Distressing Dr. Saw map OP?

Options
Has anyone had the misfortune of finding themselves with a Dr. that runs Distressing on the saw map? If you have then you will know how insufferable this is when nearly anywhere on the map but quite literally the corners will make you scream if he is steadily within the center of the map. This can be devastating of survivors are not communicating and finish all the gens on the "outskirts" of the map. As if to say they are all that spread out to begin with. (OPINION POWERS ACTIVATE)

Comments

• DrSoda
    DrSoda Member Posts: 10
    Options

I have to try this now.

• Vulipus13
    Vulipus13 Member Posts: 28
    Options
    DrSoda said:

I have to try this now.

PLEASE NO!!! I GET THIS ENOUGH
  • Runiver
    Runiver Member Posts: 2,095
    Options

Soon to come :
    Doctor with Distressing, Coulrophobia, Ruin and Nurse's calling in The Game, with Iridescent King equiped.

Will definitely be fun. (Only for the Doctor tho, possibly)

• Vulipus13
    Options
    Runiver said:

Soon to come :
    Doctor with Distressing, Coulrophobia, Ruin and Nurse's calling in The Game, with Iridescent King equiped.

Will definitely be fun. (Only for the Doctor tho, possibly)

To the most cancer game 2018 let's go 😂😵😭
  • SeducedByDaemonette
    SeducedByDaemonette Member Posts: 300
    Options
    Just like 4 SB , SC , DS , Adrenaline used to be in the late 2016-early 2017
  • Wolf74
    Wolf74 Member Posts: 2,959
    Options

My most favorite map offering when I play Doc: the Game!^^
    Distressing, Unnerving presence, Overcharge, NC with Calm add on.
    Yay!

• Dwight_Fairfield
    Dwight_Fairfield Member Posts: 6,794
    Options

@Wolf74 said:
    Yay!

I bet the map lights up like a Christmas tree for you lol.

• Steebear
    Steebear Member Posts: 105
    Options

@Wolf74 said:
    Yay!

I think faced with this I would go to Narnia pretty quickly... :dizzy:

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200
    Options

@Vulipus13 said:
    Has anyone had the misfortune of finding themselves with a Dr. that runs Distressing on the saw map? If you have then you will know how insufferable this is when nearly anywhere on the map but quite literally the corners will make you scream if he is steadily within the center of the map. This can be devastating of survivors are not communicating and finish all the gens on the "outskirts" of the map. As if to say they are all that spread out to begin with. (OPINION POWERS ACTIVATE)

I have played a lot of doctor and I can tell you that it only works against bad survivors. Good survivors know what to do against madness and even if you run unnevering distressing, they will still hit the skillchecks

At rank 20 doc on this map is kinda devastating, yeah

• Vulipus13
    Options
    Master said:

@Vulipus13 said:

I have played a lot of doctor and I can tell you that it only works against bad survivors. Good survivors know what to do against madness and even if you run unnevering distressing, they will still hit the skillchecks

This simply is not true. It matters not how good you are at this point. I'm rank 1 with an entire community of rank 1 survivors who agree that this is toxic and broken. My only concern on this subject is if anything will actually be done about it. However knowing the devs and how much they love the Dr. even after giving him an undeserved buff probably will never nurf this. (Nice poke at insult though with that rank 20 shot😂)

• KroolTheField
    KroolTheField Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 47
    Options

@Master said:

@Vulipus13 said:

I agree with your statement. As an ok survivor I can tell that it is not that hard to counter this build. Especially if the doctor gets looped by someone for the entire game (or nearly)

• Vulipus13
    Options
    Also allow me to clarify its not about the skill checks. It's about the consistency of tier 3 madness that's the issue and always having your position being ratted out with little to nothing you can do but except that someone will have to run the killer the entire match in order for anyone to do anything. This is different than just being able to play traditional and hide/ or trade offs. As in it's a problem when your not even 8 seconds I to a match and nobody started together but everyone is already screaming. 

