If you were affected by the Grade Reset Bloodpoints not being awarded properly, you will receive any missing Bloodpoints shortly. You may need to restart your game for the rewards to appear. Thank you for your patience!

I don't think nurse is any ordinary ghost...

Options
1nsignia
1nsignia Member Posts: 306
edited February 2021 in Lore

After her tome came out a thought popped up and now I am absolutely sure that she is what I'm about to say.

A banshee.

For those who don't know what a banshee is, it's basically a spirit who mourns for her (rarely a his) loss of a family member.

Sure nurse is mourning over her husband so what?

Well. Along with banshees are their ability to produce loud shreiks and cries able to damage there prey. Sure nurse's can't hurt injure survivors but they also but it is apparent that she can at least threaten them or make them scream (add on).

The banshee also is derived from Ireland. Not to be stereotypical or hair-cist?. She is a person with orange hair.

Another fact that ties these two is that they can only cry for 5 families :

the O'Neills, the O'Briens, the O'Connors, the O'Gradys and the Kavanaghs.

Kavanagh is the name of the add on "Kavanagh's last breath" who is kavanagh? The fat orderly as it says on that add on.

Why would she mourn him?

Idk.

Also I decided to research while doing this lol. So it took about 15 mins. Also she might not be solely inspired about banshees. As I have been told before that killers are not inspired from one thing, as I learned when I tried to link huntress to the bunny man (pretty interesting) as they shared significant similarities.

If your curious to where I got this info. I looked up banshee mythology and found some info. Simple as that. Remember this was made in 15 mins.

Also feel free to look more up to destroy or further this theory.

edit: typos.

Post edited by 1nsignia on

Comments

• Thunderous_670
    Thunderous_670 Member Posts: 137
    Options

I don't think she's a ghost, she bleeds and is of flesh and bone like a human, just not exactly mortal, she's almost, angelic in a sense, she's beautiful.

• ChurchofPig
    ChurchofPig Member Posts: 2,731
    Options

She never died. What we see in game is what the entity did to her. Her in game lore even states "Only Sally had survived that night, but her mind was gone..." She went insane she didn't die.

• 1nsignia
    Options

oh. I saw people talking about her costume looking like a ghost and I guess that made me think she was. as well as the power to phase through the walls. but if she's not a ghost. I still think she's a tad bit inspired by a banshee.

• 1nsignia
    Options

at the end of her story it says "they got her into an ambulance, but that ambulance never reached the hospital. it was found crashed in a nearby wood, all the staff dead and sally nowhere to be found."

I'm pretty sure she lashed out at the people in there with her and crashed the vehicle. I think she's dead.

• EvanSnowWolf
    EvanSnowWolf Member Posts: 1,583
    Options

Yeah, well.... bustin' makes me feel good.

• ChurchofPig
    Options

For someone who died in the ambulance it's strange that her body wasn't found huh? Most killers that were dying were taken by the entity before dying. It's my belief that she was dying from the crash but the entity took her before she could just like Hag (who should have been dead long before she started killing if you ask me).

• 1nsignia
    Options

Yeah that's true I have the same thought aswell but when I look at spirit she clearly dead. This can be the same said for nurse, look at her skin she pale. This is what happens to someone after death. She has a pillow case over her head and is struggling to breathe, all of her skins show a form of her struggling to breathe. For example the tarpaulins have plastic bags over her head. Can't breathe. Her chest caved in. Can't breathe. Seems pretty dead for me. And of course her body wasn't found. The entity took her after death. They don't have to be alive at the time of being taken. This is evident from oni. As he dies from being tortured. Passes out. Now he's in the fog. Plague dies from sickness. Passes out in the fog. Spirit bleeds to death passes out. In the fog. This one is far fetched but still makes sense, Charlotte freezes to death. Accepts it victor who is dead starts moving. She follows him in the fog. All the killers end with them "passing out" when in fact they are dead. And transitioning into the fog.

If this is the case it would have been a death near experience as you said. But from just her appearance. I think she's dead.

Sorry for the long comment.

• ChurchofPig
    Options

Once Nurse got into the Entity's realm I believe she didn't want to kill for the entity so the entity started suffocating her to make her kill for the entity (but never let her die because Entity magic bs). Also, it never says that Oni, Plague, Spirit, Twins, or Nurse "passed out" in their lore. I went and just read all of their lores (or at least the last half where this "passing out" would have happened and there is no mention of this in a sense that makes me think MOST of them died.) Actually the last we hear of Plague in her lore she's praying so Plague is an automatic alive. Charlotte is most likely dead, but she gave into death she didn't just "pass out". Oni and Spirit both died but some people think Spirit was taken a little before she died, I don't think that's true. Not to mention last we're given any sort of hint into Nurse's state prior to being taken she's alive. I guess there's a chance that Nurse could be dead, how ever from what I gathered from her lore she entered the Entity's Realm alive and the Entity is suffocating her and forcing her to kill for itself.

• 1nsignia
    Options

Yes If its true that she isn't dead. Then yours will be valid. Except for the part that she is being forced, more of tricked into doing it, maybe even willingly. But I still believe she's dead in the "real world" but is very alive haunting the fog as a ghost. But that's just me.

As for the lore. Not all of them say they passed out(I should have been more clearer on that, sorry), but show a transition of them being blinded or closing there eyes of some sort. Showing the transition from life to death. As for plague black smoke lifted and filled the cave. This was a case of where she was saved last second. Before dying. I was wrong thank you for mentioning that and correcting me on Charlotte.

But back on nurse. She could have been paralyzed? We never see her use her legs. Maybe she did survive the crash? Who knows. That's probably why she floats all the time.

Idk. But I still think there is a resemblance with her and a banshee.

• ChurchofPig
    Options

I still think your opinion is valid though because a lot of the old killer lore really is up in the air for were they dead or were they alive. So in all honesty I do think you have a very interesting theory for if she's dead, what kind of ghost is she? Me personally, I took it as a situation where she was saved prior to the crash and something about the entity's "salvation" caused the crash. That's my theory. The Nurse then didn't want to work for the entity and so the entity put her through her old torture of a pillow case to try and suffocate the Nurse and force her to work for the entity. Also as a way to balance the power the Entity gave Sally, she took away her ability to walk and instead slowly floats and in exchange she can use this fast moving teleporting power. (It does hurt, but it's a worthy hurt)