Who else is kind of getting tired of DS and the Hatch?

Just ended a match where I did very well and the last person alive happened to be the obsession who DS'd and found the hatch right nearby.

The match prior 2 had died and I downed one near a gate, the hatch placement was known. I carry the downed towards a hook and DS'd. They make it to the gate and escape while the other waited by the hatch to escape once it opened.

I just felt robbed since there was no skill involved in their escape and rather than being outplayed, I was just a victim of bad gameplay mechanics.

It just feels bad, and I'm getting very tired of it.
Anyone else?

Comments

• SpaceCoconut
    SpaceCoconut Member Posts: 1,962

Why should a survivor be able to recover from exhaustion while on a meat hook? It kind of doesn't make any sense to me gameplay wise.

If you want to say it's a counter to camping, it's really not. The killer isn't forced to leave the hook and stop camping if you're on the hook recovering from exhaustion.

• PinkEricka
    PinkEricka Member Posts: 1,042

Why should a survivor be able to recover from exhaustion while on a meat hook? It kind of doesn't make any sense to me gameplay wise.

If you want to say it's a counter to camping, it's really not. The killer isn't forced to leave the hook and stop camping if you're on the hook recovering from exhaustion.

@SpaceCoconut I never said it was a counter to camping, it aids you when you’re getting unhooked in proximity of the killer.

The Killer isn’t forced to leave the hook and stop camping if you’re on the hook recovering from exhaustion.”

Are you saying that recovering from exhausion on the hook gives the killer reason to camp? Because not recovering from exhausion from our perks isn’t fair to us....
  • Vietfox
    Vietfox Member Posts: 3,823
    JoannaVO said:

@Vietfox said:
    Grow up. If u want 4K slug the 3rd one and go kill the 4th one.
    Coming to the forums just to tell us how frustrated u are is childish.

How is it childish to give your opinion on a game mechanic? If people wouldn't give their opinions and feedback on everything involved to the game the developers wouldn't be able to improve certain mechanics and it would forever be a unspoken frustration.

@JoannaVO
    Because some people rather complain about stuff instead of learning how to counter it.
  • SovererignKing
    SovererignKing Member Posts: 1,273
    edited September 2018
    Vietfox said:
    “Game is in the best state it’s ever been for Killers. Quit whining” ~ Bias Survivor players 2018.

It’s just a sad fact. Developers have fixed quite a bit of the broken stuff for Survivors, but there is still broken stuff. Gen Rush, Hatch, DS, SC, SB (which the exhaustion nerf didn’t even effect it. Actually getting a buff now you can SB off hook every single time and use the I-Frames from it with impunity.)

Just because they fixed some of the broken stuff, Survivors will say that Killers should “be fine” now with whatever stuff is still broken in their favor, cause there used to be even more.
    @SovererignKing
    The only stuff which needs to be fixed are whiny killers' skills.
    I've been maining a hag lately and only in 1 out of 20 matches last survivor managed to get the hatch.
    -Rank 1
    -Hag
    -Ruin, Deerstalker, MYC, NOED
    So you use crutch perk NOED to save your ass after you’ve already lost. Cool beans. Plus, you play the slug game with Deer Stalker. Nice.
  • SovererignKing

@SpaceCoconut I never said it was a counter to camping, it aids you when you’re getting unhooked in proximity of the killer.

The Killer isn’t forced to leave the hook and stop camping if you’re on the hook recovering from exhaustion.”

Are you saying that recovering from exhausion on the hook gives the killer reason to camp? Because not recovering from exhausion from our perks isn’t fair to us....
    Right... because you totally deserve a freebie cause you got caught. Cause they Killer is camping and “that’s not fun and it’s not fair!”