• Vulipus13
    edited June 2018
    Options

@Master said:

@Vulipus13 said:

I agree with your statement. As an ok survivor I can tell that it is not that hard to counter this build. Especially if the doctor gets looped by someone for the entire game (or nearly)

There are no infinites on this map. As well then you have yet to encounter a good Dr. As you get to higher rank the killer knows how to use this build to ruin the game.
  • Saint_Judas
    Saint_Judas Member Posts: 43
    Options

The impossible skillchecks Doctor is super fun on the Game, I will say that, but with some practice it isn't as bad as it looks. However it still can wreack havoc to a group unused to it, or merely uncoordinated. You get distressing, unnerving, overcharge, and lullaby/ruin/some sight related perk and... well, it can be real fun times, you shouldn't have problems finding people. I have yet to get to experience too many distressing overcharges, but I will say... this is a loadout that gets steadily less and less useful up the ranks, and after a certain point... distressing skillchecks are not hard to hit unless you get multiple in a row that spawn in annoying parts of your screen

• Vulipus13
    Options

The impossible skillchecks Doctor is super fun on the Game, I will say that, but with some practice it isn't as bad as it looks. However it still can wreack havoc to a group unused to it, or merely uncoordinated. You get distressing, unnerving, overcharge, and lullaby/ruin/some sight related perk and... well, it can be real fun times, you shouldn't have problems finding people. I have yet to get to experience too many distressing overcharges, but I will say... this is a loadout that gets steadily less and less useful up the ranks, and after a certain point... distressing skillchecks are not hard to hit unless you get multiple in a row that spawn in annoying parts of your screen

You're missing the point of the thread. This is not about skill checks. This is about not being able to go anywhere without screaming away your position at any given time.
  • thesuicidefox
    thesuicidefox Member Posts: 8,223
    Options

I think The Game map is broken AF for a lot of killer strats. Scratched Mirror Myers and Tombstone Myers are good here because you will always be in range of the aura and/or there isn't anything to hide behind to prevent him from gaining EW respectively. Doc is broken as you mention, you don't even need anything other than Distressing really, because it's impossible to NOT be in his TR and gain madness (I have been saying for a while that you should be able to "snap out" of madness 2, that could help here but not really). Hag will be able to teleport to almost any trap, no range add-ons needed. Nurse can go up and down without using the stairs.

It's too small, just as swamp maps are too big. Game and both swamp maps need to be removed from the game until they get fixed.

• GolgiNea
    GolgiNea Member Posts: 157
    edited June 2018
    Options

@Vulipus13 said:

Shhhhhhhhhh.. Not everyone thinks of these things :'(

• Vulipus13
    Options

I think The Game map is broken AF for a lot of killer strats. Scratched Mirror Myers and Tombstone Myers are good here because you will always be in range of the aura and/or there isn't anything to hide behind to prevent him from gaining EW respectively. Doc is broken as you mention, you don't even need anything other than Distressing really, because it's impossible to NOT be in his TR and gain madness (I have been saying for a while that you should be able to "snap out" of madness 2, that could help here but not really). Hag will be able to teleport to almost any trap, no range add-ons needed. Nurse can go up and down without using the stairs.

It's too small, just as swamp maps are too big. Game and both swamp maps need to be removed from the game until they get fixed.

Thank you for actually taking this seriously. So many people are not understanding what I'm getting at.
  • Vulipus13
    Options
    GolgiNea said:

@Vulipus13 said:

Shhhhhhhhhh.. Not everyone thinks of these things :'(I'm sorry nea fam xD I just want it fixed

• Master
    Options

@Vulipus13 said:
    Saint_Judas said:

You're missing the point of the thread. This is not about skill checks. This is about not being able to go anywhere without screaming away your position at any given time.

sadly you dont need to be stealthy in DBD, guess why there are so many legacy outfits runnign around shining like fools and even clicking with flashlights at you

