The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Survivor hook count/ Killer non

Why would the Survivors get a hook counter and the killer not. Why wouldnt you just make them look the same on both sides and each hook marked the same way? When I play killer I like to track down hidden survivors or know if my next hook is going to off a survivor.

Comments

• Mr_K
    Mr_K Member Posts: 9,184

I think both sides should keep track of hooks on there own.

• Chocolate_Cosmos
    Chocolate_Cosmos Member Posts: 5,735
    edited February 2021

Reason why: "Prevent tunning"

But also it can help reduce tunneling. It happend to me sometimes that I killed someone (didn't wanted to) or used trap as pig on someone who then die on hook.

Yes, my fault, but my point is, it is not just for purpose of tunneling someone.

(You can do it allready, just focus someone and ezi tunnel)

• jerry46360
    jerry46360 Member Posts: 24

Yeah but while you running around trying to catch them I am not Otz or Dowsey and have trouble keeping track of how many times I have hooked someone. I hate tunneling unless I am specificially doing a challenge or I am dealing with a mean survivor but the counter has to be put on both sides.

• odra
    odra Member Posts: 369

why u need to keep track how many times u hooked survivor. this info is not needed at all.

• Anniehere
    Anniehere Member Posts: 1,262

The new hook icon for killers can help to figure out how well you've done so far.

You can hook about 12 times with this icon.

How many times you need to hook a survivors to kill them? only twice. one hook is when assuming that one survivor was not rescued.

There are 4 survivors and that means you need to hook 8 times at least to kill all of them.

You can see how many times survivors was on the hook with that icon.

If you see 4 red marks, you know that two survivors just died on the hook and 2 survivors remaining alive.

The more red marks you have on the icon, the more you know most of them were on the hook.

We will get used to it without having to count.

• C3Tooth
    C3Tooth Member Posts: 8,266

I agree with this.

If I want to tunnel someone, hiding hook count doesnt matter, I will just focus that single survivor until they die.

Hiding hook count only work case like you see Survivor1 (1hook) and Survivor2 (2hook) on a Gen, you decide to go for survivor 2 because there is 1 Gen left and you need a survivor to be gone.

Beside that, it has no use about prevent tunneling.

• jerry46360

The fact is and I said it in my previous comment I want to know so to speak I can spread the wealth. I dont play Killer to try hard 4k but for me I think it's more fun to not kill someone off so fast. You misunderstood hiding. Some survivors dont do anything with they assume things are going bad and just give up on each other hook count wont matter for them because they are more than likely in a locker.

• jerry46360

Anyone else have input towards this?