Guess what? It’s not supposed to be fair. That’s the point of you having team mates and everything. It’s not supposed to be fair to an individual survivor. It’s only supposed to be balanced for a team of 4. Which camping is absolutely balanced by the fact he Killer has no map pressure and the rest of your team has free reign of the map. 
  • Vietfox
    Vietfox said:
    “Game is in the best state it’s ever been for Killers. Quit whining” ~ Bias Survivor players 2018.

It’s just a sad fact. Developers have fixed quite a bit of the broken stuff for Survivors, but there is still broken stuff. Gen Rush, Hatch, DS, SC, SB (which the exhaustion nerf didn’t even effect it. Actually getting a buff now you can SB off hook every single time and use the I-Frames from it with impunity.)

Just because they fixed some of the broken stuff, Survivors will say that Killers should “be fine” now with whatever stuff is still broken in their favor, cause there used to be even more.
    @SovererignKing
    I've been maining a hag lately and only in 1 out of 20 matches last survivor managed to get the hatch.
    -Rank 1
    -Hag
    So you use crutch perk NOED to save your ass after you’ve already lost. Cool beans. Plus, you play the slug game with Deer Stalker. Nice.
    @SovererignKing
    I run it in case all 5 gens are done, yes, but honestly i just need to use it once every 20 matches.
    I run deerstalker so i can hook the last 2, what's the problem?
    Tools are provided to have a succesful match, if u dont know how to use them then it's on u, but dont come over to complain about broken/unfair stuff when u already got the solution.
  • SovererignKing
    Vietfox said:
    Vietfox said:

@SovererignKing
    -Rank 1
    -Hag
    @SovererignKing
    I run it in case all 5 gens are done, yes, but honestly i just need to use it once every 20 matches.
    Tools are provided to have a succesful match, if u dont know how to use them then it's on u, but dont come over to complain about broken/unfair stuff when u already got the solution.
    “Don’t know how to use them” meaning getting rewarded for failing. 
  • PinkEricka
    PinkEricka Member Posts: 1,042
    edited September 2018

@SovereignKing  Lol. Why are you so bothered with Survivors recovering exhausion while on the hook? It seems fair to me especially when the killer camps.

DS, Gen rushing, and hatch is in the process of getting fixed.

Out of curiosity, how often do you play survivor? Because you’re just as biased.
    A ton. Play more Killer, yes, but I recognize the bullshit on both sides. My PSN name is SoveriegnKing. Feel free to look me up and you’ll see I have 88% (was 92%) of the trophies for the game. Including most of the Survivor. I would guess that I have 800 hours as Killer and 600 as Survivor. Possibly more.

Im bothered by it because Killers still lose map pressure by camping. They make a trade off for l securing a Kill. What did you do to deserve that freebie? Oh right, you screwed up and got caught in the first place. 
    @SovererignKing Yes, I think I’ve played against you before with my SWF group. That was a long awhile ago before the Clown came out though. 

You can’t help that you get caught, more than likely all 4 survivors is going to get hooked at least once. You’re bound to get caught. 
  • Vietfox
    JoannaVO said:

@Vietfox said:
    JoannaVO said:

@Vietfox said:

How is it childish to give your opinion on a game mechanic? If people wouldn't give their opinions and feedback on everything involved to the game the developers wouldn't be able to improve certain mechanics and it would forever be a unspoken frustration.

@JoannaVO
    Because some people rather complain about stuff instead of learning how to counter it.

I think every killer can agree that decisive is a unfair advantage that does indeed not require skill, like mentioned by OP. Maybe the OP has started countering it? (Not like you can fully counter it since hook placements are ridiculous sometimes). I think it's good to go to the forum and give your opinion on a game mechanic, whether positive or negative, to see if others agree with you too and/or possibly gain advice from others who are/were in the same situation at some point until the developers add a working solution into the game.

