Red glyphs are a ******* joke

Literally running around entire maps and I can't find this ######### thing. Is there some secret I'm missing out on??

Comments

• GoodBoyKaru
    GoodBoyKaru Member Posts: 22,767

Also from my own experience they usually spawn in jungle gyms, L-T walls, or shack.

• brokedownpalace
    brokedownpalace Member Posts: 8,793

I appreciate the tips guys but these are absolutely 100% not spawning every time they should. Sometimes I will hear that sound for like 2 seconds and then it stops so I search the area top to bottom and there's nothing to be found. Once was even in the corner of a map. Searching for these things is a complete waste of time. Time better spent doing literally anything else. What an absolute ######### show of a patch this was

• TatsuiChiyo
    TatsuiChiyo Member Posts: 700

As others have said just try and find them. Also from playing with my bro who was also doing red glyph, you may be in a trial with someone else doing the challenge and they are taking your glyph. It spawns one per person with the challenge but once grabbed the glyph vanishes

• musstang62
    musstang62 Member Posts: 517

I kind of just ended up farming as windstorm wraith for a few games. Ran around the map until I found the glyph, then just dicked around with survivors until the end of the match before rinsing and repeating. The glyphs are kind of annoying... would be better if you didn't have to be within 5 feet for it to show up

• brokedownpalace

So wait you can grab them even if you're not doing the challenge? ######### lol

• kaeru
    kaeru Member Posts: 1,568

I did this challenge for 5 trials. I actually completely forgot about this challenge and never look for glyphs on purpose. Just play normally and pick it up when you find it eventually.

• WiiFitTrainer
    WiiFitTrainer Member Posts: 788
    edited February 2021

I just finished this challenge after about 10 games. They appear to just spawn randomly somewhere in the map like hatch. My last one was in the swamp near the edge not by anything.

• KeiOrtem
    KeiOrtem Member Posts: 252

You also have to remember that if another player has the same glyph challenge then they can grab it two and only one glyph spawns per game. At least as far as I'm aware.

• brokedownpalace
    edited February 2021

So yet another challenge that really involves no actual challenge other than luck. Filler.

Post edited by brokedownpalace on
  • Starr43
    Starr43 Member Posts: 873

Mine all spawned near the exit gates after all the gens were done and took only 3 games. My friend on the other hand ran around like a headless chicken hoping she would stumble across them. It took her significantly more games to find them lol. I’m not a glyph expert but from my experience I say get the gens done and look near the exits because 3 escapes in a row and I didn’t have to Easter egg hunt. Side note that my friend came across one mid game that she claimed wouldn’t let her interact with it no matter what she tried so either it was bugged or you can’t actually take someone else’s but still see them.. Really not sure.

• Nosferatu3145
    Nosferatu3145 Member Posts: 542

Go with wraith with speed add ons and be happy

• TragicSolitude
    TragicSolitude Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 7,164

Am I the only one who finds it kinda nifty to come across the red glyphs randomly during matches, so I'm just not going to complete the challenge so I can keep it as an option forever?

I did the same thing with one of the pustula plant challenges. I wish those would show up in killer matches like the red glyph does.

• CountVampyr
    CountVampyr Member Posts: 1,050

As people said, just relax and play the game normally. You’ll find them inevitably. It may take more than three rounds but you’ll find them. For me it took about 6 or 7.

• Jareth
    Jareth Member Posts: 112

I didn't have any trouble finding them. I got it in 3 games as a killer and found them all by playing normally. You need to listen for the sound when you get close. The hardest to find was on the Game since it made the noise downstairs but was actually upstairs. Even then it wasn't really that bad.

• brokedownpalace

I guess I'll have to approach it as something I'll stumble across rather than actively look for. Not really my style of approach but oh well, can't win them all

• GbyeDinah
    GbyeDinah Member Posts: 42

They always appeared right in front of me. Like they popped up as I got close making a crackle noise

• shalo
    shalo Member Posts: 1,522

Of course the glyph quest blocks the Killer line.

• JawsIsTheNextKiller
    JawsIsTheNextKiller Member Posts: 3,360

I found it easier to do this challenge as killer. You are likely to cover more of the map.

• shadowman0105
    shadowman0105 Member Posts: 261

if someone is doing the challenge with you swfs or otherwise everyone will have there own glyphs. So no no one is going to steal your glyphs everyone will have there own to find.

• Shirokinukatsukami
    Shirokinukatsukami Member Posts: 1,624
    edited February 2021

They are like the hatch or that Ruin Totem you just can't find. They absolutely always spawn but it's pretty much RNG if you find them, unless you spend the entire match combing the map for them.

Red Glyphs are also like Red Survivors. They are both jokes.

• Chchchcheryl
    Chchchcheryl Member Posts: 1,531

Just saying when you find them, forsake all else, ignore your chase or your hooked team mate etc, you don't know if you'll get a chance to go back before you die/the match ends

It took me twelve games, I found glyphs in five of them, two of those games I was killed before I could get the glyph because I didn't take it when I saw it the first time and helped my team out instead. I could have saved myself a couple of hours if I didn't

• SMitchell8
    SMitchell8 Member Posts: 3,302

Such a poor excuse for another objective.

• TatsuiChiyo
    TatsuiChiyo Member Posts: 700

No, but I think if you are both doing the challenge you can interact with both. So rather than three games you can do the challenge in two, but screw someone else over so they noi have to do four

• malatruse
    malatruse Member Posts: 784

I always find them mid-chase because that's when I'm running around the map the most 😂 Killers never let me stop and grab them

• DragonMasterDarren
    DragonMasterDarren Member Posts: 2,804
    edited February 2021

honestly i'm pretty sure they're there so that there isn't a massive collection of Nurse challenges (i don't think i need to explain why)

• SMitchell8
    SMitchell8 Member Posts: 3,302

The thought of a killer stopping to let a survivor collect something mid chase only for the chase to reignite 😅

• kingcarl2012
    kingcarl2012 Member Posts: 1,710

I did it in 3 trials, just a high mobility killer running around till i found it before i would do anything else in those matches. 2 were pretty quick before i lost 2 gens, 1 took till 4 gens, once i found them then played normal with lower expectations.

Mind you i also do this with killer/perk challenges for killers i dont have leveled up, throwing one or two matches for a buttload of bp is no issue for me.

• SnakeSound222
    SnakeSound222 Member Posts: 4,467

They're invisible and silent until you get really close. I really hate challenges that are luck based, they're not very fun in any game. The glyphs should either be visible from a much greater distance or they need to be much louder.

• malatruse
    malatruse Member Posts: 784

It happened to me during 4th anniversary, a Ghostface let me get the crown. 😄

• HellDescent
    HellDescent Member Posts: 4,883

It has a weird sound kind of like spirit's sword. Half the time they are bugged though. You can hear the sound but the glyph isn't there. They will be inside environment you can't get to, like hills or buildings.