted and the players did not want and said was horrendous was FORCED upon us, thus this is work in progress is a band-aid in order to hopefully keep their player base playing and buying skins and the dlc's.

• ShamelessPigMain
    ShamelessPigMain Member Posts: 1,877

They actually disable maps quite often, when updates come. Even if they didn't touch the map, things can get screwed over unintentionally.

• Chilli_man2400
    Chilli_man2400 Member Posts: 2,893

That’s the point they got lots of complaints and they changed it yes they should have changed it from PTB but they needed more feedback yes I get it they forced it but there actually fixing it and helping out players with medical issues this is the same issue like what happened with the red screen stun

• Kolonite
    Kolonite Member Posts: 1,346

It's because both have insane fat shames rn

• Freki
    Freki Member Posts: 1,903

if the point is to take feedback that is universally bad and then change it, it SHOULD have been done from the PTB to AVOID the I'm done, and people leaving. They didn't care when people weren't going to stop spending money on their products but now they care? they care to make the change IRREVERSABLE, make it sound like they would if the console players aren't happy as well and then to find out they can't and wont revert it. in "NOT QUEEN's" words "Why would we throw away months of hard work?" that means they think they have the RIGHT thing and we are wrong. they are not listening, they are reacting because they see a loss of revenue and probably seen a loss of players in their stats. I know four fog whisperers maybe three that don't play dbd like they used to. and one i haven't seen play dbd since before the midchapter patch. but i've seen them play other games like phasmaphobia and others. so no they are not listening.

for them to have listend "Oh we hear you that you don't like this UI, it's new and we ask you to give it a chance but know that if it goes live it will not be able to be reverted because the backbone ui engine won't work with the old. What needs to be changed about the UI? " and that would be listening, not "UI change on PTB, you don't like it? sure we'll see what console players think" elsewhere "the UI engine will not accept the old engine, there is no going back." major outcry from pc and console users including probably a large drop of players "Here, what about this?" all that was changed is the survivors are placed at the bottom left! no other changes! the gens are still in the upper center, no it's still wrong. Status effects are small and easily missable. you think this is good enough to say they listened? I don't.