All you have to do is run in circles around the pallets and wait till your team has done enough gens, gg
    Even though the shock can be useful during looping, it is not a counter at all and a good survivor knows that

• Vulipus13
    Options
    Master said:

@Vulipus13 said:
    Saint_Judas said:

sadly you dont need to be stealthy in DBD, guess why there are so many legacy outfits runnign around shining like fools and even clicking with flashlights at you

All you have to do is run in circles around the pallets and wait till your team has done enough gens, gg
    Even though the shock can be useful during looping, it is not a counter at all and a good survivor knows that

Not everyone plays in that way. And how are you supposed to loop the Dr. In that way on the the game map? He can negate your ability to drop a pallet or vault through a window. He is very op in this way. Most people I've actually talked to find that he is annoying as a killer and for in most ways a lazy player. Although I gotta be honest. I think he's pretty decent killer if not for the onslaught of spamming shock treatment and carefully timed vault interuptioint. Plus not everyone plays PC so the high speed accurate mouse option is to there for a lot of people. Doing 360 and 180 Jules is a little more challenging. Now remember this is specifically to the game map. Not every map, despite that's it's still an irritating chore none the less with the Dr. in general.
  • Master
    Options

@Vulipus13 said:
    Master said:

@Vulipus13 said:

Saint_Judas said:

Not everyone plays in that way. And how are you supposed to loop the Dr. In that way on the the game map? He can negate your ability to drop a pallet or vault through a window. He is very op in this way. Most people I've actually talked to find that he is annoying as a killer and for in most ways a lazy player. Although I gotta be honest. I think he's pretty decent killer if not for the onslaught of spamming shock treatment and carefully timed vault interuptioint. Plus not everyone plays PC so the high speed accurate mouse option is to there for a lot of people. Doing 360 and 180 Jules is a little more challenging. Now remember this is specifically to the game map. Not every map, despite that's it's still an irritating chore none the less with the Dr. in general.

Not everyone plays that way, yeah but about 99% of the survivors I verse
    You loop doc like every other killer. You just need to adapt a bit and cant stay at pallets adn wait for the killer (which you shouldnt do anyway).
    I can only suggest you try playing doc yourself and you will see how he can be looped.

About the consoles:
    I feel bad for every console killer and I honestly dont understand how they can hit a 360ing survivor with console aim. Its a sad thing that survivor is so easy to play that some high level pc player even play survivor with controller because it is more relaxing (marth does so e.g.), but playing killer with controller is just laughable

regarding the game map, I guess you havent played on it that many times. There are so many pallets on this goddamn map, its insane, maybe equip the new perk that shows pallets and you will change your mind

• TeambossFloze
    TeambossFloze Member Posts: 1,260
    Options

@Vulipus13 said:

The DR on Gideons map generally is just both rage enducing and stressful AF :chuffed:

• Vulipus13
    Options
    Master said:

@Vulipus13 said:
    Master said:

@Vulipus13 said:

Saint_Judas said:

Not everyone plays that way, yeah but about 99% of the survivors I verse
    You loop doc like every other killer. You just need to adapt a bit and cant stay at pallets adn wait for the killer (which you shouldnt do anyway).
    I can only suggest you try playing doc yourself and you will see how he can be looped.

About the consoles:
    I feel bad for every console killer and I honestly dont understand how they can hit a 360ing survivor with console aim. Its a sad thing that survivor is so easy to play that some high level pc player even play survivor with controller because it is more relaxing (marth does so e.g.), but playing killer with controller is just laughable

regarding the game map, I guess you havent played on it that many times. There are so many pallets on this goddamn map, its insane, maybe equip the new perk that shows pallets and you will change your mind

Yeah but it's rare that I find a Dr. that doesn't run this build. But yeah you're right about trying to play him and I gotta be honest, it's like hitting the ez button when I play Dr. I always know where everyone is at all times and I control the map hard when I play a him. But that new perk for survivor you mentioned may help.