It's good to give your opinion, but some opinions are stated as facts when they are actually not.
    DS can be annoying, especially when it's used by 4 survivors (which is so unusual) but if you slug the DS user then u are already countering that DS.
    If u manage to slug the last 2 then hook the DS user first so he won't be able to go through the hatch, and that's not the only counter to DS...
  • Vietfox
    Vietfox said:
    Vietfox said:

@SovererignKing
    -Rank 1
    -Hag
    @SovererignKing
    Oh indeed, i've always said that noed is a reward for failure.
    What, u do great in all matches?
  • SovererignKing
    edited September 2018
    Vietfox said:
    Vietfox said:
    Vietfox said:

@SovererignKing
    -Rank 1
    -Hag
    @SovererignKing
    Oh indeed, i've always said that noed is a reward for failure.
    What, u do great in all matches?
    Not a chance. However, that’s the issue. Using specific perks and specific Killers shouldn’t be a way to counter bad mechanics, as well as ways to suddenly play “catch up” when you fail. To me NOED needs to go just as bad as DS. Gen Rush needs addressed as well. There just simply isn’t enough time to play without at least tunneling like a mad man, if not flat out camping to get your hooks. They could implement a better measure against Camping and such as soon as they fix something with Gen Rush. Looping is pretty much balanced out now. Any more nerfs to Pallets and buildings Survivors will have so little chance to actually escape a Killer.

Hatch is a bad mechanic because it’s too Survivor sided. No amount of more fiddling with perks, Pallets, buildings, ect. will stop the real core issue of the game which is flat out Gen Rush. They need a something real toward objectives for Survivors to do. Not totems, not optional boxes, ect. They need to stop fiddling with variables and tweaking numbers hoping that’s going to fix the problem. They can’t change the maps, perks, pallet counts ect anymore than they already have without giving Survivors no chance. They can’t just leave Gens the way they are without making it giving Killers no chance against an optimal Gen Rush team. Doesn’t even have to be SWF, just Rush the ######### out of the Gens. 
  • The_Fallen_Utopia
    The_Fallen_Utopia Member Posts: 441
    Both the end game and Decisive Strike are changing at some point. Won't have to deal with it much longer. Well unless it gets delayed again..
  • Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614

I've always been tired of DS.
    As for hatch, it did annoy me sometimes, but then i stopped caring about it like i did with ranks, and now it's all good.

• ClogWench
    ClogWench Member Posts: 2,582
    Both feel like rewards for playing poorly. DS can sorta be played around but the hatch is honestly a dumb mechanic, at least in the state it's in now. 
  • Vietfox
    RSB said:

Oh, wait, the most biased of them are already here.

That made me laugh, thx @RSB :D
  • DeadByFlashlight
    DeadByFlashlight Member Posts: 1,642

@SpaceCoconut said:
    Just ended a match where I did very well and the last person alive happened to be the obsession who DS'd and found the hatch right nearby.

The match prior 2 had died and I downed one near a gate, the hatch placement was known. I carry the downed towards a hook and DS'd. They make it to the gate and escape while the other waited by the hatch to escape once it opened.

I just felt robbed since there was no skill involved in their escape and rather than being outplayed, I was just a victim of bad gameplay mechanics.

It just feels bad, and I'm getting very tired of it.
    Anyone else?

Everybody knows that the hatch mechanic is broken.
    If you want to 4k, you slugg

• Link
    Link Member Posts: 135

Decisive Strike is getting nerfed i believe this upcoming midchapter patch and they're still working on changes to hatch to prevent hatch standoff so we just have to deal with it for now.

• Peasant
    Peasant Member Posts: 4,104
    @SpaceCoconut "Last survivor was the obsession. . ."

It's Rancor time!
  • Mister_xD
    Mister_xD Member Posts: 7,669
    edited September 2018

the changes are comming soonTM, dont worry!
    i guess late 2046 we'll see them go to the PTB and already in early 2058 they'll come live! :D

• HellDescent
    HellDescent Member Posts: 4,883

The whole hatch mechanic is there so that the survivors don't cry and make them feel like they've won at the end of the game when they did badly and had only 2 gens completed. Being able to take the game hostage because they think they are entitled to a free escape.

• brokedownpalace
    brokedownpalace Member Posts: 8,793
    I'm not sure how the hatch really affected anything. The gate was already open, the other survivor easily could have left through it. You lost 1 kill, not 2.

Also, have you tried not staking your emotions on a video game? Would help you not feel bad.
  • SpaceCoconut
    SpaceCoconut Member Posts: 1,962
    I'm not sure how the hatch really affected anything. The gate was already open, the other survivor easily could have left through it. You lost 1 kill, not 2.

Also, have you tried not staking your emotions on a video game? Would help you not feel bad.
    Without knowing the area layour with active traps and gate locations if course you're not sure how the hatch affected the match at the time.

Suffice to say that it would have been a 3k with a race to the gate for the fourth.
  • NoxiousOnnyyxx
    NoxiousOnnyyxx Member Posts: 343
    I'm tired of the noed, make your choice and devour of hope. 
  • iceman2kx
    iceman2kx Member Posts: 462

TBH I don't mind the hatch. I try to avoid double pipping anyways, I usually give them hatch anyways.

But I do want to point out something here. Survivor's that complain about NOED but use the hatch are complete hypocrites. The usual argument I hear about NOED is "it's rewarding the killer for failure", but isn't that exactly what the hatch is? /rollseyes

• PhantomMask20763
    PhantomMask20763 Member Posts: 5,176

Honestly if the matches were longer than the standard 5 minutes, most killers would be very powerful. If the devs added a secondary objective that is mandatory and takes quite a while to complete even with a swf team then all killers would be balanced. Would some still be weaker than others? Yes but what is the killers biggest enemy? Time and if they had more of time perks like DS wouldn't matter because the survivors are buying time but the killer can still get things done. If there was a secondary objective then the killer has more time to break pallets and loops resulting in a more fun and engaging match for both survivor and killer, the killer has more time to play and have fun and survivors get to do something other than hold m1 on a gen. Just imagine a rank 1 where you see every killer not just nurse/Billy wouldn't that be better for everyone who plays?

• Milo
    Milo Member Posts: 7,383
    I agree ds is bull. 
    They made rancor specifically for that.
    That doesnt change the fact it needs some kind of chanve
  • Vietfox
    iceman2kx said:

TBH I don't mind the hatch. I try to avoid double pipping anyways, I usually give them hatch anyways.

But I do want to point out something here. Survivor's that complain about NOED but use the hatch are complete hypocrites. The usual argument I hear about NOED is "it's rewarding the killer for failure", but isn't that exactly what the hatch is? /rollseyes

@iceman2kx
    As a survivor i don't mind noed at all.
    Both noed and the hatch might reward failure, but noed rewards it to the person who clearly failed while the hatch might reward it to the only person who did something, and in my experience that's usually the case.
    Killer is 1 person and everything that goes wrong will be their fault, survivors are 4 and some will do better than others.
  • If you look at this thread really carefully, it has become a toxic saltfest. I think this is the first one I have ever seen on here. Jk it is every single post and it is getting boring, no one can have a civil discussion on here, especially if Vietfox is the first to comment.

• Vietfox
    edited October 2018

If you look at this thread really carefully, it has become a toxic saltfest. I think this is the first one I have ever seen on here. Jk it is every single post and it is getting boring, no one can have a civil discussion on here, especially if Vietfox is the first to comment.

@Legacy_Zealot
    Would u say the comment above yours is not civil?
    Thanks anyway!
  • @Vietfox said:
    Legacy_Zealot said:

If you look at this thread really carefully, it has become a toxic saltfest. I think this is the first one I have ever seen on here. Jk it is every single post and it is getting boring, no one can have a civil discussion on here, especially if Vietfox is the first to comment.

@Legacy_Zealot
    Thanks anyway!

Look at your first comment? It is an improvement on most :blush:

• Vietfox
    edited October 2018

@Vietfox said:
    Legacy_Zealot said:

@Legacy_Zealot
    Thanks anyway!

Well yeah, what it's really getting boring is people complaining about the same stuff over and over, like camping, looping, the hatch, etc...
    Seriously, the hatch "issue" is easy to counter if killers work for it. If killer kills the second last one and 2 gens (at least) are already done they'll know what's going to happen. Not to mention that 3K is a win already.
    As a killer we all aim for 4K, but if i fail to achieve it i won't come to the forums just because i didn't get one kill.
    Post edited by Vietfox on
  • SovererignKing
    Vietfox said:

@Vietfox said:
    Legacy_Zealot said:

@Legacy_Zealot
    Thanks anyway!

Well yeah, what is really getting boring is people complaining about the same stuff over and over, like camping, looping, the hatch, etc...
    Seriously, the hatch "issue" is easy to counter if killers work for it. If killer kills the second last one and 2 gens (at least) are already done they'll know what's going to happen. Not to mention that 3K is a win already.
    As a killer we all aim for 4K, but if i fail to achieve it i won't come to the forums just because i didn't get one kill.
    Then Survivors complain about being slugged for the 4K. Personally I find wanting a 4K just greedy on the Killers part, but that is no excuse for such a one sided mechanic. Closing the hatch was too one sided for the Killer as well. I don’t see the problem with “the same complaints” over and over. They are still issues regardless, plus, some might be new to the forums or new to the game and not know the topic has been discussed ad nasium. 

Plus, there is always the off chance some new blood or a new mind might come up with the perfect solution. Going over the same discussion might yield new and exciting results. 
  • Vietfox
    Vietfox said:

@Vietfox said:
    Legacy_Zealot said:

@Legacy_Zealot
    Thanks anyway!

Well yeah, what is really getting boring is people complaining about the same stuff over and over, like camping, looping, the hatch, etc...
    Then Survivors complain about being slugged for the 4K. Personally I find wanting a 4K just greedy on the Killers part, but that is no excuse for such a one sided mechanic. Closing the hatch was too one sided for the Killer as well. I don’t see the problem with “the same complaints” over and over. They are still issues regardless, plus, some might be new to the forums or new to the game and not know the topic has been discussed ad nasium. 

Plus, there is always the off chance some new blood or a new mind might come up with the perfect solution. Going over the same discussion might yield new and exciting results. 
    @SovererignKing
    U are right about the new members.
    What i don't understand is if u don't really mind not getting 4K why u think the hatch is an issue then?
  • SovererignKing
    Vietfox said:
    Vietfox said:

@Vietfox said:
    Legacy_Zealot said:

@Legacy_Zealot
    Thanks anyway!

@SovererignKing
    What i don't understand is if u don't really mind not getting 4K why u think the hatch is an issue then?
    Only because the Killer has nearly zero counter play to it if he doesn’t slug the third. I can’t count how many matches I’ve found the last guy, hit him, and he simply ran and got lucky and saw the hatch and stood on it. Nothing I can do but have a stand-off or hit him and let him have it. That’s just the Killer in me speaking.

As a Survivor nothing is more irritating than seeing last guy get the hatch... and he has 8k points at the end of the match. He literally did ABSOLUTELY NOTHING but gets a freebie off the rest of the team’s hard work. 
  • Vietfox
    Vietfox said:
    Vietfox said:

@Vietfox said:
    Legacy_Zealot said:

@Legacy_Zealot
    Thanks anyway!

@SovererignKing
    Only because the Killer has nearly zero counter play to it if he doesn’t slug the third. I can’t count how many matches I’ve found the last guy, hit him, and he simply ran and got lucky and saw the hatch and stood on it. Nothing I can do but have a stand-off or hit him and let him have it. That’s just the Killer in me speaking.

As a Survivor nothing is more irritating than seeing last guy get the hatch... and he has 8k points at the end of the match. He literally did ABSOLUTELY NOTHING but gets a freebie off the rest of the team’s hard work. 
    @SovererignKing
    Lol i got the solution. The hatch opens only when the last survivor has earned a especific amount of bps during the match.
  • SovererignKing
    Vietfox said:
    Vietfox said:
    Vietfox said:

@Vietfox said:
    Legacy_Zealot said:

@Legacy_Zealot
    Thanks anyway!

@SovererignKing

@SovererignKing
    Lol i got the solution. The hatch opens only when the last survivor has earned a especific amount of bps during the match.
    That would be good, plus have at the very least have made at least 50% progress on one Gen. 
  • CornChip
    CornChip Member Posts: 540

"mum... MUUUUM..... MUM!.. No, HE USED DS AGAIN!!

• M2Fream
    M2Fream Member Posts: 288
    Vietfox said:
    JoannaVO said:

@Vietfox said:

@JoannaVO
    Oh. Please then, enlighten everyone how to counter DS and the hatch. And none of that "slug the third one and kill the 4th." It doesnt work. Besides the fact that the killer needs a perk to see dying survivors within a small range and they need a separte perk to STOP survivors from getting infinate vision of dying survivors (how tf is that fair and balanced), survivors can counter that anyway. They can run unbroken and get picked up and then run away and self care. They can suicide to unlock the hatch. The hatch is not balanced and fine for the killer.

As for DS...Let me guess... Run enduring and unnerving prsence.. Fact Check; Neither of those are counters. Enduring takes some time off the stun RECOVERY, NOT the 4 second stun. Oh and the whole free escape thing..

But please, if you have some magical viable counter that no one else thought of, please, share it with the rest if us.
  • Vietfox
    edited October 2018
    M2Fream said:
    Vietfox said:
    JoannaVO said:

@Vietfox said:

@JoannaVO
    Oh. Please then, enlighten everyone how to counter DS and the hatch. And none of that "slug the third one and kill the 4th." It doesnt work. Besides the fact that the killer needs a perk to see dying survivors within a small range and they need a separte perk to STOP survivors from getting infinate vision of dying survivors (how tf is that fair and balanced), survivors can counter that anyway. They can run unbroken and get picked up and then run away and self care. They can suicide to unlock the hatch. The hatch is not balanced and fine for the killer.

As for DS...Let me guess... Run enduring and unnerving prsence.. Fact Check; Neither of those are counters. Enduring takes some time off the stun RECOVERY, NOT the 4 second stun. Oh and the whole free escape thing..

But please, if you have some magical viable counter that no one else thought of, please, share it with the rest if us.
    @M2Fream
    I force them to do especific gens so the remaining ones are close to each other. Once i've achieved that it's quite easy to kill the remaining survivors.
    Yes, survivors can run unbreakable, but the percentage of survivors who manage to get the hatch is reduced by a lot since not everyone is running unbreakable, and that doesnt guarantee the escape anyway.
    About the DS, i counter it with the map, not with perks, like taking them to a corner quickly so i can block them a bit or stay somewhere so once they get off they'll run to the way i want them to run (where there are less loops). And btw, i usually manage to down them again in less than 20 seconds, it's not really a big issue.
    As i said, most of the times i have no problems on getting 4K, and if they get the hatch... Who the hell cares? I got 3K already!
    Edit: replies from cellphones dont send the notification by default, @me instead
  • OGlilSPOOK20
    OGlilSPOOK20 Member Posts: 716
    Most definitely tired of DS, but not the Hatch so much.

I just want to say, Killers you don't always have to go for a clean sweep if one escapes... Oh well, gg!

Either you find them before they find hatch. But my advice is.... Don't stand by the hatch pls!

You basically let them know where it is and now you're having a hatch stand off because you're being greedy ( complains about hatch stand offs when you basically create them.)